Cheapest place to stay for one person?

SRRIVERS22

Earning My Ears
I would love to go on a solo trip to WDW and im wondering where all you solos stay for a week?

If I'm going for cheapest on-property then definitely the All-Star resorts. I prefer Movies out of the 3.

If you don't care about on-property then it's possible to find places nearby that are a little cheaper, though I have found that once you add on resort fees and parking that most other places charge, it's basically the same to stay at Disney. You might get a slightly nicer room at an off-property place though. So it just depends on what's more important to you.

I always prefer to stay in the Disney bubble as much as possible.

I would love to go on a solo trip to WDW and im wondering where all you solos stay for a week?

When I solo I stay at Pop. I usually solo at the last minute and have found some really great last minute deals. It has been as low as under $100 per night with taxes and fees included. It is very basic but it suits my needs and I get to say hey to the giant Mickey phone!
If I were not a Florida resident and didn't come often I would stay at Riverside. It's moderately priced and has really nice theming. There is a nice little boat that will take you to Disney Springs and Yehaa Bob performs there a few times a week. My daughter and I are working our way through the resorts and we are more than half way there. Pop is our favorite budget resort and Riverside is our favorite moderate. I was encouraged through these boards to go solo about a year and a half ago when I couldn't convince anyone to come with me and I wish I'd started sooner. Solo Disney is amazing!!

I'm married but DH isn't a WDW fan so I try to watch expenses pretty carefully on solo trips. I travel during the slower times, usually early September and early February.

Onsite-Pop (usually in the $90-95/night range)

Offsite-condo booked through SkyAuction (around $300-400/week)

The condo trips are always significantly cheaper since I tend to brownbag it or do a lot of meals in. I have an AP which gives me free parking. I do use the public transportation as well, especially during Food and Wine :drinking1

I go solo at least once a year, my honey doesn't like to travel and my son can only go during his college spring breaks. I tend to do split stays. I'll stay a night or two at a value or moderate then move over to a deluxe or the Swan/Dolphin for the rest of the stay. Not as cheap as it could be but with some patience and a whole of lot of internet time, I can usually come up with a pretty inexpensive trip.

My last 2 solo trips I stayed at Pop. I did one stay at Coronado Springs, but decided to go cheaper after that. I don't rent a car on my solo trips so stay onsite for the transportation. I try to avoid weekends as the prices are higher.

If you have a car, then I would recommend looking at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek or the Hilton Bonnet Creek. There are often some great deals on Priceline. The Hotel Plaza properties are another good choice. If you don't have a car and want to spend some time at your resort, then Port Orleans (any section) or Coronado Springs will be good choices. If you want to be on the go, just sleeping in you resort, I would stay at Pop Century.

Last edited:

I go solo at least once a year, my honey doesn't like to travel and my son can only go during his college spring breaks. I tend to do split stays. I'll stay a night or two at a value or moderate then move over to a deluxe or the Swan/Dolphin for the rest of the stay. Not as cheap as it could be but with some patience and a whole of lot of internet time, I can usually come up with a pretty inexpensive trip.
What's the trick with split stays, I can't afford to stay at a deluxe but maybe a day or two would be nice.

I like the All Star Movies best then Music, not a sports fan. Stayed at POR once but found it was big and you had to walk to get to the main hall to use my mug. Plus sometimes the buses were full by the time it made the loop to the stop close to my building. We stayed in the mansions.

Staying solo I would do All Stars in a preferred room just for the convenience of being close to the bus stop and main hall, plus feel more comfortable staying close to the action, as a female, walking alone late at night makes me nervous, I know Disney is safe but there are lots of loonies out there.

I love split stays! I've done them almost every trip. I usually just check out prices and see where I can get the best deal with a mod or deluxe, do as many nights there as I can, and then add on a few value nights to the beginning (because it's not that fun to go from deluxe straight to value...haha).

I always have driven on my trips so it's easy to check out from one, go do whatever and arrive at the next when I can. If you don't have a car though, it's easy to have Disney send your luggage to the next resort for you and they will keep it at bell services for you.

I love split stays! I've done them almost every trip. I usually just check out prices and see where I can get the best deal with a mod or deluxe, do as many nights there as I can, and then add on a few value nights to the beginning (because it's not that fun to go from deluxe straight to value...haha).

I always have driven on my trips so it's easy to check out from one, go do whatever and arrive at the next when I can. If you don't have a car though, it's easy to have Disney send your luggage to the next resort for you and they will keep it at bell services for you.
Thanks for the tips, I am flying in from Canada but I'm sure I can take my luggage with me on the bus town other resort, just means taking two buses that's all, and being solo trip, how much luggage can one have? Lol

For a cheap solo trip, I just stay at the cheapest All-Star or Pop, use DME for airport transportation, and bring breakfast food in my suitcase! However - my solo trips are usually 4-5 days max, not a week. Friday and Saturday nights cost more money on-site, so I tend to arrive on a Sunday and leave Wed or Thursday.

If I was going to stay 7-9 days - I like more features in my room and at the resort for that length of time. My first choice would be to rent points for a DVC studio - I like the microwave addition and I do like pool slides - so if staying longer - those amenities would get used by me. Plus, the bed is usually better.

While I like the mods - they don't make sense for me as a solo as they cost more - but don't really add that much more - especially because a cheap point rental for a DVC studio can run about the same.

Maybe some day after I win the lottery I'll stay at a deluxe solo - but honestly, for now - based on my income and "wants/needs" in a hotel room - they don't make sense for me when traveling solo.

I also say All Stars Movies. I personally prefer the moderates (love Caribbean Beach)
but I know you asked for the cheapest place to stay.

What's the trick with split stays, I can't afford to stay at a deluxe but maybe a day or two would be nice.

It is two separate bookings, WDW does recognize the term so you have book them separate. I drive so it's easy enough for me to pack two bags but packing cubes are your friend if you are flying. Put your first leg of the trip in a cube and just pull that out of your suitcase. Put everything back in it and shift it to the bottom of your suitcase with the next leg on top. I also swear by hanging toiletry bags, just pull them out of your suitcase and hang it on the back of the bathroom door and put everything back in as you use it, thus reducing clutter on bathroom cabinets. Make sure you check out of resort #1 when you move, I just call down right before I leave the room and check into resort #2, on line check in is fine. You will get two magic bands but you can refuse one when it comes time to customize them if you don't want it. They are interchangeable and both will work at both resorts as long as they are linked on MDE.

For lower cost stay on a solo trip I like any of the values. offsite there will be some hotel fees and you have less transportation flexibility to/from disney which can get in the way of being solo and how that works out. if you go the rent a car route, you just added cost you could avoid and now your looking at parking fees hotel and disney so it's kind of a price wash to just stay at a value.

While I like the mods - they don't make sense for me as a solo as they cost more - but don't really add that much more - especially because a cheap point rental for a DVC studio can run about the same.

Maybe some day after I win the lottery I'll stay at a deluxe solo - but honestly, for now - based on my income and "wants/needs" in a hotel room - they don't make sense for me when traveling solo.

Agreed, i was looking recently at value vs mod for solo trip and we are talking $500-800 more for the mod...well to me that is A LOT of shopping and souvenirs for me so I will be going with Value, but may do a day or two at a deluxe for a treat for me.

I'm going solo and I did DVC through David's and I ended up at Old Key West in a studio for just a bit more than one of the values. I was hoping for either Board Walk or Animal Kingdom but I could not get those for when I am traveling.

Last edited:
Pop. Just a preference. Usually all the values are the same price or within $10. I up it to preferred because I like to be close to transport/ food court.

I really like Pop Century for solo trips myself. It's just a tad more expensive than the All Star Resorts (we're usually talking only $10-20/night whenever I do the research for my stays) and I've found there are somewhat fewer kids running around like crazy. (Or it could be that it's just a little more spread out, so it feels like less kids). I've stayed off property a few times too, but by the time you figure in parking, the hassle of driving to the parks, safety, etc... it's just a little more cost effective to stay on property.

If you do decide to stay off property, read reviews from MULTIPLE travel sites on the hotel you choose. I stayed at a Best Western in Orlando a few months ago that was supposed to be somewhat nice, newly renovated, convenient, etc. Ended up being the worst place I've stayed in years - lots of things in the room were broken, it was musty, the pillows were awful, and I was terrified the last two nights because I heard shouting and gunshots out of the restaurant parking lot next door. It was my mistake for jumping on a good rate and not fully researching the reviews like I normally would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter