• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check in Time Question

ELMC

DIS Veteran
I was curious what percentage of the time people were able to check in prior to 4pm and have their room be available. Typically we arrive after that time so it's never been an issue, but for those of you who arrive early, what success (or lack thereof) have you had with early check in? Thanks!

generally get there earlier and would say between 80 and 90% - the room was available before 4pm. Now available immediately 50 to 60% of the time.

Coming from the west coast we usually arrive around 11-12pm, so never have any problem with our room being ready :rotfl:

I usually stay at a DVC resort 3 to 4 times a year and I almost always arrive around noon and only once have I had to wait for a room. Every other time it has been ready to go.

In 30+ trips in the last 10 years our villa has not been ready only 3 times!

Once at Jambo.... Arrived at 1pm, villa ready at 4:35
2nd time at BWV ..... and I'm still waiting for that text telling me my room is ready! :lmao:
3rd time at OKW in June- Arrived at 12:30, villa not ready, had a wonderful lunch at Olivia's, checked on the way out the villa was ready.

We drive in, generally arrive between 10:30 and 1pm, no matter the resort, we've had great luck, the villa is usually ready!

We always book 2br's, maybe that makes a difference!

We arrive about noon usually and almost never get our room right away. A few times, we've been promised the text message, but we don't receive it.

In the past 10 trips, I've never had the room NOT be ready. We generally arrive bright and early (by 10:30 am at the latest).

To be contrary, I can only ever remember one time our room was ready before 4:00 PM, that was a treehouse in 2010. We go at least twice a year, and with the exception of that one time in 2010, we have always had to wait until at least 4:00. We have also only gotten the text message one time, that was earlier this year.

We arrive between 10am and 12pm....our room is usually not ready....maybe 5 or 6 times in 25 trips different size villas.....normally the room is ready 2-3 pm......this is at BCV, BWV and BLT

We arrive between 10am and 12pm....our room is usually not ready....maybe 5 or 6 times in 25 trips different size villas.....normally the room is ready 2-3 pm......this is at BCV, BWV and BLT

I frequent larger resorts, OKW, SSR & kidani, hence why the villas are probably always ready by noon!

I am usually checking in before 09:00. I have been on more than 100 DVC trips since joining. My room is available about 7 out of 10 times.
Example: Last trip we booked three rooms at SSR, placed "Travel With" on all reservations, and requested them be in the same building. DW and I checked in all three rooms when we arrived at 08:30. All three rooms were available, in the same building, and on the same floor.

cwdefouw said:
To be contrary, I can only ever remember one time our room was ready before 4:00 PM, that was a treehouse in 2010. We go at least twice a year, and with the exception of that one time in 2010, we have always had to wait until at least 4:00. We have also only gotten the text message one time, that was earlier this year.

I' m with you. Years ago we got our rooms earlier but on our last 5 to 10 trips the room has never been available until almost 4 PM. Once SSR really dropped the ball and we did not get the room until 10:00 PM. They made good on that with $200 in room charge credits.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. We have a two family, split stay trip coming up and I was wondering how long we should plan on being without a room for. It sounds like if we plan for the full time we may be pleasantly surprised, but not disappointed. But based on the feedback from this thread, I won't hesitate to at least try to check in early and see what happens. :)

Besides our recent trip to Disneyland and the GC where it wasn't ready, we have only had one case in WDW where it wasn't ready on time or we weren't notified out of 30+ stays.

We usually arrive at 11:00 or so and it is generally ready after lunch and a few times earlier.

I usually arrive between 12:00 and 2:00 and I'd say 50% of the time it is ready. I've never had to wait longer than 4:00.

For me, studios and 1 BRs are usually available when I check in (around 11am), but 2BRs and GVs usually aren't ready til 3 or 4pm. Just my personal experience!

Havent done many DVC yet, last time we had to wait because we requested the two rooms be close if possible. They made that happen (mostly) but we did have to wait til 4pm for the 2nd room.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. We have a two family, split stay trip coming up and I was wondering how long we should plan on being without a room for. It sounds like if we plan for the full time we may be pleasantly surprised, but not disappointed. But based on the feedback from this thread, I won't hesitate to at least try to check in early and see what happens. :)

Depends on the resort, occupancy rate, time of your arrival and most of all if you made any location requests. If you are willing to stay in any room, your chances of early room availability is greatly improved.

:earsboy: Bill

I almost always arrive either at 10:30 pm or later, so if my room is ready I'm in a lot of trouble...LoL. This past trip was suppose to arrive at MCO at 11:54 pm. Got held up in Newark Airport for 3 hours...Got to resort and went to bed next morning at 3:45..AM.

1 question though...This next trip w'ere doing split stay,

We get into the airport at 9:20AM or so, my guess is w'ell probably get to BLT by 11 am or so...I know that's kinda early to check in realistically, but we can utilize the pool and stuff right? And also when switching to the next resort 2 days later, Do I get a ride from them with my bags , or do I take the bus from MK to AKV. And wait for the bags"" Thnx in advance

I almost always arrive either at 10:30 pm or later, so if my room is ready I'm in a lot of trouble...LoL. This past trip was suppose to arrive at MCO at 11:54 pm. Got held up in Newark Airport for 3 hours...Got to resort and went to bed next morning at 3:45..AM.

1 question though...This next trip w'ere doing split stay,

We get into the airport at 9:20AM or so, my guess is w'ell probably get to BLT by 11 am or so...I know that's kinda early to check in realistically, but we can utilize the pool and stuff right? And also when switching to the next resort 2 days later, Do I get a ride from them with my bags , or do I take the bus from MK to AKV. And wait for the bags"" Thnx in advance

Check in when you get to the resort, they will give you your keys but not tell you where your room is until it is cleaned later in the day.

Bell Services will transfer your luggage, it will be there between 3:00 and 4:00. You are on your own to get to AKV. I would go early and check in there and get the keys. Maybe check out the place and have lunch while you wait for that room.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter