Charging stations in the parks?

Kristineamb

Disney Diva & Pop Tart
Is there a designated spot in the parks (DL & CA) to charge cell phones, cameras, etc?

If not, where would be my best chance to find an outlet????

They have charging lockers still in DL I believe. They are located with the regular lockers on Main Street. Last time I used them it was $2 an hour.

Officially only the charging lockers at Main Street. They're $2 an hour.

Other than that you can find lists of unofficial outlet locations. I don't know if you're necessarily allowed to use them, but being discreet helps.

Mostly, a battery-based charging system would be recommended. They can slip into a backpack or purse and be used when you're running low.

if you sit on the patio at Cafe Orleans they have a couple plug ins available. My wife used one while we were there.

I have a portable charger for my iphone. I keep it in my purse and when my phone gets low I just charge it up!! They are relativley inexpensive online!

Just a thought for you!

I have a portable charger for my iphone. I keep it in my purse and when my phone gets low I just charge it up!! They are relativley inexpensive online!

Just a thought for you!

May I ask more about this? I have seen these for sale online. They usually list an amount of power that they hold, but I have no context for how much charge that will give. do you know the capacity of yours and how much charge you get out of it?

They have charging lockers still in DL I believe. They are located with the regular lockers on Main Street. Last time I used them it was $2 an hour.
Thanks for the information! $2 seems reasonable although might be inconvenient.
:thumbsup2
Other than that you can find lists of unofficial outlet locations. I don't know if you're necessarily allowed to use them, but being discreet helps.
Any idea how I could get my hands on one of these lists?!?!?
:scratchin

if you sit on the patio at Cafe Orleans they have a couple plug ins available. My wife used one while we were there.
DS actually wants to eat @Cafe Orleans so that might work for us!
:cool2:
Just a thought for you!
I did look online for a portable charger but they either had negative reviews or were very expensive. I have an IPhone4S. Can you recommend what brand you have?
:flower3:
:disrocks:

May I ask more about this? I have seen these for sale online. They usually list an amount of power that they hold, but I have no context for how much charge that will give. do you know the capacity of yours and how much charge you get out of it?

The one I had for my iphone 4 would charge it up about 75%. I just ordered a new one (from NoMoreRack, great prices) because I just got the 5, so not sure how much that will do, but it actually comes with two of them, so I will keep them both charged up and in my purse. It makes a huge difference!

I use my phone to take pictures and it drains fairly fast. Having the extra charger really helped! We always go back for a break too, so I can recharge everything at the hotel.

I hope this helps!

I did look online for a portable charger but they either had negative reviews or were very expensive. I have an IPhone4S. Can you recommend what brand you have?
:flower3:
:disrocks:

I don't know the brand of the one I had for my iphone4, but I got it at Target and it was $30. I just ordered two new ones for my 5 from NoMoreRack for only $18!

We just bought one that will charge a phone 4 to 6 times and the iPad 2 to 3 times. For$40, not too bad, we will use it for hurricane time too.

We just bought one that will charge a phone 4 to 6 times and the iPad 2 to 3 times. For$40, not too bad, we will use it for hurricane time too.

I would love to know exactly which one you have. My husband often doesn't have access to charging for a few days when he is working.

Here's where I found a list of unofficial outlets. It's kind of random, and it's recommended that someone ask a CM first if it's OK to use an outlet.

http://mousewait.com/blog/?tag=charging-stations

As for a portable power supply, I use a Burro Mobile Charger. It uses 4 AA batteries, and I might have as many as two spare sets of rechargeables on hand if it's going to be a long day. It can be tricky to use, but I like that I can keep multiple sets of batteries instead of having to charge it up every time. In a pinch I could also use alkalines or zinc batteries. It's small enough that I can stuff both an iPhone 4S, the power supply, and the cable in my front pocket with my wallet. It's really just a generic USB supply, so you'll need a charging cable that plugs from USB-A to the device.

http://www.amazon.com/Burro-Mobile-Charger-AA-Powered-Building/dp/B0078E2MZW

Any kind of battery-powered supply is going to work longer if you actually use it straight up while your device battery is already fully charged, compared to using it to charge up your device battery when it's low. Battery charging is never 100% efficient.

What is the procedure at the charging stations? What happens if someone gets stuck in line somewhere and can't make it back when the hour is up? Is there high demand for these stations, making it difficult to buy a session?

What is the procedure at the charging stations? What happens if someone gets stuck in line somewhere and can't make it back when the hour is up? Is there high demand for these stations, making it difficult to buy a session?

They're lockers. I'm pretty sure it's like a parking garage. You're still paying until you unlock it and release. Probably if it goes a second over each hour you're paying another $2.

As mentioned, they are lockers. Do a google image search for "Disneyland charging lockers" and you'll see them.

What is the procedure to use a charging locker? How do you pay? Is there an attendant? Cash? Credit?
:confused3

I may have overlooked someone mentioning this because I just quickly skimmed down the first page of posts, but the photo/camera shop on Main Street will charge many camera batteries for free. Not phones, but actual camera batteries. They even have some chargers there on the premises but if you bring your own for them to use, even better.

Last November I headed to DLR for the first day of the holiday season and I knew I would be taking an enormous quantity of pictures in short spurts of time, thus draining my battery (rapidly). Sure enough, that's exactly what happened! I had a back-up battery but I needed to re-charge the first one. I first asked a CM in Cars Land where I could charge my camera battery. She advised that I go to the lockers (which I know were previously mentioned in this thread).

I was going to get a charging locker per the CM's instructions, but on a whim I stopped in the camera/photo shop on Main Street to ask if they, by any chance, could charge my camera's battery. The CM at the front desk happily agreed. I handed her my charger (even though she said they had a charger in the back that would accommodate my battery), and off I went to get ice cream! The CM got my name and phone number in case she had to call me to remind me that I left the battery and charger there.

After a while passed with no phone call, I decided to check back in and see if my battery was charged. It was. I asked the CM how much I owed and she said it was free (which was shocking in the wake of my ordeal trying to get my battery charged on Catalina Island the previous July, which cost $5 and inexplicably took hours to accomplish)!!!!! I never expected to hear the word "free" at Disneyland!:rotfl2:

I asked the Main Street CM why the Cars Land CM told me I had to get a locker and she said that she obviously must have misunderstood and thought I was referring to my phone, which would have to be charged in a locker. If I recall correctly, I think the Main Street CM also said that at one point, long, long ago, the camera/photo shop may have charged phones too, but they don't do it now because they don't want that responsibility (whatever that means).

In any case, if you have a regular camera battery and not a phone, try getting it charged on Main Street and it will likely be free (and fairly fast)! But, as others have mentioned, the phones have to go in the lockers.

I may have overlooked someone mentioning this because I just quickly skimmed down the first page of posts, but the photo/camera shop on Main Street will charge many camera batteries for free. Not phones, but actual camera batteries. They even have some chargers there on the premises but if you bring your own for them to use, even better.

Last November I headed to DLR for the first day of the holiday season and I knew I would be taking an enormous quantity of pictures in short spurts of time, thus draining my battery (rapidly). Sure enough, that's exactly what happened! I had a back-up battery but I needed to re-charge the first one. I first asked a CM in Cars Land where I could charge my camera battery. She advised that I go to the lockers (which I know were previously mentioned in this thread).

I was going to get a charging locker per the CM's instructions, but on a whim I stopped in the camera/photo shop on Main Street to ask if they, by any chance, could charge my camera's battery. The CM at the front desk happily agreed. I handed her my charger (even though she said they had a charger in the back that would accommodate my battery), and off I went to get ice cream! The CM got my name and phone number in case she had to call me to remind me that I left the battery and charger there.

After a while passed with no phone call, I decided to check back in and see if my battery was charged. It was. I asked the CM how much I owed and she said it was free (which was shocking in the wake of my ordeal trying to get my battery charged on Catalina Island the previous July, which cost $5 and inexplicably took hours to accomplish)!!!!! I never expected to hear the word "free" at Disneyland!:rotfl2:

I asked the Main Street CM why the Cars Land CM told me I had to get a locker and she said that she obviously must have misunderstood and thought I was referring to my phone, which would have to be charged in a locker. If I recall correctly, I think the Main Street CM also said that at one point, long, long ago, the camera/photo shop may have charged phones too, but they don't do it now because they don't want that responsibility (whatever that means).

In any case, if you have a regular camera battery and not a phone, try getting it charged on Main Street and it will likely be free (and fairly fast)! But, as others have mentioned, the phones have to go in the lockers.

This is great to know! I plan on taking photos of everything and plan on bringing one fully charged spare battery and my charger. I don't use my phone enough to need to charge it, but my camera is something else. This is awesome, thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter