Charged incorrectly for upgrade to APs?

OH yes, now I see that. I was reading the posts in reverse order, I guess.

Anyway, I still would like to know if the discounted ticket that was upgraded was a current year or purchased in prior years. -- as this seemed to be the main point the CM was telling me.....that I could not bridge discounted tickets that were not purchased in the current year.

It does not matter when you bought a discounted ticket.
As long as it is a Magic Your Way ticket, it can be price-bridged to the current gate price for a brand new ticket with the same assets, once your ticket has been used to go into a theme park at least once.

VLee said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo

Stinky_Pete just posted his results this morning-

OH yes, now I see that. I was reading the posts in reverse order, I guess.

Anyway, I still would like to know if the discounted ticket that was upgraded was a current year or purchased in prior years. -- as this seemed to be the main point the CM was telling me.....that I could not bridge discounted tickets that were not purchased in the current year.

StinkyPete said that he purchased it over a year and a half ago.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Thanks, I also see that now....guess my brain is fried--too close to Christmas.

Anyway, I am glad to have this confirmed, as this is exactly what I had politely argued with the CM who told me he could not bridge my two-year old discounted ticket (which of course had just been used that day for the first time to enter the park).

He was insistent on that he could only bridge current year discounted tickets; in the end, he did me a giant one-time favor by granting an exception and giving me the current price.

One main concern is that I have other UCT tickets that I plan to use for upgrades in the future (provided the policy stays the same, of coure.)

It amazes me that CMs, for whatever reason, aren't trained "ticket equals current gate value, no exceptions" because that's what it is, no?

You could show up with 1982 Epcot tickets and they give you full current gate value for those (except it cant get into DHS or AK).

So what on earth are they thinking not giving you full ticket value with tickets purchased elsewhere?

Thanks, I also see that now....guess my brain is fried--too close to Christmas.

Anyway, I am glad to have this confirmed, as this is exactly what I had politely argued with the CM who told me he could not bridge my two-year old discounted ticket (which of course had just been used that day for the first time to enter the park).

He was insistent on that he could only bridge current year discounted tickets; in the end, he did me a giant one-time favor by granting an exception and giving me the current price.

One main concern is that I have other UCT tickets that I plan to use for upgrades in the future (provided the policy stays the same, of coure.)

The thing that concerns me about your situation, was that I believe you said the CM wanted to give you credit for what you paid for the ticket. I still wonder how he knew how $ much you paid to UT. I thought they only knew how much $ UT paid to Disney for a particular ticket.:confused3

It amazes me that CMs, for whatever reason, aren't trained

1- "ticket equals current gate value, no exceptions" because that's what it is, no?

2- You could show up with 1982 Epcot tickets and they give you full current gate value for those

3- (except it cant get into DHS or AK).

4- So what on earth are they thinking not giving you full ticket value with tickets purchased elsewhere?

Can't tell if you're serious, but for those who don't know...

1- No.

2- Nope.

3- That's not accurate, either. There are currently no restrictions on
entry to any of the theme parks using a still-valid older theme park ticket,
regardless of if those parks were yet built and open
on the date of the original sale of an old ticket.

Older (pre-MYW) tickets are NOT bridged and are not given full
gate value in an upgrade because they are not upgradable at all.
However, purchased but never-used pre-MYW tickets CAN be traded-in for cash value,
but that value is what the guest paid for those tickets back when they were first purchased.

4- MYW tickets purchased from authorized discounters are "regular" Disney tickets.
Disney wholesales them to the authorized discounters.
The authorized discounters retail them to the public.
All to Disney-established rules.

One of those rules is that Disney allows the public to keep the "discount"
that they allowed in the first place when upgrading those tickets.

Can't tell if you're serious, but for those who don't know...

1- No.

2- Nope.

3- That's not accurate, either. There are currently no restrictions on
entry to any of the theme parks using a still-valid older theme park ticket,
regardless of if those parks were yet built and open
on the date of the original sale of an old ticket.

Older (pre-MYW) tickets are NOT bridged and are not given full
gate value in an upgrade because they are not upgradable at all.
However, purchased but never-used pre-MYW tickets CAN be traded-in for cash value,
but that value is what the guest paid for those tickets back when they were first purchased.

4- MYW tickets purchased from authorized discounters are "regular" Disney tickets.
Disney wholesales them to the authorized discounters.
The authorized discounters retail them to the public.
All to Disney-established rules.

One of those rules is that Disney allows the public to keep the "discount"
that they allowed in the first place when upgrading those tickets.

How, pray tell, do they know how much a guest paid for a 1982 Epcot and Magic Kingdom park hopper ticket?

The tickets are all identical and they WERE NOT all sold for the same price.

And for example:

epcot_opening_ticket_front.jpg

Epcot Commemorative tickets are ALL 3 day tickets, despite the tickets not saying it anywhere on the ticket.

mousermerf said:
How, pray tell, do they know how much a guest paid for a 1982 Epcot and Magic Kingdom park hopper ticket?

The tickets are all identical and they WERE NOT all sold for the same price.

They can't be upgraded so it doesn't matter.

Maybe they are collecting data for Disney. Remember the "terrible" CMs that informed ppl of FPs or ADR changes? Looking back, seems like they were right. Doesn't excuse the lack of service but...

FP and ADR have no place in this discussion. :offtopic:

We have a very informative CM on this board, who works in ticketing, telling us Disney policy on the topic.

Doesn't get much clearer than that. :thumbsup2

FP and ADR have no place in this discussion. :offtopic:

We have a very informative CM on this board, who works in ticketing, telling us Disney policy on the topic.

Doesn't get much clearer than that. :thumbsup2

Great answer! I was sitting here shaking my head about how the PP came up with "collecting data" and FP & ADR comparisons.:confused3

Sadly, "bridge" is no magic word to get the correct procedure or price.

It happened to be in your particular case with that particular CM (and congrats to you for that!) but there have been many stories on the boards of guests asking for "bridging" then, finding the CM staring blankly in response, and not doing the correct price/procedure even then.

The only guarantor is a guest knowing exactly what the proper upgrade price should be (after a ticket is used at least one time to enter a park) and not accepting the word of an uninformed (or worse) ticket CM, but insisting on the correct deal and/or taking the transaction to another CM to get the proper price.

::yes:: When I had my issue, the CM looked at me like I had three heads and finally asked what bridging meant. That was when the "expert" CM came over and said he knew but doing it with a UCT ticket was against policy. I wanted to just scream, "don't you read the disboard"??? :rotfl2: Of course I didn't except silently in my head before I smiled and just said I would take care of it later.

Well... checked my credit card for the $161 credit that should have been there.... um.... instead, they CHARGED me $161!!!! So now am owed $161... TWICE. yeah, kinda fuming here at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... checked my credit card for the $161 credit that should have been there.... um.... instead, they CHARGED me $161!!!! So now am owed $161... TWICE. yeah, kinda fuming here at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!
Sorry.

Maybe this is just a part of a new "DisneyCharge PLUS" that will be
implemented along with the new "FastPass PLUS" system pending its debut at WDW.
(This is only a JOKE, btw.)

Seriously, I hope that you can get this over-charge thing fixed without much more hassle and delay.
Anyone can make a mistake, but the compound errors by CM's that you've experienced are very unfortunate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter