changing ticket options?

dizneyrules

Mouseketeer
My family of 5 is going to WDW next month. We purchased seven day park hopper plus tickets in our package that will expire in the standard 14 days.

Just found out that my daughter's cheer squad will be going to Orlando next April. So I will be going again then with my twin daughters and my husband and son will stay home. Can I add to the tickets that I have already purchased for our upcoming trip? I'd like to make them 10 day non expiring tickets. When would I have to do that and how much will it cost? I figure someone here knows that! :disrocks:

Thanks!
Ann Marie :laundy:

Yes. You can do that as long as the ticket hasn't expired. Take the ticket to any ticket booth and just ask to add more days and the non-expiration option to it. The added cost will be the difference between your ticket and the upgrade.

If you purchased a discounted ticket, you would be better off to wait until you have used the ticket once. That way, the ticket will run for the upgrade at its full price and you won't have to pay as much to upgrade it.

My family of 5 is going to WDW next month. We purchased seven day park hopper plus tickets in our package that will expire in the standard 14 days.

Just found out that my daughter's cheer squad will be going to Orlando next April. So I will be going again then with my twin daughters and my husband and son will stay home. Can I add to the tickets that I have already purchased for our upcoming trip? I'd like to make them 10 day non expiring tickets. When would I have to do that and how much will it cost? I figure someone here knows that! :disrocks:

Thanks!
Ann Marie :laundy:

If I did my math right you would lose $4 with getting NE tickets if you didn't get PH for the second set. If you would need PH on second trip you save $50.

Cost to upgrade 7 day PH $301 to 10 day PH NE 529 = 228.

Cost of 3 day 224
Cost of 3 day PH 278

One thing to consider is that I have read that sometimes these groups require you to purchase their ticket package to participate and everyone including spectators must get the package. The package includes things like special event tickets to the award ceremony. So the extra NE days couldn't be used.

This comes up a lot when people with AP's go to these kind of events. Also the tickets that you get at these events are usually YES tickets that have an expiration date and can't be upgraded at all. So you can't save them for future us.

Yes. You can do that as long as the ticket hasn't expired. Take the ticket to any ticket booth and just ask to add more days and the non-expiration option to it. The added cost will be the difference between your ticket and the upgrade.

If you purchased a discounted ticket, you would be better off to wait until you have used the ticket once. That way, the ticket will run for the upgrade at its full price and you won't have to pay as much to upgrade it.

Exactly. Two things to note in addition. You must add the days and the non expiring option within 14 days of when the ticket is first used, so do it on this trip as you won't be able to do it on your next trip. Also, there will be some additional sale tax due in addition to the price difference.

A 10-day, non-expring park hopper with the WPF&M option is $583 and a 7-day hopper with the WPF&M (I assume that's what you mean by the "plus") is $370, so you should have to pay $213 plus tax to upgrade. That's cheaper than a 3-day base ticket and you get hopping and you also make the WPF&M options non expiring.

One caveat would be that if your second trip will require even one additional major theme park day beyond the total of 10, you'll probablay be better of keeping what you have for this trip and buying another ticket for the second trip.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes

8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date

Page Two of the Sticky

16. Resident 4 Day Wild 4 Disney Pass
17. 2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18. Prices Effective August 5, 2010
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter