CBR, napping, lunching, etc

sarahandhannahsmom

Mouseketeer
Taking our first trip in September. Staying at CBR with DH, DD(6), DD (2 1/2), and myself (DW).

I've read about 2000 of theses threads and they are wonderful.

Need some input from some of you veterans:

1. I'm thinking we should stay at Martinique or Trinidad North to be close to the excitement (especially since DD (6) will love the main pool).

2. We are doing a ton of character meals. I figured since we were going to be eating anyway, we might as well dine with the stars as much as possible. My family likes buffets since the kids are often picky.

3. We are scheduled for lots of early character breakfasts (both at parks and resorts) and dinners. I have us scheduled to return to resort for lunches (decided to invest in thermoelectric cooler instead of renting a fridge) and nap for our little one. Is this the right decision. While me and the little one nap, DH and DD (6) can rent the little mouse boats, take a swim, or stay at the parks since she is the big rider.

4. Our DD (6) will have her birthday while we are there. When should we celebrate (Chef Mickey's for dinner, CRT Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare for dinner, etc.)

5. We are taking our own stroller for the 2 1/2 year old. Is this wise, since the resort is large? Any chance that the 6 year old will need a stroller?

sorry to ramble on....it's our first time and we just want it to be perfect.

Thanks.......

Just want to say welcome to the dis & i hope your family has a wonderful vacation. We stayed at CBR for the first time a few weeks ago, we stayed in aruba close to the bridge. Loved the turkey wraps at the grab and go market. <-----I think that was the name of the market in the food court. even after we changed resorts and was at CS we still went back to CBR one day for the turkey wraps.

Do you have your request for TN or Martinique noted on your ressie? You can fax your request to CBR five days ahead. I believe the fax numbers are listed at wdwig.com.

We LOVE character meals. The earlier, the better! 8:05 am is the earliest seating for breakfast. I think they still have the character breakfast buses. Anyone know? If you eat that early (on an non-EMH day), then you are done before the parks opens!! Have you made your PS's yet? If you dont' get CRT. there is the SB at Epcot.
Crystal Palace is great!

With our 5yo son ( 7 trips last year) we get to the parks SUPER early. leave around lunchtime, back to hotel for pool/naps and then back to the parks around 5pm. Epcot is really nice to walk around at night. Your six year old may need a stroller. Over that many days it's too much. If she is small enough, I would buy an umbrella stroller.

You will have a great time at CBR. I don't think your 6 yr. old will need a stroller. There will be lots for him to see as you walk along the lake.

You might want to read the thread below about CBR. If you have any questions you might want to post in that thread and you will find plenty of people that have enjoyed their stay at CBR.

Thanks for your replies. I already have PS for everything (i was able to get an 8:05 at CRT). In fact, we are probably going overboard with all the character dining (2 almost everyday), but that seems to be what the kids wanted.

I didn't request building on ressie, but I am going to fax our request 5 days ahead. Will they be able to grant more than one request? (non-smoking, etc?)

I have read most of safety moms reports and feel like i have already been there.

I guess I'll take the umbrella stroller with us in case we end up needing it for DD (6).

Biggest question now is driving vs. bus? We have our car. The CM who took our CRT ressie said we would need to drive that day since the buses don't run that early. what about other days? it seems more convenient in my mind to drive (especially since parking is free) rather than waiting for a bus, but i don't know. we are from a community in midwest where we drive everywhere and never use the bus system so i am not accustomed to buses anyway. i want to do whatever is fastest and easiest.

Also, some of our PS are at the resorts. If i am correct, we have to take the bus to a main terminal then transfer to another bus to go to a different resort. the CM always said give yourself an hour commute. Really?! Surely we could drive more quickly (ie> from CBR to Contemporary for dinner).

God, I'm rambling again.. I'm so sorry. I've turned into obsessive compulsive vacation planner (according to DH who has never planned anything.)

Thanks for your help.

Hi!!! I would drive, since you have the two strollers and you plan on getting to the parks early anyway. The signs are great there, but you really have to pay attention. When it says NEXT RIGHT, that's just what it means. CBR has a good bus system, but there are 7 stops within the resort, so it can be quite a few minutes before you actually leave the resort. The parking is convenient(right next to most buildings). When we were in TN, our car was right there and so was the bus stop! If one of you has to leave the park for some reason, one can take the bus back . Don't be surprised if your six yo ends up napping some days. They (and we) just get worn out. I love the fact that you can catch toon disney all hours in your room. I just put the tv on low and my son is OUT! Are you getting a grocery stop? I would stock up on water, juice boxes, milk boxes, soda, snacks, cut up fruits and veggies, cheese, yogurts, even candy and some treats. If you do a sit-down breakfast and dinner, you won't need much for lunch.
Make sure to pack your whole entire medicine cabinet. I'm not kidding. We have needed one thing or another every trip. Also, in your fanny packs, carry a small ziploc with a bandaid, and a pill or two of each kind. It does no good to have children's tylenol in the room if your chid starts complaining in the park.

There is lots of storage space in the rooms at CBR. I think you all will be very happy with your resort choice!

we prefer to drive too, particularly with the stroller and especially if you are planning on eating at different resorts - the only time the bus is a bit easier is to MK, as it takes you right to the park, whereas if you drive you have to go to the TTC, get a tram and then get the ferry or the monorail - but getting the ferry/monorail is quite a nice treat in itself.
At the other parks, we find it easier to drive, load up the stroller and then walk to the park, unless we are really far away we don't bother with the tram even, or my dh may walk with the stroller and dd and myself jump on the tram.

Even if you use the bus to the parks, I would drive for dinner, (unless having a drink is a big deal for you) as it is much more convenient to drive to the resorts than to attempt to change buses.

Bev

We have stayed at CBR three times in the last three years.

I would suggest taking a stroller for the younger ones and maybe renting one for the older one. This is what we do. Also, if you park hop, save the receipt for the rented one and you can get another stroller for free in the next park. This seems to work out pretty good. Also, this means that if you opt to take the bus, you only have to deal with one stroller.

All three times we have stayed we have taken advantage of the bus. The only place that we drove was to DTD. This seemed to be much quicker than taking the bus. We have also driven to the various resorts. The parking there is not as bad as at the parks.

CBR is great! I would probably request my room and be prepared with an alternative when you get there. Last year I had requested Martinique and when I got there they had us in Aruba. I then asked to be moved to Jamaica and got in. The nice thing about this island is that you walk across a pleasant walkway over an island and the food court is right there.

Enjoy CBR! The mousekeeping is excellent and the atmosphere is terrific!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter