Cheapest resort to sleep 5?

aimeeinohio

Mouseketeer
What is the cheapest per night stay that will sleep 5 in one room?

We stayed POR when we took the kids in 2009, but I thought I would see if there were any other options, besides Art of Anumation (that's out of my price range). We're going in August.

cabins at FW are likely the next best but are close to the $ of A of A. The real determining fator for the cabins is if you want to take advantage of the kitchen and save a lot of $ there

As others have said, POR would be the cheapest option for 5. At any other resort you would need 2 rooms. The deluxe resorts (with the exception of WL and AKL) accommodate 5 in one room, but those are more expensive than 2 rooms at a value or mod.

All Star Music has family suites that sleep up to 6, however I'm not sure if it cheaper than POR. I remember POR being very very cheap, not sure why its a mod.

I did want to note that you might want to take the age/size of your kids into consideration. The murphy bed at POR isn't all that big.

If your oldest is older than about 8 or 9, I think you'll be more comfortable in 2 rooms in a value.

CSR was the same price as POR when I just priced out our week stay for 5.

Just as a quick point of comparison, here are value season weekday pricing- (August would be more expensive)

POR- $162

ASMu family suite- $202

AoA family suite- $252

So if a POR AB room will be too cramped for you, you might want to think about an ASMu family suite.

If you want to consider 2 connecting value rooms they would be just a bit more than the single room at POR.

We are on our way to POR now but in July/August we stayed at the FW cabins and LOVED IT! It's considered mod, more $$ than POR but cheaper than the suites or 2 value rooms (at least it was for us). I didn't think the only benefit was the kitchen, though we utilized it quite a bit. We really enjoyed the resort, the campfire with Chip n Dale, Trails End buffet, the pools, the scenery and theming. It was just a great experience. I'm looking forward to POR and trying something new but the cabins were really a blast.

Technically, the cheapest place to sleep 5 would be a Fort Wilderness campsite.

Next would probably be Shades of Green, if you know any military members you would like to vacation with, they can sponsor you a room.

i know these options probably don't work for many, but the request was for more options. ;)

iheartdisney said:
Technically, the cheapest place to sleep 5 would be a Fort Wilderness campsite.

Next would probably be Shades of Green, if you know any military members you would like to vacation with, they can sponsor you a room.

i know these options probably don't work for many, but the request was for more options. ;)

Great advice. You never know when someone can use these tips.

Depending on when you are going in August you may find a better deal than POR. We are staying at Beach Club -booked the Labor Day deal thru Magical Vacations. It priced out cheaper than staying at POR. However that deal is only good at the end of August (after the 20th or so).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter