Check your Soutwest Prices!

momto1

DIS Veteran
I just booked yesterday for July 1 to July 6 from Chicago to Orlando. Checked today and rebooked! Saved $85.01 on my flight and 5535 points on hubby's flight. Lots of $79 fares available!

I booked flights for F&W at 6am on the day the schedule opened. Today is the first time the prices dropped below what I paid for them. I rebooked today and got some points back. Debated about doing it because it will most likely put me further back in the EBCI queue but I decided to do it anyway.

Debated about doing it because it will most likely put me further back in the EBCI queue but I decided to do it anyway.
I thought changes didn't affect EBCI and that it's still based on when it was added. :confused3

Thanks, the outbound flight I was looking at for October dropped from $125/person to $99. I went ahead and snagged it. There's 3 of us so it saved me around $80, enough to add a day onto our trip.

Just checked our flights for next month and the outbound dropped $18 per person but the flights home increased by $83. go figure.

I thought changes didn't affect EBCI and that it's still based on when it was added. :confused3
There is no official word from Southwest on whether your EBCI purchase date changes when you change your flight but there have been reports here that suggest that if you change a flight you will end up further back in the queue. One post was made by someone who was traveling with her husband and also another couple. They all purchased their tickets and EBCI the day the schedule opened. Months later, couple #1 changed their flights (to the same flight) when the price dropped. Couple #2 did not. When they got their boarding assignments, couple #2 was close to the front of the A queue. Couple #1 was much further back in the line.

I could see why Southwest would want to change your EBCI date if you change your flight. It would prevent someone from jumping the queue if they bought a flight plus EBCI and then months later changed to a different flight, perhaps one where the schedule had not even been released yet when EBCI was initially purchased, and ending up ahead of the other EBCI passengers because they had an EBCI purchase date that was earlier than anyone else's could possibly be. It would also make passengers think twice about rebooking when the price drops, but then I would think Southwest would want us to know about this side effect to dissuade some of us from repricing our flights.

Bottom line, we don't know for certain but there is anecdotal evidence that one's boarding position may be affected if they reprice their flight.

Bottom line, we don't know for certain but there is anecdotal evidence that one's boarding position may be affected if they reprice their flight.
Thanks! I'll find out at the end of the month. :rolleyes1 DD and I did a fare adjustment over the weekend. DS did not. They also accidentally took off our EBCI when I called in about the price drop and had to call in a second time to get that added back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter