Celebrating 3rd birthday at WDW

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
Are there any restaurants at WDW that do something special for birthdays? We will be celebrating our daughter's 3rd birthday during our trip and I'm trying to plan something, could be a meal or something else. She's not into princesses yet. Thanks!

We celebrated our DDs 3rd birthday at Crystal Palace and they decorated the table with confetti and gave her a card signed by the characters. We had this noted on our reservation, though -- we didn't just show up and tell them it was her birthday.

We celebrated our DDs 3rd birthday at Crystal Palace and they decorated the table with confetti and gave her a card signed by the characters. We had this noted on our reservation, though -- we didn't just show up and tell them it was her birthday.

This is great. I am already planning a character meal at the Crystal Palace. Thanks!

Let me tell you what I did for my 60th birthday. Three years ago my wife and I happened to be at WDW the week of my 60th birthday. I had made reservations for the Crystal Palace for dinner. Yes, I had my Happy Birthday pin on so it was no surprise to be greeted by the girl who sat us and our server with a birthday greeting. When I went up to the buffet to get my dinner, my wife cornered our server and told her that that day was my 60th birthday. Time went by and as I was getting ready to go up for a dessert raid our table was suddenly surrounded by all of the Pooh characters. An announcement over the PA system stated" Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a very special young boy who is celebrating his 60th birthday. Help us to congratulate him as he has his own special Birthday Parade with Pooh and the whole gang". Winnie then grabbed my arm and off we went on a parade around the entire restaurant. THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. I will never forget it. I was then given a cupcake with a lit candle and a birthday card signed by Pooh and the whole gang. I don't know what characters your daughter likes but you can't go wrong with Pooh, Eyeore, Piglet and Tigger. Oh I forgot, the table when we were seated was strewn with confetti.

We took our granddaughter to CP twice for her birthday, her 3rd Birthday, and her 9th Birthday. They were even nice enough to give a card to her little sister so she didn't feel left out. The food isn't all that but the CM's are friendly and it's such a pretty restaurant.

Let me tell you what I did for my 60th birthday. Three years ago my wife and I happened to be at WDW the week of my 60th birthday. I had made reservations for the Crystal Palace for dinner. Yes, I had my Happy Birthday pin on so it was no surprise to be greeted by the girl who sat us and our server with a birthday greeting. When I went up to the buffet to get my dinner, my wife cornered our server and told her that that day was my 60th birthday. Time went by and as I was getting ready to go up for a dessert raid our table was suddenly surrounded by all of the Pooh characters. An announcement over the PA system stated" Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a very special young boy who is celebrating his 60th birthday. Help us to congratulate him as he has his own special Birthday Parade with Pooh and the whole gang". Winnie then grabbed my arm and off we went on a parade around the entire restaurant. THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. I will never forget it. I was then given a cupcake with a lit candle and a birthday card signed by Pooh and the whole gang. I don't know what characters your daughter likes but you can't go wrong with Pooh, Eyeore, Piglet and Tigger. Oh I forgot, the table when we were seated was strewn with confetti.

That does sound like the best birthday ever!! :flower1:

We did a 3rd birthday meal at Chef Mickeys two years ago. I ordered a special cake from The Contemporary bakery ahead of time. My son got a signed card from Mickey and friends. Our waitress brought the cake out to us and everyone sang Happy Birthday

CRT brought a cupcake to my 2 year old while Ariel was at our table. They were planning on lighting the candle and singing to her but she started eating it before our server got back!
14316944_10157704072745122_3914923333743048541_n.jpg

One thing to remember is what will or will not happen is dependent on the server at any restaurant. While one person might get confetti, a free dessert, a card, a song, or some other recognition, someone else in the same restaurant at the same time might get no acknowledgment at all. With thousands celebrating something at DW every day - birthday, anniversary, graduation, first visit, family reunion, engagement, honeymoon, life changing event - it is not possible for Disney to guarantee that everyone's special day is recognized individually. At some restaurants there will be a group recognition of everyone celebrating an event (i.e. they'll ask if "anyone here is celebrating a birthday?") If having a special celebration/recognition is important it is best to plan and pay for something yourself.

CRT brought a cupcake to my 2 year old while Ariel was at our table. They were planning on lighting the candle and singing to her but she started eating it before our server got back!

Wow. She's adorable!! :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter