• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meal photos

LIPeter

Mouseketeer
I booked a few character meals in Sept, but I will be going solo. I would like pictures of me and the characters together, but I know there are no CMs there to take pictures. So, should I ask the people sitting near me if they could take them? I don't want to a pest and bother people. Opinions?

Where are your character breakfasts? We've had servers take our picture. And my teenage daughter always offers to take people's pictures. So I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting pictures. Plus if it's in your budget get the memory maker. Lots of fun!

i would recommend asking another table of adults, the server, or selfies?

When I did Akershus with my dd it was a little chaotic for us, watching for the next princess and trying to get dd to eat some of her expensive meal in between table visits.

Maybe ask your question on the travelling solo board too- probably great advice there!

Have a fun trip!

Most of the time, the characters have another cast member (I call them "handlers") with them who will be more than happy to take pics.

Never had a problem with the full costume characters (Pooh, Mickey, etc.) as I know those have a handler with them. Or a server has hovered close by to take pictures - some families want shots with the whole family and not just the kids too.

I don't know if face characters have handlers - I think a large part of the reason the full costume ones do is to help them avoid collisions as their range of vision is limited, and that reason doesn't exist for face characters. But I haven't done a face character meal in well over 10 years (1900 Park Fare...I only have pics with Alice for face, so I don't know if the Mad Hatter wasn't there period or just not there that day) so while I don't remember Alice having a handler she may have, just less immediately obvious than Tigger's.

ditto the handlers, I also thing selfies would be a great idea if you can do it. Sometimes it can be hectic but at those places I think there is also a photographer for at least 1 character/photo at the beginning, I can't remember if 1900 park fare does it, but Akershus definitely does with one of the princesses, they will use your camera too.

Thanks for all the responses! I was thinking about selfies, but I'd rather have a full person shot. I'm going in sept, so I'm hoping it's not too crazy.

I have had diners near me ask me to take group pictures and have done the same. If your server isn't nearby, a neighboring table would most likely be glad to help out.

Thanks for all the responses! I was thinking about selfies, but I'd rather have a full person shot. I'm going in sept, so I'm hoping it's not too crazy.
I have had diners near me ask me to take group pictures and have done the same. If your server isn't nearby, a neighboring table would most likely be glad to help out.
I wish I would have asked someone to take our photos! Outside of photo pass photographers, at a couple of our meals, there is not one photo of myself and my son together with a character. I tried to take a selfie once, but the full person shot is much better.

On my solo trip, before the characters started circulating, I would start up a conversation with the people seated next to me and offer to take photos for them so everyone could be in the pictures, if they would be willing to take pictures for me.

I never once had anyone turn me down and it's a great way to pass the time between characters. I've also made some friends out of it so it's a win-win for everyone.

Just use your selfie stick. Oh wait...

I agree with asking, as most people are happy to help. In fact, sometimes I'm the guy that will see a family taking a photo and ask if they want me to take it so they are all in the picture.

I do selfies & there is always somebody around to take a picture (this is true anywhere at WDW it seems). Sometimes the server (I noticed him hanging by in case I needed it) or even last time a table of college girls were next to us & they excitedly took our pics with all the characters. Never be afraid to ask!

I was thinking about a selfie stick, until I read you cant bring them in the park. I think I'm just gotta ask the people near me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter