• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Autographs

I'm kind of thinking about buying some plain white fabric and cutting out quilt squares ahead of time and having one available for each character, with the same clipboard and fabric pen system, then when we get back I'll get some sort of colorful or disney fabric to mix in with those squares and have my mom turn them into a quilt.

KyGirl - That is such a cute idea!

I made these shirts (tutorial on Pinterest) & I'm curious what anyone would recommend to keep the fabric taut so the characters can sign without smearing? I've thought about and embroidery hoop, or a clipboard using a binder clips on the sides… Any advice?
We have been doing shirts and hoodie for years. Just this past year, with advice I read on here, I bought embroidery hoops to use. They worked perfectly.

We did a blank Vinylmation doll this past trip. It went well until we started to run out of space! :scared: Overall, it was a great way other than an autograph book and we can display the doll with the signatures.

I'm thinking doing this and it's good to hear a person doing this recently. Most posts about this is from a few years ago and it was sounding like people were having issues. Did you have any issues getting characters to sign it? I'm think about just buying a pack of multi colored sharpies. Is this what you used.

I'm thinking doing this and it's good to hear a person doing this recently. Most posts about this is from a few years ago and it was sounding like people were having issues. Did you have any issues getting characters to sign it? I'm think about just buying a pack of multi colored sharpies. Is this what you used.

No problems. All the characters was able to sign it. We had a couple metallic sharpies and we made sure it was dry before we put it away.

IMG_4117.JPG /ATTACH] /GALLERY]

I never post pictures here so I have no idea why this is sideways and enormous. When I open the picture on my computer it is not...

Anyway! I know this is an old post but we finally had time to buy some fabric and my mom finished the quilt from the squares that my DD got signed while we were at Disney in January and I wanted to share it. I love how it turned out. The signatures show up much better in real life than they do in this picture and it was so fun getting them signed. A lot of the characters asked what they were signing because they were just plain white squares at that time and had something cute to say about sweet dreams under the magical quilt or something like that. I added a few squares to the mix: the year, DD's name (that one is blurred out), something from each park we went to (we skipped DHS this time) and a square where I simply wrote the names of some of our favorite attractions in all different colors.

We kind of had a hard time finding the right fabric because I wanted something with lots of color to counteract all the white squares but lots of Disney fabric is really busy and detailed and just not really what I was looking for. So I was really happy to find these classic Mickey heads on red to use.

I just thought I would share in case anyone was reading that and was interested!

View attachment 226062 /ATTACH] /GALLERY]

I never post pictures here so I have no idea why this is sideways and enormous. When I open the picture on my computer it is not...

Anyway! I know this is an old post but we finally had time to buy some fabric and my mom finished the quilt from the squares that my DD got signed while we were at Disney in January and I wanted to share it. I love how it turned out. The signatures show up much better in real life than they do in this picture and it was so fun getting them signed. A lot of the characters asked what they were signing because they were just plain white squares at that time and had something cute to say about sweet dreams under the magical quilt or something like that. I added a few squares to the mix: the year, DD's name (that one is blurred out), something from each park we went to (we skipped DHS this time) and a square where I simply wrote the names of some of our favorite attractions in all different colors.

We kind of had a hard time finding the right fabric because I wanted something with lots of color to counteract all the white squares but lots of Disney fabric is really busy and detailed and just not really what I was looking for. So I was really happy to find these classic Mickey heads on red to use.

I just thought I would share in case anyone was reading that and was interested!

Oh, my word that is beautiful!!!
Thank you so much for sharing a picture of the final project. I've often wondered how you made out. And I must say I'm more than a little jealous as I cannot sew to save my life!
Congratulations on a job well done!

Oh trust me. I can barely sew on a button. My mom did all that for me. I was proud of myself just for printing out the park names and tracing them with the markers. Even that was a stretch for my limited crafting abilities!

View attachment 226062 /ATTACH] /GALLERY]

This is beautiful!!!!

I'm thinking of getting some postcards of the characters for them to sign. The I can mail them to my nieces and nephews. I wish they would still do the WDW cancellations like they used to years ago.

I found a book called "Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Disney Little Golden Book" which has a lot of the characters, even the newer ones (Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel, Cars), and it's something that older kids can appreciate as well as little ones. If that's not your thing, white canvas tote bags and pretty cheap fabric markers make a really awesome souvenir. It's a bit of a struggle to have them prepped for the characters, but I think it was definitely worth it, plus I get to bring it back with me next time I go :)

We started using baseball caps a few years ago. Our girls wear them year around and we are constantly being asked about them. I love that they are able to wear them in the parks and I no longer have to dig through a bag to find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter