CBR or WL

ktink

DIS Veteran
We are going in January for my 50th birthday! Just DH & I. I'm wanting to stay somewhere that we haven't stayed yet. DH received a postcard with a PIN offer. I called to have it applied to our reservation, which they were able to do so. They also have WL, BWI, BC, YC, & GF.

Out of the resorts available for the discount, CBR, WL, & YC are the only ones that we haven't stayed out. YC is more than what I want to spend for 5 nights. I love BWI but still want to go with a new (to us) resort. The skyliner makes CBR so appealing to me but I'm afraid I will miss the deluxe feel & the extra park hours. We will be there Tuesday- Sunday but they haven't released those hours yet. I'm also wondering about the skyliner closure. We will be there 1/16-1/21/24.

Our favorite parks are MK & AK but we park hop to Epcot alot for dining. Please give me the pros & cons of each.

Two of our favorite resorts. So much depends on your itinerary. We like the access to EPCOT, the Boardwalk, and Hollywood Stdiious via the Skyliner.

Having said that, it does not compare to the Wilderness Lodge and its many amenities and quick boat ride to MK. And now that the Blue boat loop is back easy access to the Bay Lake area resorts as well.

My pick would be Wilderness Lodge.

I love both of those resorts!

I would definitely pick WL to celebrate your 50th. Easy boat ride to MK and just overall a more special feel for a special trip.

WL - you get the deluxe extra hours, boat to MK, more dining options with 2 TS, 2 bars. Interior doors in one building compared to spread out nature of CBR

I’d go with WL. :)
Then you don’t need to worry or wonder about the potential Skyliner maintenance closure.

WL 10000%. The boat ride to MK, blue boat loop, extra park hours, the dining (Geyser Point at night is spectacular), and the gorgeous resort. It is my one of my favorite resorts on property.

WL. We love it and for a 50th birthday, there is tons of space to relax with a drink or snack. Now that they opened the 2nd boat route, it's a definite for me. I have not stayed at CBR, however.

We love the boat to MK and then the boat to Contemp would make monorail a possibility. If the boat is not your thing, then that changes things.

WL!!!!! DH and I just went there to celebrate our 25th this past August. It is the only resort DH will stay at. We really enjoy it. We like to take the boat to MK and often take it there to catch the monorail to EPCOT as well. It is a great place to relax and such a beautiful place to enjoy!

January weather can get very cold for Florida. The Wilderness Lodge has some nice, warm fireplaces that make a cozy atmosphere. And everything is under one roof. We love staying here during the winter months. :)

I choose WL almost anytime it is in the conversation. I’d especially choose it in January when like a previous poster mentioned, it can sometimes be coolish. Nothing is cozier than that WL lobby especially on a cooler day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter