• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing dates and adding flights

newlittleminnie

DIS Veteran
DBF can't put his holidays in at work until we hit December but we really want to book now to get free dining :(

So a few questions:

- can we book our hotel now and add flights on at a later date without a fee?

And also:

- if he can't get holidays at work for the exact dates we've booked can we change the dates without incurring a fee?

Many thanks! :)

We booked with complete orlando last year and then booked flights in jan, the flights were cheaper a day earlier so we had to book and extra night, some places cant book single nights at disney reosrts so we bave a night booked at the hilton

Most companies will not charge a fee if you are increasing the holiday cost

Adding flights is normally not a problem and wont charge normally as your increasing the cost :-)

It really depends who you book with because each operator has their own terms and conditions. We did it this year. We booked our October trip in June with WDTC last year and couldn't book flights until 11 months out. When we tried to book the flights they were crazy expensive so we shifted our dates 3 days to save money. We called WDTC and they told us that unless there was a change in price, they would shift the dates free of charge.

In the past we had to change with Virgin and they charged us £25 per person. My suggestion would be if you are confident you may have to change dates, go with WDTC or any operator that anyone else can attest to that doesn't charge.

We managed this back in 2011/12 when our flights ended up being a few days earlier than we had booked. We booked our OKW stay through WDTC in May 2011, and they moved the dates for us no problem in September 2011 when we booked our flights.

Come New Year and we found out that AF had cancelled our return flight, but we were put on a flight a day later. However, I had some trouble in getting our stay moved back a day as I was advised that there were no studios left at OKW with free dining, only 2 bed apartments. That said, at the fourth time of calling, I spoke with a CM who went out of her way to contact WDTC in the UK and managed to get our stay moved back the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter