• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebration World Resort Jan. 13-20, 2007

anniem923

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
We are just back from a week at CWR and had a great experience there! We had a 1 bedroom unit with the kitchen which included a full size fridge and a stackable washer/dryer. The sofa bed mattress was either brand new or never used, but it was only about 5 inches thick. I had planned ahead for just such a problem by bringing my double bed sized inflate a bed anyway, since I have trouble sleeping comfortably even in a regular bed. My sister used the bedroom and said the bed was "pretty comfortable." Our view from the screened patio was of the man-made lake which had a mulch jogging/walking track running around it. Guests were using this at all times of the day. It was really very nice and peaceful to sit out there and listen to the water fountain in the lake run and watch the passers by from our third floor accommodation. There was an elevator to haul all of our stuff up to our room and overall the appearance of the whole place was pleasing.
We took advantage of the kitchen by getting items from the Super Walmart on route 27, which was about 8 miles away. This saved a lot of money. The drive from CWR to AK is about 9 minutes including waiting for the traffic light on Sherberth road.
As far as bugs go, we only had one...a small beetle which was inside a bag of plastic cups we had bought at Walmart. We were careful, though, to take out our trash each morning before we went to the parks and to not leave any food out or open, so as to invite any llittle visitors. There was a trash receptacle on each floor near the elevator to put your items in.
The staff was friendly and helpful the few times we inquired of them. They allowed me to bring my flight info for SW there to get our boarding passes for the flight home. The lady there couldn't have been nicer.
The pool and the hot tub were very nice. We used them only two days, though.
We felt safe there, as well. Everyone we met, from guest to employee was very nice. I got a good price for the unit on SkyAuction and would stay there again in a minute. This would be a great place for a quiet getaway, as well. The place was very peaceful.
Anne

also love CWR and agree with everything you say.

next time for the try for the bigger 1-bedroom - then you get a whirlpool tub in your room...;)

this place also has a bigger than average TV in the livingroom. the only place I saw the same size was HGVC.

also love CWR and agree with everything you say.

next time for the try for the bigger 1-bedroom - then you get a whirlpool tub in your room...;)

Pat,
Did you get the bigger room through SkyAuction? or did you negotiate for an upgrade?
Have you ever stayed in their larger units or bought the week at somewhere besides SkyAuction?
Still new to all of this.
Thanks!
Anne

once it was thru Skyauction - the other times it was thru RCI where they tell you which is which.

with this place - always ask at the front desk if you can get the bigger unit. Sometimes they say yes. Okay it doesn't often happen but it might.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter