Change One Letter out of Six..........Another One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
recess

Sounds like a good way to keep your hand in at teaching and an income stream in semi-retirement. :thumbsup2

caress

It's not really what I wanted to do but it'll be ok. I do like the paycheck. ;)

caress

It's not really what I wanted to do but it'll be ok. I do like the paycheck. ;)

Kitty - I understand! Subbing is the one thing I said I would never do when I retired from education. My pay with my current job is low but it has lots of flexibility and does accumulate some retirement savings as well.

crises

I subbed one day, and decided it wasn't for me. I'm torn right now because if I can teach next fall, I think I want to teach as long as I am able to. It may mean that my gamers trip will only be 4-5 nights.

arises

That does change your plans! I'm still way up in the air regarding the trip!

DH and I are vaguely discussing a Yosemite trip and visiting friends out west this spring or maybe a beach summer trip. I'd still like to join everyone in October if we can afford it.

easier

averse

I know what you mean. Been saving money for next year's trip...and then the opportunity to join DH in Silicon Valley popped up unexpectedly. Oh well...back to square one.

shaver

It sounds like we all have decisions to make! After sitting around "retired" for a month I decided that as long as I'm able bodied I need to work or I'd get too bored! And with two sons getting married within the year........it'll just help! :)

I know I have to do something to keep my mind busy but I wish it wasn't what I'm doing now :crazy2:

If my working pays off our kitchen remodel and our lot in PA ever sells (it won't in this economy) then I could actually retire again and we could move somewhere else that is cheaper to live.

Our problem is always figuring out where to retire that has great health care, nice cheap housing and for me, decent scenery (hills/mountains/lakes/ocean?) which rules out much of the US. DH's recent health problems and lack of mobility have really gummed up choosing a place to live.....

shaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter