• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR or Boardwalk?

I am headed to CBR this summer after stays at AKL and BC. I would advise you to think long and hard about having a deluxe resort if you don't want to have one forever in the future. I was very nervous about renting points after the covid mess, so I insisted on a cash room.

I wasn't a fan of beach club (I know, cue the gasps) but the location couldn't be beat for a travelling group that loves HS and Epcot. I sold CBR to the group based on the skyliner and I hope I survive the complaining. I agree with PP who said save the $600 and splurge on fun things. It will save you much more in the long run!

My vote is for BW. If you plan on rope-dropping HS and/or EP, you can walk to both of these parks and won't have to plan to be at the skyliner 90 minutes before park opening/early opening. You can plan to leave your room about 30 minutes before the early opening and you will still get there on time.

My one issue with the BW is that you have to go outside of the building to get food (except for the minimal offerings they have at the lounge). There are lots of options (and some pretty good options at that) around the BW area, but you have to go outside to get to them. This usually isn't a problem, except when it's raining/storming. Swan/Dolphin, YC and BC all have some pretty decent quick serve and sit down options for eating. If you desire donuts for breakfast, take a quick trip over to the Speedway gas station. They have pretty fresh donuts/pastries in the morning and you can get some less expensive beverages while you are there too. Orange Juice and Powerade are much cheaper here than they are at Disney shops.

Pre-Covid, I would have said CB, but now I say BW.

BW qualifies for the deluxe after hours. That's worth the price difference IMO.
Ditto this. On our last visit we could have done CBR, POR, or Swan/Dolphin for all about the same price. I will usually go with S/D for the extended evening hours and walkability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter