• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap things to do around Gulf Shores

happymom2one

Mouseketeer
Hello! I was hoping to get some ideas on cheap things to do around Gulf Shores for kids. We need to get out at least once a day because my husband gets stir crazy being at the beach all day! I don't really want to go to the Zoo......

Also, is there any must have restaurants you have been to? We have been down there once but always like to try new places. Our must stop locations are LuLu's and the shrimp basket.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

It depends on what you consider cheap and what you like doing.

Fort Morgan is down there: http://fort-morgan.org/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...onal_Wildlife_Refuge-Gulf_Shores_Alabama.html

Foley is just north of Gulf Shores and has an outlet center. Lambert's is famous for their "throwed rolls" though I will warn you that Lambert's only accepts cash and checks. No debit/credit cards accepted. We usually hit up either Zaxby's (fast food chicken but really good salads) or Mellow Mushroom (pizza joint) when we're over that way. But it's only 45 minutes from home.

We are regular visitors to Gulf Shores as my parents have a place there. Some of our favorite restaurants are: Original Oyster House, Desoto's, Baumhowers (at the Wharf) and Mikee's. If you don't mind the drive, go over to Pensacola (about 45 minutes) and visit the Naval Museum. It is free and a fabulous place! Look online and see when the Blue Angels are practicing. If they are, try to go that day and watch the practice. The pilots usually come into the museum after the practice to meet everyone. Our kids have always loved the dolphin cruises. You can usually find a coupon / deal for one or more of them. There is usually coupons in the area magazines that are outside grocery, restaurants, stores, chamber of commerce. We usually ride the Ferris Wheel at the Wharf for free with the coupon in these books. Hope you all have a great time!

Our favorite restaurants are Docs Seafood and The Tin Roof. We are beach people, but if we have a dreary weather day we always go to Fairhope and shop on their little Main Street area.

We are regular visitors to Gulf Shores as my parents have a place there. Some of our favorite restaurants are: Original Oyster House, Desoto's, Baumhowers (at the Wharf) and Mikee's. If you don't mind the drive, go over to Pensacola (about 45 minutes) and visit the Naval Museum. It is free and a fabulous place! Look online and see when the Blue Angels are practicing. If they are, try to go that day and watch the practice. The pilots usually come into the museum after the practice to meet everyone. Our kids have always loved the dolphin cruises. You can usually find a coupon / deal for one or more of them. There is usually coupons in the area magazines that are outside grocery, restaurants, stores, chamber of commerce. We usually ride the Ferris Wheel at the Wharf for free with the coupon in these books. Hope you all have a great time!

which dolphin cruise company do you like? The first time was not a very good experience and also we didn't see any dolphins.

Interesting. Never heard of this. Have you been? worth the trip? we are actually staying in orange beach
No I haven't been just seems interesting and different. I live on the opposite side of Mobile Bay(about 2 hrs) from OB, I'd like to take the family to it sometime. I drive to OB and gulf shores twice a week with deliveries, I might have to swing by and check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter