• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR or CSR?

sjlogghe

Mouseketeer
Heading back to Disney in August. Long story short - family tradition of my mom to take all of her grandkids to Disney when they turned 5. My mom just passed away in January ... my niece turns 5 in August. So my sister and I are following my mom's tradition, and taking my niece for her 5th birthday! Emotional trip - but it will also be amazing.

It will be just the three of us - sister, me, 5 yo niece. Staying for a week. We generally stay in a moderate resort, but also since it will just be us 3, with more limited funds than my mom had on her trips, we can't break the bank either. Looking at CBR or CSR. I just stayed in CBR last week, and thought it was fine - the construction didn't bother us at all, we aren't at the resort a whole lot. I've never stayed at CSR. They are about the same price wise. POR/POFQ we've done before, however during the time we're looking at they are at least $100/night more!

Any preference between CBR and CSR? Likes/dislikes? Or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I would choose CSR in your situation. You'd have the excitement of trying a new resort and the construction at CSR is less intrusive than what's going on at CBR. In August, you'll be at CSR before they shut down the pool for refurbishment and you also stand a good chance of getting a newly refurbished room. If you book a preferred room, you'd be guaranteed a refurbished room and you'd also be pretty far from the construction. Also near the first bus stop and food court. As PP mentions, CSR is a smaller resort and with only 4 bus stops, its faster to get through them all.

CSR, I'm not a fan of CBR. I like the food options at CSR, and I think the themed pool is a lot nicer.

I prefer CSR. It has fewer bus stops and doesn't feel as spread out.
I agree with this. While I love both resorts, I'd prefer CSR due to the fewer bus stops and QS at the main pool. Its so much easier to refill your mug or grab a bite there instead of going to the main building.

Go with CSR all the way!!! Stayed at both which was awesome. But that bus loop at CBR is just way to long for me. I do want to go back once they are done are the remodel. Cause I hated that Food Tent set-up Disney truly let me down on that.

Another CSR vote - if for nothing else it will be something new for you.

AWESOME main pool, lots of dining options, good bus service, smaller than CBR or POR, three highly themed area (feels very Disney imagineered) and many newly renovated rooms look very nice.

Last edited:

Thanks for your input everyone! I appreciate it. Still haven't decided 100% where we'll be staying, but if it comes down to these 2 - sounds like we'll be choosing CSR! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter