CBR or Split Stay - CBR and BC

Hockeyfan17

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
Currently we are booked for WDW this August (24th to Sept. 1st) and are excited for our 5th trip as a family at CBR. Recently we received a pretty good deal for BC as well, but a little out of our price range for the full 8 nights. This puts us in this situation; stay at CBR for the duration of the trip, or do a split stay with CBR and BC (4 nights each) for an additional cost of about $550. The reason for BC would be convenience to Epcot and Hollywood as well as having a full day at the resort to enjoy the pool and surroundings. However, with the Skyliner in operation now, is it worth the cost or is the convenience from CBR just as good. We have park-hoppers this trip and do plan to use them to enjoy evenings at Epcot for food and drink as well as spend a little more time at HS exploring Galaxy's Edge etc. Would love to hear some thoughts on this, and if it is worth the trouble of a split stay. Thanks for your help.

I don’t think split stays are that bad. Early on the switch day, take your bags to bell check, let them know you need to transfer them to another resort and enjoy your day. It may take several hours for your luggage to transfer, so enjoy the day at the parks/pool and hopefully your bags will be there before you check in at resort #2. We’ve never had any issues, but I’ve heard some have.

Beach Club is nice, so you need to ask yourself if it’s $550 nicer. You can always cut corners on some other activities/meals/souvenirs if you really want to save Up some money and not feel guilty about the price. Some one else may have a completely different opinion.

Thanks. I agree that worth it is totally subjective, and know that we can cut on other things. There will be three kids travelling with us (15, 12, 11) and I do think that they would enjoy BC for the pool area. How much more convenient is BC (ability to walk to Epcot) than CBR to Epcot and HS? I do think it would be nice to be able to just walk into the World Showcase for dinner or drinks in the evening.

How much more convenient is BC (ability to walk to Epcot) than CBR to Epcot and HS? I do think it would be nice to be able to just walk into the World Showcase for dinner or drinks in the evening.

It used to be much more convenient, but now with the Skyliner it's much closer to equal.

That was my thought as well. With one resort day during our trip (as well as some pool time during the afternoons) I think it may be just as enjoyable and convenient at CBR.

Thanks. I agree that worth it is totally subjective, and know that we can cut on other things. There will be three kids travelling with us (15, 12, 11) and I do think that they would enjoy BC for the pool area. How much more convenient is BC (ability to walk to Epcot) than CBR to Epcot and HS? I do think it would be nice to be able to just walk into the World Showcase for dinner or drinks in the evening.

I hear what you're saying, BUT CBR's pool has two big (not one real and one of those baby ones) waterslides, excellent theming, water features, hot tubs, and the main pool is zero entry.
it's an amazing pool, and its likely your kids would have a blast there either way.

For $550 I would totally do it. I love the feel of the boardwalk, especially at night, and Beach Club is so close to Epcot that I don't think even the skyliner can compete. I especially think you'll get a lot out of it with hoppers because you can pop into Epcot regardless of where you went during the day.

The walk from BC to Epcot is not far at all. I loved that when we were at BC. We also have been thinking about a split stay. Right now we are booked at CBR. We are considering WL or BC.

I'd do the split stay but I love split stays. I love the Epcot resorts, we split stay every trip and the last part is always at one of them, lately Swan/Dolphin. The skyliner isn't a draw for us, my son is uncomfortable with heights and claustrophobic. The skyliner has been breaking down and the thought of being stuck up high in an enclosed area for longer than 5 min., nope. You will be here during F&W so being able to walk to Epcot, huge plus. The walk to HS is only about 20 min. and you can take the boat if you want (we don't) so that is a plus as well. The walk to Epcot from BC, depending on your room location can be about 5 min.

We have done many split stays between a mod/value and an Epcot resort. We love getting park hoppers and ending the evening in Epcot with a nice meal and strolling back to our resort. If you are okay with the extra $550, I say go for it!

I agree with PP's - I would do the split stay. It really isn't much trouble and staying in an Epcot resort is really nice. Walking from the BC to Epcot is so easy, it almost feels like you are staying. in World Showcase. We were in one of the rooms closest to WS and could listen to the music from the UK for our balcony. Priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter