• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chances of Poly 7 months out

Disneylovingdad

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Was curious if anyone had any insight into the chances of us getting a 1 or 2 bedroom at the poly at 7 months for the first week of December 2017. Thank you all in advance.

Well, it's zero because there are only studios at PVB. ;) Unless you mean a bungalow as the 2BR option?

But for a studio? That's perhaps the only week I'd have a question that you might not book it right away but I do think it's still a good chance and a very good chance to get it with a waitlist if it wasn't available right at 7 months.

Ah I see. I didn't realize it was just studios there. My wife has told me numerous times but I still didn't realize. :rotfl2:Sorry about that. I figured it may be a decent shot because that week is fairly quiet down there. Thanks again!

Ah I see. I didn't realize it was just studios there. My wife has told me numerous times but I still didn't realize. :rotfl2:Sorry about that. I figured it may be a decent shot because that week is fairly quiet down there. Thanks again!

Do you know my husband?! :laughing:

Actually, though that week isn't the busiest for the parks it's close to, if not the most difficult time to book DVC. 7 month switches can be very difficult. And even the park isn't anywhere as quiet as it used to be years ago.

Late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan is DVC's high demand time at WDW. During that time there are certain extremely high demand times. On the top of that list is the first week of Dec, the highest DVC demand week of the year. At 7 months out for 2016, Poly was easy to get from mid-Jan to late Sep (and that is thus far also proving to be true for 2017). It has 360 studios and thus sheer numbers give it a high chance during that time. From late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, Poly studios were very often open at 7 months out, but they just as often filled within moments after the the 7 month reservation window opened on line at 8 a.m., meaning the member with the fastest computer won. Moreover, there were about a handful of time periods during that last quarter when Poly studios filled before 7 months out. The first week of Dec lost 4 of its days at 8 months out and before 7 months all but one was gone.

Last edited:
.......(snip).....Moreover, there were about a handful of time periods during that last quarter when Poly studios filled before 7 months out. The first week of Dec lost 4 of its days at 8 months out and before 7 months all but one was gone.
IMO, this is probably due to renting activity. Owners have the right to rent their points, but it still makes me sad for those who want to book at 7 months. (I'm not one of them as we've already completed our "one and done" stay there. Poly is very nice, but for us, it's just too expensive - we get a much better deal at our home resort, which we love).

Thanks everyone. I never realized first week of December is busiest for DVC. I understand why but never knew that. We've only visited that time once. Thanks again!!

Just our personal experience, but we stayed at the Poly for a week during the end of October and were able to book the entire week at the 7 month window. Granted, I was on the computer ready to book as soon as the window opened, and when I checked 15 min later, there was no more availability, but it is possible!

We go the 1st week of Dec. every year & have had difficulty booking any Poly studio for that week right at 7 months out other than for sporadic dates. Any other time of year we've been able to secure at least 3 nights in a row. Hope that helps.

We go the 1st week of Dec. every year & have had difficulty booking any Poly studio for that week right at 7 months out other than for sporadic dates. Any other time of year we've been able to secure at least 3 nights in a row. Hope that helps.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter