Celebrating Hubby's 40th at Poly

Zacksmom

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at the Poly next Sat for a 5 night stay to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We booked a garden view room and I was wondering if I should put a call through to the the resort directly to notify them of his birthday. Do they do anything special? Are room upgrades more likely? Or should I just ask if they have any upgrades avaliable when we check in?

We will be arriving at the Poly next Sat for a 5 night stay to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We booked a garden view room and I was wondering if I should put a call through to the the resort directly to notify them of his birthday. Do they do anything special? Are room upgrades more likely? Or should I just ask if they have any upgrades avaliable when we check in?

As for doing anything special, it is the luck of the draw. Some people have gotten surprises, while others have not. We stayed at the Poly with our son for his high school graduation and had mentioned it when we made the reservations and again a few days prior when we put in our request for a special longhouse...they never said or did anything. We stayed at the Coronado last year for my 50th, and I received many surprises.

Great way to spend a 40th!!!!
You should call ahead , I'm sure they'll do their best to do something special or even upgrade you. We've been upgraded twice at the Poly , but I'm sure it all depends on current booking. Either way, it will surely be special ....have fun.

Ron

You can call & request balloons & a card but as far as upgrade that depends on when you check in. Might get lucky :goodvibes But in all fairness I doubt that they would upgrade you but then again. I have a friend who celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary a gift from her kids & grandkids & the GF didn't do anything for them & they knew it was their 60th.:sad1: :sad2:

I celebrated my 40th at DL - so not quite the same but darn close. We stayed at the GCH and first were assigned to a room with a pool view. My DH mentioned it was my 40th and how I had really been hoping for a good view of the park (DCA) as well and they moved us to a room that was dead center for a view! Of course I had been coaching DH that his one and only job was to make certain people knew it was my BD and he did a very good job! :lmao:

We got a few other things so I would certainly mention it but not count on it. But if they don't know they definitely won't do anything. I believe I noted it on the reservation and then we mentioned it again at check in.

It was a great place to celebrate my 40th and I'm sure you DH will love it! Be certain to get a birthday button so that everyone knows. I received more Happy Birthday's on that day than I may have in the whole rest of my life! :banana:

We stayed at Poly this past Aug for our 20th anniversary and they were wonderful with little extra things. They did a wonderful job of making us feel special. That being said....I have heard hit and miss stories on this...so I honestly think it just depends on when you arrive and who you encounter. Hope your DH has a wonderful 40th bday! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter