Changes to MK Wishes dessert party-Same Day Reservations

Pretty stupid. We highly enjoyed our Wishes FP's as we could show up 10 min before celebrate the magic and get a seat in the back on the ground or fence. We definitely don't stake out a seat an hour or two before and wait, so that'll cut down on how often we view from the hub.

Touché on disneys part though. Rope those in who want to pay $60 for a few dessert items and take away the FP spot for that use. I just don't see the value in these dessert parties being so high, but oh well. The Wishes FP location was good while it lasted

Is there worth it? I don't care about the food. I just don't want to line up early.
1. Is the view as good as main street?

2. I just wanna walk in whenever I want and watch the show without the hassle of a bunch of people

1. Depending on WHERE on Main St., the Hub areas can even be better.

2. Unfortunately, THAT ship has sailed (and sunk) awhile ago.

wait wait wait. there is no more fast passes for wishes at all? how did i miss this. i actually really liked having a fast pass for wishes cause you can grab some ice-cream grab a seat in the back and my kids could just chill out and watch. i always thought it was worth the use for a fast pass.

You didn't expect them to keep giving it away for "free" when there was an upsell opportunity, did you?

We got a Wishes FP last year and I wish we could do it again this year. I find it so annoying that they are taking away what used to be included and slapping an extra charge on it. Now if I don't want to sit and wait with my young kids for like 45 minutes I have to pay $$$ to get in the old FP area. I wonder if they will be doing something similar with MSEP? Didn't FP stop for that as well?

Logistically, it just seems like they are trying too hard on this one. Not sure if it will take off.

I've gone to a few of these pre-price-hike and the area was already quite small where the desserts were. Unless they will set up another area for the same-day people.

I've gone to a few of these pre-price-hike and the area was already quite small where the desserts were. Unless they will set up another area for the same-day people.

I guess it will be interesting to see unfold. If it's too convoluted and confusing, not many people will do it. And if not many people do it, that area would be really empty, making it more appealing.

I'M SO CONFUSED! ;)

I booked this, but now I am rethinking it. Are they going to let the terrace ADR's have the better tables when they originally let people in? I'm going to wait for reports and I still might cancel. We loved our Wishes FP last summer. :(

I booked this, but now I am rethinking it. Are they going to let the terrace ADR's have the better tables when they originally let people in? I'm going to wait for reports and I still might cancel. We loved our Wishes FP last summer. :(

I think those are great questions. It's possible the addition of extra bodies might make this a less enjoyable experience for those who already booked the regular party.

Oh that's a good point. Now that they took away the assigned seating for the ADRs. I guess now we know why they did that.

I would think they will have separate areas.

I see a table issue here unless the "day guests" are going to be using the tables in the upper level of the balcony area while the pre-booked guests will still get the tablecloth covered seats. If I booked and paid to be there the entire time, got in line to grab a first-come-first-serve table - I sure don't want some shoobie sitting at my table munching cupcakes.

We did the Dessert Party last year (when it was only $29pp) but the tables were allocated and I imagine this will still be the case, there were plenty of desserts and I don't think too difficult to add some extra buffet tables

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter