Character meal recommendations similar to Chef Mickeys??

jodim

Mouseketeer
We are WDW vets and planning our first trip to DL. We are going with good friends and their 2 children, and it’s their first ever trip to Disney (woohoo!).

My kiddos are more excited for her boys to go than themselves I think and said we must do chef mickeys with them. Is there anything similar that have the fave 5 characters? Or close to it?
If not, what’s the best character meal at DL or DCA?

Our girl is 18, the rest are all boys so we don’t need anything princess related.

There is currently 1 character meal available at Disneyland and another that is supposed to be available in 2 weeks. I say supposed to be because some in other threads that want to do it haven't seen ADRs become available yet.

The one back for sure is Storytellers Mickey's tales of adventure breakfast at the Grand California Hotel:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/character-breakfast-storytellers-cafe-review/
The other is Breakfast in the Park with Minnie and friends at The Plaza Inn in the Disneyland park:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/minnie-character-breakfast-plaza-inn-review/

Each of the reviews should include which characters used to be there. Not sure if all are still there after reopening from the pandemic shutdown, though I'll be at Storytellers next week and can provide more details after if no one else has additional information.

If Goofys Kitchen was back open, that would be the best bet. But I haven’t seen anything yet about when it might open up again.

Of note is the description of the Storyteller’s breakfast where it says “wave to Mickey &
friends.” I haven’t seen any reviews of the new experience but it sounds like there still won’t be much direct contact with the characters.

Minnie’s at the Plaza Inn has always been our favorite so we’re watching for that one carefully!

If Goofys Kitchen was back open, that would be the best bet. But I haven’t seen anything yet about when it might open up again.

Of note is the description of the Storyteller’s breakfast where it says “wave to Mickey &
friends.” I haven’t seen any reviews of the new experience but it sounds like there still won’t be much direct contact with the characters.

Minnie’s at the Plaza Inn has always been our favorite so we’re watching for that one carefully!
Agreed. In normal times, Minnie's at the Plaza character dining in Disneyland Park is our single favorite Disney character dining experience of any Disney Park (and we are long time WDW people). Hard to beat that one for sheer number of characters and their interaction (again, under what was normal conditions of the pre-covid era).

I second Minnie's at the Plaza once it reopens and they can visit tables again. It's hands down the best character dining experience I've ever had. The food was meh (Has anyone ever had a fantastic Disney breakfast?), but the characters (Hook!!!, MAX!!!, Ferry Godmother!!!, Minnie, Chip & Dale, Rafiki, etc.) were amazing. They practically ate breakfast with us. Captain Hook was particularly fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter