Celebs in the castle suite?

Give it away for pete's sake!! We give to Disney hand over fist- why don't they give back to their loyal followers??
They DID give it away, for two years. And now they're done. It's their suite, they paid to build it, they can do whatever they want with it. As for "giving back to their loyal followers" -- everyone gets in free for their birthday this year. Every single person in the world can get in free for their birthday. Or get free fastpasses or a gift card. Apparently, that doesn't count.

And really ... if Disney WASN'T giving you something for the money you are giving hand over fist, why would you still be going there? You get special moments with your family and children that are, supposedly, priceless. You get a feeling of wonder and magic when you enter the parks which, supposedly, you cannot put a price on. You get to watch your kids literally vibrate with excitement because they are about to meet their favorite character IN PERSON. You cry when you watch Wishes. You smile ear-to-ear when a character points to you from a parade float or when a CM wishes you happy birthday. You watch the Flag Retreat at Town Square and tears run down your face when the Veteran of the Day holds that flag. And you come to the DIS and post how depressed you are once your magical trip is over.

See ... to ME ... that would be more than enough in the "giving back to your loyal followers" department. YMMV

:earsboy:

I do believe that hosting celebs in the suite would be an unpopular decision if it were "known" to the public. There were no official announcements about where the family stayed. Usually celebs stay at the Grand Floridian or AKL, for security reasons. I kind of doubt that the family stayed in the suite when you consider there is no room service, no quick escape routes, no extra rooms for their entourage. (and having worked at a new york city talent agent they ALL travel with an entrourage...assistants, family members, press, etc)...especially highly controlled scientologists like the cruises. (they have scientology "friends" that help them 24/7. Factor in the reality that Suri is still way to little to appreciate or remember the suite and I doubt the parents made the sacrifice of privacy to stay there.

That said, I think the suite should be used for make-a-wish by raffle, and other incentives and prize opportunities. Its enough that celebs get front lined (and they DO...in the back doors with no wait). I understand the need to do that for crowd control, etc.

Finally, I find myself feeling sorry for Suri. If you notice in the pictures all over the web she is being watched by hundreds as if she were in a cage. Its sad...but I think her parents are doing their best to embrace their very surreal reality.:goodvibes

People are getting so freakin' upset about a RUMOR that they stayed in the castle! There has been no press release, no credible report, nothing - a posting on TMZ.com doesn't count.

What they DID do was have breakfast at CRT...no fuss, slipped in while people were distracted, no entourage...

Everybody obviously has their own ideas about what they think the suite will be used for, seem to think what Walt would have wanted, etc.

It's Disney's property. They built it. They didn't have to build it. They didn't have to give it away for free for over two years. They can do what they want with it. They could have just closed it.

They aren't giving it away for promotions. I guarantee you Orbitz and the rest paid a lot of money for it. It costs a lot of money to put people up in there, whether it be the Cruises or the Shmoes.

I understand the desire to "give it away" to MaW, GKTW, etc. but as discussed in many threads before this one when Disney first announced what they were doing with the suite, there are potential complications (aside from who to pick) with that angle as well. Imagine the problems if someone needed emergency medical attention while in the suite, or god forbid something worse?

Good point about the emergency issue. I wonder if they made winners sign release of liability. I bet they did. It does seem like a very expensive undertaking to have staff on duty round the clock while a family is in the suite. Its not like they can just take the elevator down and walk around the park after closing. It does demand a certain amount of cooperation from the guest.

Me and my husband did the keys to the kingdom tour at the end of Jan. and our tour guide told us that their is a top name celeb that has been trying to stay in the castle for his Daughters birthday and Disney told him no.He kept calling back upping what he would pay and they told him no, Its not for sale,its only a prize to be won.

Me and my husband did the keys to the kingdom tour at the end of Jan. and our tour guide told us that their is a top name celeb that has been trying to stay in the castle for his Daughters birthday and Disney told him no.He kept calling back upping what he would pay and they told him no, Its not for sale,its only a prize to be won.

Was that celebrity Tom Cruise perhaps and he finally got his way?? :rotfl:

I just posted some pics of them on the Photography board thinking it would be pics people are posting of DW.
Now I feel dumb, lol.

I figured since others solicited for their organization here and as I metioned before there was more than one that Disney does not sponsor I decided to post some info here. We did not choose to apply to the Childrens Wish Foundation. It was done without our knowledge by the Childrens and Womens Hospital here. We learned about it after they granted her wish.

If you would care to look or donate they are a very good foundation. They took care of everything when we went to Orlando. Unlike other wish trips where you have to pay some expenses. They even covered food and soveniers, Not to mention renting medical equipment a van and hotel rooms and tickets.

On a side note when we got home I returned some money we had not used and they were shocked. We had missed some meals and didn't spend the money.

Here is the link: http://www.childrenswish.org/

Yes, there is no independent verification that the Cruises spent the night in the castle. But if they did, this article posted today by Variety might explain it:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118000303.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Apparently, DreamWorks is trying to convince Tom Cruise to make the movie "Motorcade" his next film project. Now that DreamWorks has teamed up with Disney, a stay in the castle could be a little bonus incentive. :)

I honestly don't think its fair if they just let them stay there. And even if they paid...you know what, what if I wanted to save up my money and stay there for a night? If they have the opportunity, so should I. Not saying I'd waste however much money it would cost for a night, but if they have the option of staying there, you and I and everyone else should as well.

Now, if its used for charities, or things like that...that I don't have a problem with. Giving it away to celeberities I do.

I bet that if you had, let's say $10,000 to spend on a night there, you would have the same opportunity

To me it odesnt matter if they paid or Disney treated. Suri is still a little girl who loves disney and I dont think we can ostracize her just because of her parents. Dont all little girls and boys deserve to have that magic? The family had a regular family breakfast at CRT during the day, no special treatment.

The rumor of them staying in the Castle is just that...a rumor. It's never been confirmed, but people are judging them, and are apparently mad at Disney, for, at this point, merely conjecture.

Many people are forgetting the whole point for the visit to WDW, which is this beautiful child who is having a wonderful time:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1147528/Dream-come-true-Princess-Suri-meets-Mickey-Minnie-Mouse.html

On another thread on this topic, it's now being said they did NOT stay in the Cinderella Suite, but just had an early breakfast at CRT. Apparently they stayed at GF.

Another poster said she saw them at Narcosses for dinner, and there was no fuss, only 2 WDW security, no one bothered them, their server was also serving other tables. ie no special treatment.

Di x

I understand. I have entered contests in which the suite was a prize. I'm not going to just get to stay there because I'm Kadesha though. From what I understand the castle suite isn't for sale, so even if they did pay for it I still don't think it's fair. Celebrities get enough special treatment. They didn't win a contest to get to stay there like the rest of us would have to do.

So let me ask you this question. I worked hard and studied hard in school and got an advanced degree. Then I worked really hard to get into a position where I financially can do things that others can't. Should that not be allowed. I don't see the rage on these boards when people talk about staying at the GF in the concierge level and others stay at the all-stars. Why should it be anybody's business what people do with their money.

Also, if you had the means and desire to pony up enough cash you would be able to stay there too! I don't know you or your situation and I don't mean to judge but I am assuming that because you are whining about it you could not afford to stay in the castle suit and you know what, there is nothing wrong with that. Each family that goes to Disney has THEIR experience and hopefully it is great for them. Enjoy what YOU have and what YOU are able to do and stop worrying about what others do and why it is not fair.

You get to enjoy Disney with your family without being mobbed, though. Doesn't that count for something? I'm just thrilled my family can stand in lines, ride Dumbo, go swimming, etc., etc., etc. at our happy place an no one bats an eye.

I think there's a definite trade-off when it comes to fame. While it would be nice to get a night in the castle just because I was me, I'd much rather enjoy the magic of Disney in peace (well, aside from the noise of the thousands of people around me ;)).

Great post. Thank you

What they DID do was have breakfast at CRT...no fuss, slipped in while people were distracted, no entourage...
But did they call at the 90 day window?
Many people are forgetting the whole point for the visit to WDW, which is this beautiful child who is having a wonderful time:
In a $3000 outifit that is 'OK' if she spills on...precious! They have money-can't complain! I am sure that money paid for a great dinner for the starving designer.
The family had a regular family breakfast at CRT during the day, no special treatment.
Again even if their assistant called at the 90day window...I am happy they got the reservation, the front seat at every ride, the magic fast pass, the unobstructed parade view without waiting the hour before, AND the autograph of every character she wanted all in one day!
I felt the same way about the innauguration and some of the people that attended but hey...they were there! I just hope I get the same destiny at the MK!:worship:

But did they call at the 90 day window?

In a $3000 outifit that is 'OK' if she spills on...precious! They have money-can't complain! I am sure that money paid for a great dinner for the starving designer.

Again even if their assistant called at the 90day window...I am happy they got the reservation, the front seat at every ride, the magic fast pass, the unobstructed parade view without waiting the hour before, AND the autograph of every character she wanted all in one day!
I felt the same way about the innauguration and some of the people that attended but hey...they were there! I just hope I get the same destiny at the MK!:worship:

Who cares if it was a $3000 outfit. Why is that a problem. should htey be ashamed becasue they can afford it. This is the USA and there are no limits in this nation about individual wealth. It seems you may be happier in a less freedom friendly nation?

As far as front of the line access there are reasons they do that. It is a safety issue and not just for the VIP's Imagine being caught in the crush of the crowd trying to mob forward to see/touch/talk too, the vip

Your responses sound like nothing more than jealousy. I am jealous too, not that they had this treatment but that I was at work this week and not in the MK

Hey, I remember reading Lauren's story but lost it before it was finished. I'm glad you responded here so I can go back and finish her TR. It seems like her luck is the same as my daughters. On our last trip we spent half of it in the hotel too sic to do anything.

A little history on us. Following the untimely death of my 36 y/o wife in 2002 My handicapped daughter was granted a wish trip by The Children's Wish Foundation. Different from make a wish. She had been nominated by the local childrens hospital the we frequented since her birth in 1990. The trip was both wonderfull and stressfull. At that time she required lots of oxygen and was on breathing machines at night. So we could only go out for 4 hour trips at a time. But the foundation payed a nurse to go with us so all of us would not be stuck in a hotel room if she had a bad spell or was too tired.

I don't think the Childrens Wish Foundation exist anymore but I wanted other groups besides Make a Wish to be known. There are many good groups out there that help kids. Disney just chooses to only recognise the one.

I lost this thread, too! Sorry to be so long in getting back to you!

Glad you were able to finish the TR for Lauren. We had a great time on our trip, despite the illness and the hospital stay. They truly had a magical time!

MAW paid for me to go as Lauren's "nurse" and it helped the trip tremendously!!

I do think the Children's Wish Foundation still exists...I think we even have a link on our Wish Trippers Unite thread. Feel free to pop over there anytime and encourage some families. There may even be a Children's Wish Foundation family that could use some pointers over there! :)

I figured since others solicited for their organization here and as I metioned before there was more than one that Disney does not sponsor I decided to post some info here. We did not choose to apply to the Childrens Wish Foundation. It was done without our knowledge by the Childrens and Womens Hospital here. We learned about it after they granted her wish.

If you would care to look or donate they are a very good foundation. They took care of everything when we went to Orlando. Unlike other wish trips where you have to pay some expenses. They even covered food and soveniers, Not to mention renting medical equipment a van and hotel rooms and tickets.

On a side note when we got home I returned some money we had not used and they were shocked. We had missed some meals and didn't spend the money.

Here is the link: http://www.childrenswish.org/

We were covered on all of our expenses for Lauren's trip, too. We didn't come home with any money, though. :rotfl2: I paid for my stuff...like MNSSHP and PhotoPass and souvies, of course! They did have some money to start a pin trading addiction!

But some MAW chapters do the expense check differently and I have heard of families that were out some money from their pocket for things like meals IN Disney (GKTW gives breakfast and dinner and now even lunch) and big character deals. And sometimes out for souveniers. Which can be hard for a family that has so many medical expenses. Even if you are well off, you can drain that fast with thousands in medical bills each year. We could go to Disney every year - all 5 of us - for the cost of medical for their one family each year.

Yes, I do hope that we can donate to ALL of the wish foundations! It is definitely hard for them, I am sure, to compete with Make a Wish...as lots of money goes to them each year.

This is a very interesting thread!

Celebrity or not... they are a family enjoying Disney. Where is the magic of Disney in this thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter