• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap breakfast ideas for in room before park?

Looks like you have gotten some great ideas here. There is not much to add. If you need a breakfast/snack to go you can get some trail mix type packets. And I just came home with "sesame honey almonds" from Trader Joe's and they look like they would be a great way to get kids to eat almonds :)

I tried this and it worked :) I used one egg on a small Dixie paper plate, broke the yellow then microwaved 1 min. While I was fixing the egg I toasted the bread put a slice of cheese then egg on toast. Yum :)

I'd stay away from anything that takes you to the food court, such as anything that needs microwaving or toasting. Once the kids see the FC you'll have a hard time getting them out of it. Now if Mom or Dad goes over to do the food court business and leaves the kids in the room that would work.

When we have done breakfast in a "regular" (one without a kitchen/kitchenette) we usually bring cereal, milk (we request a fridge if it's not the norm in the room), bagels, cream cheese, string cheese, yogurt. I like having granola bars as a snack. Those gogurts are probably good to have too. Paper bowls, plastic utensils, to go cups and you should be all set.

Poptarts are nice because they are portable and need no refrigeration.

I like bagels but cream cheese needs to be kept cold.

Muffins are also grab and go.

We stayed in a family suite in AoA, so we had a good size fridge and a microwave. Or breakfasts were made up for a mix of:
milk/juice
breakfast bars (Nutri Grain style)
cereal
oatmeal
yogurt
peanut butter on waffles
Lara bars

Another favorite of mine: When in Epcot, stop by the bakery in France for croissants for the next day. Have them double bag them, or put them in a plastic bag with a paper towel over night so they don't get stale. One of my favorite Disney breakfasts!

Bagels and Peanut Butter.

Neither needs to be kept cold. And they are filling until lunch rolls around.

I did this last time and was happy to save some money at breakfast.

We just got back this week. I brought two small Rubbermaid bins of food in our checked bags and we had breakfast in the room/on the way to the bus stop every morning.

We had:

Instant oatmeal (used coffee maker for hot water and packed paper bowls/plastic spoons)
Tortillas with banana and peanut butter
Carnation instant breakfast (the premixed kind in the bottles)
Juice boxes
Protein bars
Granola bars
Mini boxes of cereal
Mini muffins

It worked great, and the hubby and I are planning on doing it again for our kid-free trip later this year. But we will probably only bring the oatmeal, carnation drinks, and protein bars, because only the kids ate the other stuff. I might also bring some dried fruit as well.

Has anyone even frozen lunch meat and took that with them? I'm thinking that since we can't take the gel packs to keep our food cold I could possible freeze some deli lunch meat and then pack that in a refrigerated lunch bag with a pack of some cheese sticks and maybe a small tub of cream cheese. Do you think this would work? I'd place it in our carry on bag and have it fly with us.

Has anyone even frozen lunch meat and took that with them? I'm thinking that since we can't take the gel packs to keep our food cold I could possible freeze some deli lunch meat and then pack that in a refrigerated lunch bag with a pack of some cheese sticks and maybe a small tub of cream cheese. Do you think this would work? I'd place it in our carry on bag and have it fly with us.
The cheese sticks should be OK, the cream cheese will not be OK (peanut butter is not) and I'm not sure about the lunch meat. I don't freeze lunch meat so I don't know how fast it thaws but I suspect it would keep cold in a big block, but that might also look suspicious to the TSA and you might lose it :confused3. If your budget is that tight, I don't think it's worth the chance of having a couple pounds of meat seized. Maybe you can pay for one checked bag?

We do the frozen breakfast sandwiches and frozen waffles and cook them in the food court.

I was under the impression that the microwaves in the food court are for paying customers of the food court! Same would apply for any condiments or paper or plastic products such as cutlery, napkins or cups.

No wonder they keep raising prices!

Condiments and such are supposed to be for paying customers of the food court but the microwaves are available for anyone staying at the resort. We have been told this many times by CMs at all the resorts we have stayed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter