• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chankanaab park in Cozumel

steph12

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the Dolphin push pull and swim at Chankanaab in Cozumel? My boys are wanting to do a dolphin swim, and the park looks like it would be a lot of fun. Any advise?

We did this excursion at Chankanaab in 2009. They have added several new things since then, but the push and pull dolphin excursion was a lot of fun and the park was very nice and clean. A great place to spend the day.

We really enjoyed the dolphin encounters at chankanaab - i think it was called something like the royal swim and the encounter for our youngest daughter. They also have a pool to swim at while you're waiting. The beach is small but nice. Water is beautiful and there's a small area to snorkel. There's also a restaurant by the beach.

We enjoyed it as well. Very clean, lots to do & great for kids. After the dolphins we spent a lot of time in the pool & ate at the restaurant which was good.

We visited Chankanaab in March. Our kids did the Royal Swim and loved it. We booked thru a private company on Cozumel and not thru DCL. It was a lot cheaper and we had the flexibility to come when we wanted and leave when we wanted. Also more things were included with this package (lunch, 15 min with a manatee, etc) We spent the whole day in the park and it was great. Kids had a buffet lunch and unlimited drinks with their package. husband and I purchased snacks and water and prices were very reasonable. Prices for the pictures they take when you are in the water with the dolphins are expensive, but they will negotiate with you.

Do you mind listing the name of the private company? Also for the Royal Swim is it for older kids? I want to swim with the Dolphins but our youngest is only 4

Do you mind listing the name of the private company? Also for the Royal Swim is it for older kids? I want to swim with the Dolphins but our youngest is only 4

I think I have already PM'd you the information from a previous thread. Check your message/conversation folder. I am not sure if it allowed to list the name here. I think they had different packages depending on the ages of the group. My concern would be the platform that you stand on in the water would make the water higher than your 4 year old is tall. My kids are 16 and 15 (and tall) and in the pictures the water is up to their waist. I am sure they can answer all of your questions though.

We just did this in March and it was wonderful! My youngest DD was almost 4. She and I did the encounter and DH and the 3 older kids did the push, pull and swim. We all loved it! My youngest could not touch so I had to hold her. They do give you life jackets to wear.

We did it through DCL and it was very organized. They walked us off and put is in taxis to the park. We did the encounter first and then we're able to stay after up until 430pm. They had transportation back hourly and you could choose when. We loved the gorgeous pool, the beach, the sea lion show. Would love to go back and spend more time there!

Pictures are super expensive but were wonderful. I think they started at 400 something but we negotiated them down to 175 for the 6 of us.

I was watching some videos of the place and it looks veru nice, especially the tequila tasting!

We booked directly with Chankanaab on their website. Got a very good deal and just took a taxi over from the ship.

We booked directly with Chankanaab on their website. Got a very good deal and just took a taxi over from the ship.

Just an FYI, I just read on a trip report that a cab for 5 people was only $16 each way and is only about 10 minutes away from the port. They said the manatee swim was amazing, and they let you feed them heads of lettuce.

Just an FYI, I just read on a trip report that a cab for 5 people was only $16 each way and is only about 10 minutes away from the port. They said the manatee swim was amazing, and they let you feed them heads of lettuce.
Loved our experience with Chankanaab. We also booked directly on the website and then took a cab over (myself, my daughter and my 80 year old mother). Prices to all the popular destinations are listed at the taxi stand.

Chank. was clean and good sized. Nice pool, lagoon, and ocean beach all as options for swimming. We did both the manatee encounter as well as the sea lion. All the animals that we interacted with were healthy and well cared for. Trainers were informative and lots of fun to work with.Loved both encounters... but the fav was the sea lion, it was only my daughter and I (not as popular as the manatees and dolphins) so we had a private hour long experience!!

Attachments

• DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0945.JPG
    DSC_0945.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter