Chances on a Boardwalk waitlist for one night?

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Hi
I know Boardwalk is undergoing a renovation on the Villas. I’m guessing this is hurting inventory. Currently need one night in late may. I have a night at OKW but waitlisted a night at Boardwalk because we would prefer to stay there and walk into epcot for the night.
Has anyone had any luck with a waitlist for one night in a standard view come up?
Was also thinking AK Jambo as we love Jiko and can just arrive later have a meal and explore.
Chances better at Boardwalk or AK?

I would say chances better at AK, although a load of availability for 1br popped up for BWV a few days ago… perhaps they are confident the that rooms will be done by then.

Chances are better for AKV Kidani, and at BWV, chances are much better for P/G (Preferred) view than for Standard because there are many more P/G studios. So I’d WL P/G at BWV and Kidani at AKV to have the best chance of filing.

I think your chances are fairly high if you opt for a P/G studio. For context, last month I decided to head to WDW for Memorial Day weekend and within three weeks, I picked up four nights in a P/G studio using a combination of waitlisting/stalking. I started with 2 nights booked at SSR and 2 nights cash and can't believe I managed to string all 4 nights at BWV together. All that to say, try for a P/G rather than a standard if you have the points and honestly I think it will fill in a matter of weeks if not days.

Boardwalk waitlist is difficult....I've tried it on 7 different occasions with no luck....Waitlisting itself is a manual process performed by Disney personnel so you're at their mercy.... I found checking everyday yourself works better....

Boardwalk waitlist is difficult....I've tried it on 7 different occasions with no luck....Waitlisting itself is a manual process performed by Disney personnel so you're at their mercy.... I found checking everyday yourself works better....
This is no longer correct. The matching process is not in real time, but the system does sweep every so often (couldn't tell you the time frame) for a match and pulls the rooms from inventory. Then a CM actually processes the waitlist (so that part is manual), but the room itself is pulled automatically.

Interesting. I'm genuinely curious how MS manages this process. For my 4 nights that I strung together just recently, my waitlists filled in the middle of the night. Midnight - 2am timeframe.

This is no longer correct. The matching process is not in real time, but the system does sweep every so often (couldn't tell you the time frame) for a match and pulls the rooms from inventory. Then a CM actually processes the waitlist (so that part is manual), but the room itself is pulled automatically.

Interesting. I'm genuinely curious how MS manages this process. For my 4 nights that I strung together just recently, my waitlists filled in the middle of the night. Midnight - 2am timeframe.
Did you get the email confirmation in the middle of the night or did it show up in your dashboard in the middle of the night? The emails seem to be delayed by many hours some times.

I've had several waitlists match (but not be processed) in the middle of the night as we would put one in before going to bed and then decide to deactivate it the next morning and the inventory would show up as soon as we would deactivate it.

In these instances I had existing night reservations with the waitlist set to replace, and the trip cancellation email is what hit my inbox first during the middle of the night, with the confirmation to follow. The confirmations hit my emails around 530am-730am which I thought was odd since I had understood that the waitlists were filled manually as well. Seems like an early hour for a CM to be working?
Did you get the email confirmation in the middle of the night or did it show up in your dashboard in the middle of the night? The emails seem to be delayed by many hours some times.

I've had several waitlists match (but not be processed) in the middle of the night as we would put one in before going to bed and then decide to deactivate it the next morning and the inventory would show up as soon as we would deactivate it.

In these instances I had existing night reservations with the waitlist set to replace, and the trip cancellation email is what hit my inbox first during the middle of the night, with the confirmation to follow. The confirmations hit my emails around 530am-730am which I thought was odd since I had understood that the waitlists were filled manually as well. Seems like an early hour for a CM to be working?
Hmm, that is very interesting. Perhaps they've figured out how to automate the whole process. Definitely agree they aren't going to pay a CM to process waitlists overnight.

It's very puzzling. The first time it happened, I actually noticed it when logging into my account (I was using a combination of stalking/waitlisting to grab these nights) as my points total had dropped from what it had been. I realized a waitlist must have filled, and sure enough saw the reservation in my dashboard, and then checked my email and saw the trip cancellation notification. This is Eastern time, for reference. Very strange! Perhaps they have a specialized offshore team managing this during our overnight hours?
Hmm, that is very interesting. Perhaps they've figured out how to automate the whole process. Definitely agree they aren't going to pay a CM to process waitlists overnight.

When the waitlist is processed to book the new room, they have said it can take many hours for the email to general, including the trip cancellation.

My most recent one I saw on my dashboard, and the trip cancellation email came about 4 hours later, with the new dates, about 3 hours after that...so, it was at least 7 hours in total from when they must have actually changed it to when I got my emails.

Interesting, thanks Sandi!

When the waitlist is processed to book the new room, they have said it can take many hours for the email to general, including the trip cancellation.

My most recent one I saw on my dashboard, and the trip cancellation email came about 4 hours later, with the new dates, about 3 hours after that...so, it was at least 7 hours in total from when they must have actually changed it to when I got my emails.

On Sunday I had a three-day p/g view waitlist BWV studio come through for September. I didn't have much hope since it was three days (non-weekend) and F&W. I also had a two-day May one bedroom p/g view BWV come through about a month or so ago. For one night I think there is a decent chance and even more if you try P/G view. Perhaps the construction uncertainty has increased chances for waitlist.

Well I just had my waitlist for the one night filled at Boardwalk standard view so I’m happy!
Thank you all. I was stalking the site and there were no rooms available at all but I just got the email that my Old Key West I had was canceled. Quickly went to my dashboard and saw the boardwalk confirmed. Wasn’t to long less than a week. It was only one night on a Thursday so I’m guessing it wasn’t such a difficult get

Love that!
On Sunday I had a three-day p/g view waitlist BWV studio come through for September. I didn't have much hope since it was three days (non-weekend) and F&W. I also had a two-day May one bedroom p/g view BWV come through about a month or so ago. For one night I think there is a decent chance and even more if you try P/G view. Perhaps the construction uncertainty has increased chances for waitlist.

Yay, congrats @BeachMouse1! I had a feeling you'd be able to grab one - even better that it's a standard view!

Hi
I know Boardwalk is undergoing a renovation on the Villas. I’m guessing this is hurting inventory. Currently need one night in late may. I have a night at OKW but waitlisted a night at Boardwalk because we would prefer to stay there and walk into epcot for the night.
Has anyone had any luck with a waitlist for one night in a standard view come up?
Was also thinking AK Jambo as we love Jiko and can just arrive later have a meal and explore.
Chances better at Boardwalk or AK?
We find that once you are within the 60 day range of the reservation=not a lot of waitlist success. I think this might be because Disney takes the reservations at that point. On the other hand we usually get our waitlists if booked like 6-7 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter