Changing dates of tickets

DisneFamily

Earning My Ears
Like others, we are concerned about traveling and our Disney vacation. Our trip is planned for April 4. We have the date specific tickets (Not Flexible Date). Will Disney allow me to move the dates of these or I am out of luck at this point? TIA for any input that could be provided. I have been on hold for over an hour with them, after finally getting through and also sent messages.

Like others, we are concerned about traveling and our Disney vacation. Our trip is planned for April 4. We have the date specific tickets (Not Flexible Date). Will Disney allow me to move the dates of these or I am out of luck at this point? TIA for any input that could be provided. I have been on hold for over an hour with them, after finally getting through and also sent messages.
I think you can move them up until the first date on the ticket. You just end up paying the difference between the price you paid and the price on the days you move them to.

Like others, we are concerned about traveling and our Disney vacation. Our trip is planned for April 4. We have the date specific tickets (Not Flexible Date).
Will Disney allow me to move the dates of these...
Yes.
You MAY have to (under "normal conditions," you WILL have to) pay the difference if the date you move to is a higher cost than that of your original timing.

I just shifted my ticket dates this morning, from week after next to September. I only had to pay a +$1.40 adjustment for one of the days, all of the other days were same price as what I had originally purchased.

Yes.
You MAY have to (under "normal conditions," you WILL have to) pay the difference if the date you move to is a higher cost than that of your original timing.
Hi Robo, Thank you for the reply. I trust what you know because I see you on here A LOT. 😉

So, just to clarify, if we do decide to postpone our trip, I will be able to move my dates even though I do not have the flexible date option. I also have them linked to MDE with the chosen dates. Can I remove them through MDE or would I need to talk with a cast member with guest services? Thanks again.

1. if we do decide to postpone our trip, I will be able to move my dates even though I do not have the flexible date option.
I also have them linked to MDE with the chosen dates.
2. Can I remove them through MDE
3. or would I need to talk with a cast member with guest services?
1. Yes.
2. Usually, yes.
3. If you cannot do it, call Disney (you can call the number you'd use to order tickets) and ask the CM to do it.

We just had to cancel our trip for next week:(
We had a date specific ticket. We easily changed it in the MDE under tickets click on the person and there will be a link that says change . All you have to do is click on the calendar for the date you want.

We went as far out as October. Praying that this crap is over with by then:headache:

Please stay healthy:rose:
Liz

1. Yes.
2. Usually, yes.
3. If you cannot do it, call Disney (you can call the number you'd use to order tickets) and ask the CM to do it.

So....
If we bought 14day e-tickets from WDW this week for May 25th 2020, linked them to MDE, and booked Fastpasses at 60 days out.... do you think it would be possible to then defer until say 11 months time, starting afresh (after contacting WDW and allowing for any price increase)?

So....
If we bought 14day e-tickets from WDW this week for May 25th 2020, linked them to MDE, and booked Fastpasses at 60 days out.... do you think it would be possible to then defer until say 11 months time, starting afresh (after contacting WDW and allowing for any price increase)?
We don't KNOW if Disney will or won't "do anything special" regarding regular ticket rules vs the current health warning/restriction situations.
Under "normal" conditions" it is unlikely that tickets would be good after an 11 month delay (as in, in many cases, the tickets would likely fully expire within that length of time.)
If they DO expire before you can use them, they would retain their full purchase value toward the purchase of (at that time) new, current tickets. As to advance booking of FP+, it remains to be seen if you could buy new tickets (if necessary) by using the expired tickets in advance of your arrival at WDW.

In short, I'd not make any kind of significant ticket buying choice until you absolutely need to.

Great reply. Ty very much.
I presume that previous posters who had deferred their dates successfully at very short notice must have had FPs booked on them. I wonder what the normal ticket expiry would be.
I guess the best thing to do is leave ticket purchase until just before 60 day mark, but I'm eager to get stuff under my belt. Eager beaver and all that.

We were going to the parks on March 22-25. We had the special 4 park tickets that were $89/day. Now that WDW is closed for our dates, I'm wondering what happens to those tickets. Do I need to do anything? I don't have a replacement date in mind yet, and in any event we won't be going before September, which was when this type of ticket was good until. I really don't want to hang on the phone for hours trying to get a Disney castmember to tell me what happens - anyone know?

We were going to the parks on March 22-25. We had the special 4 park tickets that were $89/day. Now that WDW is closed for our dates, I'm wondering what happens to those tickets. Do I need to do anything? I don't have a replacement date in mind yet, and in any event we won't be going before September, which was when this type of ticket was good until. I really don't want to hang on the phone for hours trying to get a Disney castmember to tell me what happens - anyone know?
Nobody knows what Disney will do regarding tickets, but it would be a pretty safe bet that they will waive
"normal" limitations and rules for the duration and they will likely make decisions that can help most guests in adjusting their trips (in the future) and/or their purchased tickets.

And, I would WAIT to call Disney.
(They likely won't have any definitive answers for awhile.)

They will undoubtedly make public announcements over the next few days (and weeks.)

I was faced with this situation this afternoon. Our MDE linked 7dPH tix were purchased from Undercover Tourist and dated to begin tomorrow, the 13th. MDE said we could change the date until midnight tonight. I clicked forward on the calendar until I found a date that cost me $0.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter