Chastized by CM Over Magic Bands - You have got to be kidding me!!!!

Mother Gothel

Mouseketeer
I called to ask something about my reservation. The conversation and tone on my part was soft. This is how it went down.

......questions about my reservation first and then.......

CM: Did you get your magic bands?
Me: Yes we did.
CM: Did you make your FP reservations.
Me: Yes ma'am I did.
CM: Aren't you excited about the changes and using them? (in a very hyper voice)
Me: Honestly, I'm not. But it will be okay as I will be in Disney.
CM: What's the problem? (tone came out)
Me: Excuse me?
CM: (realizing her tone and trying to soften her words) What is the problem with using the bands?
Me: This is my 3rd trip to Disney since FP+ and the magic bands. I am not too thrilled with FP+.
CM: Hmm. That is the first anybody has said that. (attitude came back)
Me: Well, I know others are unhappy about it as well. Time will tell how it all works out.
CM: Have you been interviewing people in the park about it to know they are unhappy?
Me: No, but I read comments on message boards and I have heard the complaints from people in the parks.
CM: Why do people have such an issue with them?
Me: I think it is mostly the uncertainty or the processes from day to day, the limitation on the number of passes you can have a day and people are not enjoying having to pretty much book their entire trip months before they arrive.

................this is where is gets ugly..............

CM: Well, let me tell you something. If you are reading the (she named 2 message boards) that is a breeding ground for negativity. Most of the information there is incorrect. If it doesn't come from a cast member than it is not factual, right?
Me: No ma'am, I do not agree with that. These are real guests and their real experiences. Some people may be exaggerating but I doubt everybody is.
CM: Well, if it were not for technology than you would not be able to read the message boards on the internet right? So it is also technology that is making all of these changes possible so that you have a more simplified vacation. Right?
Me: We are just going to have to agree to disagree and that is okay.
CM: Well, the good thing is that there are other places you can vacation and you don't have to keep coming to Disney if you don't like the processes. Alternately you don't have to book your FPs before your trip. You have the option to wait in long lines like anybody else.
Me: Thank you for your time, xxxxxxxx.
CM: Any other issues you want to vent about?
Me: No thank you xxxxxx. This conversation has become unpleasant and unprofessional. I hope your day gets better.
CM: (hung up on me - I went into the phone survey)

I don't think phone cm's have any idea what is going on in the real world.

Maybe the whole FP+ thing was her idea. LOL. Seriously though - sorry you had to deal with that

Should have asked her if she has actually used them herself. I bet she hasn't even tried them and is just doing the Disney shtick with a bad attitude.

Pretty, pretty please report that to Disney - ASAP. They should be able to pull the audio (easily, since I am sure they have reference to which CMs have been in your reservation.)

You might consider calling reservations back, and as soon as you reach a live person, ask for a supervisor. You can let the answering CM know you want to speak to a supervisor regarding a previous call (so they don't think you are mad at them!)

Unreal!

I would have asked to speak to a supervisor. I can't see any CM keeping their job telling guests to go somewhere else for vacation.

This CM doesn't listen and that's very obvious. I'm not a fan of fastpass plus myself, right now. Maybe, when it's the final product I will change my mind. My biggest complaint is that it takes away any spontaneity at the parks. Everything is so regimented, now. I don't want to be a master planner on vacation; it's vacation. This CM is living in utopia; get real.

Anyway, last week Disney fired 2 vice-presidents from their IT department. Something tells me this is related to all the new changes. This could end up being a disaster for Disney. Another website discovered a serious glitch with fastpass plus. Outsiders are making Disney look silly right now. The misusers of the new system aren't helping matters, either.

I can't even imagine what offsite guests are thinking about all of this. Then, add the population who are without smart devices to access it all.

If this is going to work overall, I have a feeling Disney will be pouring many more dollars into it than what their original budget is for it, now.

Nice. Did she list the Dis as one of those negative message boards? The official Disney Blog would be totally negative if they didn't delete all the posts they consider harmful to their reputation.

I hope this whole thing donkey kicks them square in the mouth. But it was nice of her to suggest you could vacation at other places. :thumbsup2

Wow...wonder how Disney would feel knowing one of their CMs was telling you to vacation somewhere else, lol.

Just from how you type her "tone" it sounds to me like she's been hearing a lot of negativity about the FP+....she sure got defensive quickly.

I agree with the others, call back and let someone know. She obviously needs to take a break from talking with guests about FP+, lol.

Definitely a bad apple. She was way off script.

It will be a long time before I plan my next trip, that's for sure. Unless the FP+ system is more in tune with where my family needs it to be we will indeed be spending our vacation dollars somewhere other than Disney World.

It's curious I haven't gotten a post-trip MB tester survey yet! I can't wait for that one!!

I don't think phone cm's have any idea what is going on in the real world.

Of course the problem is that the call center employees are probably not even in Florida and might never have been to the parks.

(then again the ones who are in FL and go to the parks often shouldn't help with transportation questions...I was making DME reservations on the phone and said I was coming in on one airline and out on another, and he denied that I could do that...he obviously hadn't flown since before 9/11, when it was harder to do that (or at the very least it wasn't a savings) and he was just confused.)

Anyway, last week Disney fired 2 vice-presidents from their IT department.

Wow. How do people find out about these thing?

Just from how you type her "tone" it sounds to me like she's been hearing a lot of negativity about the FP+....she sure got defensive quickly.

She needs to stop asking if guests are excited about it then......

For everyone wondering if the OP reported it, her last line was " CM: (hung up on me - I went into the phone survey) ". I imagine she used the survey for its purpose. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter