• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing ADRs for 9/9 - 9/16

JKMJ441724

Um, I'm going to go with "NO."
When we originally booked our ADRs five months ago, we had 12 people going. Now we have 9. When we called to take them off our reservation, they wanted to completely re-do our reservation to another time. What gives? Can't they just leave the time as is and just take those three people off? What if we just show up with our 9 people and tell them at the door? Please help. We are leaving in 34 days. :cool1: :cheer2:

You may be better off just leaving it the way it is. If the restaurant already has the table for 12 set when you arrive (not likely), they'll just pull one table off, make a four-top, and make somebody on their waitlist happy earlier.

I know it sounds nuts, but if you cancel the existing ressie, you may not be able to just turn around and get another at the same restaurant and time.

I'm in the same boat: the original ADR's are for 5 people, but two have cancelled their trip and I considered calling to change the number, but then heard accounts of having to redo the actual seating time - no way. I'll just go to the podium and tell the CM that two of our party were unable to make it. I'm not taking any chances, especially only a week before I leave.

Yep. Just go and have a good time! Don't forget to send the no-shows a postcard raving about the dinner they missed!

The reason you have to change is probably because different table sizes. I know larger tables have specific times. A 9 top will probably be going at a 10 top therefore leaving a 2 top available for someone else. Also a 5 top is considered a 6 top so when you change it to 3 you are changing to a 4 top. I know it is confusing but you have to remember that if you are a 12 top at 6pm and you change to a 9 and you can't get 6pm anymore chances are that 10 top that was at that time is already booked.

Getting Dining that week has been tough (for us anyway)

We've been trying to get chef mickeys for over a month for Sat. Sept.16th or Monday, Sept. 18 for dinner, 2 adults and there are no openings. but, they did have tables of 4.... So if there is anyone out there that would like for us to join them so we could get a table.... :rotfl:

I have the opposite problem. We originally got our ADRs for two people, but then my ex decided to join us. I called and was able to get all the ADRs changed to three people (within just a few minutes of our original ADR times), except of all places Whispering Canyon. I've been calling several days a week for over a month now without success. I've had CMs tell me not to bother to show up there with three people, as we'll be turned away, and others telling me to keep it and just show up.

aubriee said:
I have the opposite problem. We originally got our ADRs for two people, but then my ex decided to join us. I called and was able to get all the ADRs changed to three people (within just a few minutes of our original ADR times), except of all places Whispering Canyon. I've been calling several days a week for over a month now without success. I've had CMs tell me not to bother to show up there with three people, as we'll be turned away, and others telling me to keep it and just show up.

Thats a tough call. Maybe continue checking daily and even while you are down there continually... Remember that thread of "overbooking adr's?" maybe something will open up ..pixie dust to you pixiedust:

kimntrent said:
The reason you have to change is probably because different table sizes. I know larger tables have specific times. A 9 top will probably be going at a 10 top therefore leaving a 2 top available for someone else. Also a 5 top is considered a 6 top so when you change it to 3 you are changing to a 4 top. I know it is confusing but you have to remember that if you are a 12 top at 6pm and you change to a 9 and you can't get 6pm anymore chances are that 10 top that was at that time is already booked.

But couldn't they just let us still have that big table for 12. I know it's not their ideal way of doing things. but it would be "magical"
:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter