Changing From a package to a room only

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I have a package booked, but I want to remove the tickets since I have a annual pass now. Can I remove the tickets without affecting the rest of my package? Would they have to remove the whole package and re-book? My concern is that looking on-line the Poly is completely booked and I don't want to lose my room.

I called about this a few weeks ago and was told that I would have to cancel the package and rebook because packages are completely different in the system and can't be changed with tickets and RO reservations. Of course, we all know that with anything, it depends on who you talk to. Maybe you will get a different answer if you call. Good luck!!

I called about this a few weeks ago and was told that I would have to cancel the package and rebook because packages are completely different in the system and can't be changed with tickets and RO reservations. Of course, we all know that with anything, it depends on who you talk to. Maybe you will get a different answer if you call. Good luck!!

This! :thumbsup2 And @Scarlet_J if you do get a different answer, you got bad information.

I was able to make this exact change about four months out from our trip. I called and did this over the phone so I am not exactly sure what 'magic' happened behind the scenes, but it is definitely worth a call to the reservations department. They should be able to check the availability on any rooms before they pull the trigger and make the changes.

Thanks for the replies. I just called and they did take the tickets off. I told her I just didn't want to lose my room and she said that as long as you have your room, they can make any changes around it. Maybe I got some pixie dust too, but I'm glad it worked out.

I have a standard room booked at Pop century for five nights using a pin code in late April 2018. I went in to change the reservation to two nights. A pop up said my room was now unavailable. It said only a preferred room at $50 higher was now the only room available. How could that be when I went from 5 nights to 2 nights. Also I have already paid for the first night. How do I reduce the number of nights and keep my original rate?

I have a standard room booked at Pop century for five nights using a pin code in late April 2018. I went in to change the reservation to two nights. A pop up said my room was now unavailable. It said only a preferred room at $50 higher was now the only room available. How could that be when I went from 5 nights to 2 nights. Also I have already paid for the first night. How do I reduce the number of nights and keep my original rate?

In the past you used to be able to just drop nights without issue. Now, the system is set up to where there has to be availability for the nights you want to keep. To alter your reservation you would be basically having to make a new reservation for those 2 nights. Currently the standard rooms must all be booked for the 2 nights you want to keep so it won't let you drop the other 3 and stay in a Standard room.

Call. I had to drop from 4 nights down to 3. When I tried to modify, it showed my view category was sold out. So I called- the agent put me on hold to speak to a higher up. They were able to make the change for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter