Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

Omg!!! You're going for it! We had 1 trip where we end up at 3 hotels. We drive so we never know when we will arrive, so I hate paying deluxe for a really late night arrival. So in October 2013 we arrived at like 8-9p & stayed at ASMu for 1 night, then transferred to BC, then our last full day at BC it poured almost all day so we decided to stay an extra night (the beauty of driving) & then transferred to AKL for our last night. It was a lot of moving but it was cool to try 2 new places.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I decided since I'll probably try to stay late at MK that I don't want to pay the extra $55 to stay at POFQ on Saturday night. Plus this way I'll start at a value resort, move to a moderate, and end the vacation at a deluxe - perfect! :teeth:

Yeah, I feel the same way. I decided since I'll probably try to stay late at MK that I don't want to pay the extra $55 to stay at POFQ on Saturday night. Plus this way I'll start at a value resort, move to a moderate, and end the vacation at a deluxe - perfect! :teeth:

Makes me think of the Jeffersons TV theme, :rolleyes1 "moving on up, moving on up..."

I seem to associate everything with music!

I may need that resort changers support group! This isn't exactly a change, just an addition! I looked at airfare options today and it turns out I can get a cheaper flight leaving late Saturday morning and getting in around 6pm than if I did the red eye flight. Combined with the fact that this would mean I wouldn't have to sit rocking back and forth in misery as everyone sleeps around me - AND the fact that the MK is open until 2am on Saturday - I figured this is a no brainer! I will now be staying at Pop Century Saturday night!! :cheer2::banana::laughing:
Love it! I always support leaving a day early! And now you get THREE resorts in one trip... How cool is that?! :thumbsup2

Okay... I'm going to attempt to post my spreadsheet here...

Our plans will likely change a bit I'm sure and we'd still like to get some ADR's for different times. I finally found a BOG dinner reservation for 4:15pm but would rather have a later reservation on the following evening. I'm guessing park hours might change a bit too between now and September but here is what we have so far!

View attachment 98629
Your chart is helpful. I'm at the initial stages of planning and wasn't considering much park hopping. Still vacillating among hotels while the clock is running down.

Love it! I always support leaving a day early! And now you get THREE resorts in one trip... How cool is that?! :thumbsup2

Yep, this will be SO much better especially since MK is open until 2am on Saturday night. I'm set to arrive around 5pm so I'll get to spend my late night in the park rather than sleepless on a plane! I'm looking forward to staying at a value, moderate, and deluxe for this trip and upgrading as we go. We've only stayed at deluxes before so I'm looking forward to comparing each level and deciding which I'd like to go with on future trips.

Your chart is helpful. I'm at the initial stages of planning and wasn't considering much park hopping. Still vacillating among hotels while the clock is running down.

I'm glad my chart was helpful to you! My planning has taken a lot of twists and turns but the chart was a good starting point and I've been able to edit it as we make all of the changes.

I bought my airfare today!! I have been watching the fares for over a month now and since the price really hasn't changed I decided to just go ahead and book it. I went with Southwest since they don't nickel and dime you with baggage fees and stuff like Frontier does and the prices were similar.

Also, our fastpass booking window opened up - got an email today about that. I bought my park tickets through Undercover Tourist but am waiting for my parents to purchase their tickets this coming week before I book our fastpasses.

We've gone back and forth with our plans for the rest of the week, which is why I haven't updated this in a while. We're thinking of doing EPCOT two days in a row so I'll have another update with photos soon! :dance3:

I bought my airfare today!! I have been watching the fares for over a month now and since the price really hasn't changed I decided to just go ahead and book it. I went with Southwest since they don't nickel and dime you with baggage fees and stuff like Frontier does and the prices were similar.

Also, our fastpass booking window opened up - got an email today about that. I bought my park tickets through Undercover Tourist but am waiting for my parents to purchase their tickets this coming week before I book our fastpasses.

We've gone back and forth with our plans for the rest of the week, which is why I haven't updated this in a while. We're thinking of doing EPCOT two days in a row so I'll have another update with photos soon! :dance3:

I love that your FP+ window has opened! It means your trip is just right around the corner!

Just joining in...enjoying your pre-TR. we are going to be at WL in September. Eeve stayed at POFQ two times before. Loved everything about it! But my dad is going this time and he just loves WL.

Love to read all of your planning!

So... I've really neglected this thread for the past month due to our plans for each day constantly changing.

Some updates:

We are all set to stay the first night (Saturday) at Pop Century! MK is open until 2am that night which we're pretty excited about and Pop will just basically be a room to crash in before we move to POFQ for our next three nights. We'll end the trip with three nights at the AKL!

Our Magic Bands have shipped!

My parents finally bought their airfare today so they're all set and will arrive a couple of hours before me. We still need to set up a meeting spot in the parks - or maybe we'll just meet at Pop.

Still trying to figure out how to arrange transportation on Magical Express with us arriving at one hotel and departing from another. Might have to call about that.

We got all of the ADR's we wanted except one which I'm still hoping will open up - dinner at Le Cellier for Friday night.

We only got fastpasses for Soarin' and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Hoping we won't regret winging the rest of them.

I need to get my haircut and start slathering self tanner on my legs! I don't wear shorts here so my legs are pretty blindingly white right now! :rotfl2:

I'm thinking that instead of going through day by day anymore in this PTR, I will try to do a live trip report! I read one recently that was fun to follow and I think I'll give that a whirl.

Stay tuned - only 28 more days to go!! :jumping1:

Just joining in...enjoying your pre-TR. we are going to be at WL in September. Eeve stayed at POFQ two times before. Loved everything about it! But my dad is going this time and he just loves WL.

Thanks for joining in! We love the WL also and will definitely be setting aside time to swing by on this trip to walk around a bit and take in the atmosphere there. :thumbsup2

I love the spreadsheet... I too am I compulsive planner.

I'm glad you like it but feel like I've fallen a bit short in the compulsive planning department - or at least in relaying all of the details here. Oops! :laughing:

how to arrange transportation on Magical Express with us arriving at one hotel and departing from another.

I'm sure Disney has enough people that resort hop to know how to handle that!!

We only got fastpasses for Soarin' and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Hoping we won't regret winging the rest of them.

I totally get that you don't want to have every minute pre-planned....but.....why not book some anyway just in case? You can feel free to use them or not....and at least you have a chance at waiting less if you feel like it? Just a thought...it's free after all...

I read one recently that was fun to follow and I think I'll give that a whirl.

I LOVE reading life TR's!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter