Celebrating a 21st birthday in disney springs at midnight??

toni nicole

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if anyone has any info on whether or not anywhere in disney springs will serve my friend for his 21st. We will be in disney springs January 2nd , I believe they're open until 2 am and I was wondering if he would be able to buy a drink at midnight on his birthday which is January 3rd?

I have no idea how strict they are about ID's there. Here, many places won't take a "vertical" (under 21) ID no matter what. Even if you are technically 21, they just have a policy not to accept them. If you are worried about it, I would call before to make sure they will serve him.

Have fun!!

I have no idea how strict they are about ID's there. Here, many places won't take a "vertical" (under 21) ID no matter what. Even if you are technically 21, they just have a policy not to accept them. If you are worried about it, I would call before to make sure they will serve him.

Have fun!!
This I why I ask, where I live most places either won't i.d or will accept the vertical ones, but I have encountered a couple places that would not serve friends of mine who had been 21 for 6 months just because their i.d was vertical. It won't ruin our night tho just curious to how early he can celebrate haha!

Hi there. I had a vertical ID in Disney World and never ran into a single issue using it. I think Disney World, unlike other places, is so used to people coming from all over, that if the date is good, they will accept it.

I don't think you will have a problem, you aren't breaking any laws. Go for it, the server will probably wish him a Happy Birthday.

PS don't drink too much!

My dd used a vertical ID on our last trip without any issue, she did have a passport card as a backup (for other reasons) but she never needed to use it. Around here the first drink at midnight is pretty common so I can't imagine there will be an issue at DS.

Why wait until midnight?

mclovin_id.jpg

party:

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on whether or not anywhere in disney springs will serve my friend for his 21st. We will be in disney springs January 2nd , I believe they're open until 2 am and I was wondering if he would be able to buy a drink at midnight on his birthday which is January 3rd?

Maybe, maybe not. My nephew tried to go into a bar after midnight to get his first 'legal' drink, and the bartender would not serve him because he said that the bar was considered on the previous day during the hours from midnight to closing, and that DNephew would have to come back after opening the next day. That was in Washington State. I've had bartenders tell me that technically, that is also the law here in CT, but it's not always enforced. I don't know what Florida's law is.

I have seen many photos online of people doing exactly this - going to DS for the just after Midnight 21st birthday drink. So it must be a pretty common thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter