• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Changing Dining Reservation Group Size

spiderann

Mouseketeer
Heading to WDW in April and this is the first time I've made ADRs for more than 2 people. I made my ADRs 180 days out for a group of 9 at Trail's End, BOG, Ohana, and Sci-Fi. There's the strong possibility that our group is going down to 8. Do I need to call Disney and make the change? (Can I do it through the app without losing our current reservations?) I know if you are going from a group of say 5 down to 4 (or 3 down to 2) they use a smaller table. My friend who has gone many times says to not bother and just tell them when we get there. Thoughts?

It would be considerate to let them know in advance, but they definitely wouldn't turn you away if you showed up and said "one person couldn't make it." It would be fine. I wouldn't try changing it in the app. I don't have a positive or negative experience with that as I've never needed to change one, but I would never risk it.

We went in June and at the time I made ADRs we had 15, but a last minute cancellation put us at 12. It was very last minute and I didn't have a chance to change the count on any ADRs. We just told them upon arrival and all was fine.

We went in June and at the time I made ADRs we had 15, but a last minute cancellation put us at 12. It was very last minute and I didn't have a chance to change the count on any ADRs. We just told them upon arrival and all was fine.

Ok good. I was just afraid that they would charge us a fee or something for having fewer people than we reserved for.

I believe you can now modify on the website, but not on the app. You should be able to go in under reservation and go to change, and there is option for party size. I personally would call, just cause I always worry there will be some computer glitch, and it will screw up my ADR!

Glad you asked this OP. Maybe DH may be coming in a day later than the rest of us and therefore my first days ADRs have 6 but we could show up with 5.

There's no fee charged, unless zero members of your party show up. In that case, it's $10 per person.

If at least one person shows up, there's no penalty.

just following up...i went on the computer mydisneyexperience and looked at my reservations. i clicked on Change and it gave me the option to look for changes (group size, time, etc.) before selecting or canceling the change. since my plans have changed and am only going to need ADRs for 8 people instead of 9, i was able to change two of my four dining reservations to either the same time or 5 minutes later. The other two restaurants had nothing available for 8 people anywhere near our current ADR time so i left those two ADRs for 9 alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter