• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR...? How is it...?

Rxchalk

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at CBR for 7 nights in Oct. This will be my wife and kids first visit to wdw. Anyone who has stayed there have any suggestions or comments...?

CBR is wonderful!!!! I suggest you read the CBR FAQ thread listed below.

The rooms are refurbished and the food court is new. Your family will have a great time at CBR.

The theming is very tropical and colorful.
The rooms are really pretty (and recently refurbished). The rooms are the biggest of the moderates, have lots of storage space and a privacy curtain in the dressing area. They have also just refurbished the food court and they have a new restaurant. Have fun!

CBR is an excellent moderate resort! You should really enjoy your stay there. Some general thoughts:

Try to stay at an island close to Old Port Royale. We stayed at Trinidad South and it took a good 10-15 minutes to walk to Old Port Royale (food court, gift shop, main pool, etc.). I recommend Martinique, if you can get in there.

The just remade the sit down restaraunt, but it looks like it has the same menu options as the old one. If it is similar to the old restaraunt, I do not recommend it. No big deal though... the food court at CBR is really nice and there are plenty of nice places to eat throughout DW.

If you feed the ducks by the beach, expect to be greeted by several more!!! ;)

Have fun!

CBR is our absolute favorite resort. Besides having to stay at a moderate (budget), I sure felt like I was at a deluxe! The only downside to me is the large size of the resort. I hate being so far from the food court/main pool & hot tub so I request the buildings next door. Some folks, however, love being FAR from the food court/main pool for the quiet. The grounds are breathtaking and there are walking/jogging/biking paths and a fun playground that my daughter loved. She also loved all of the hammocks scattered along the beach. You would think she travelled all the way to WDW just to relax in a hammock for a while! Housekeeping was also great and left us little towel animals every day and our room was awesome.
I think you made a great choice but I would definitely put in a room request depending on your taste.:D

CBR is where I took my Husband for his first stay at WDW! He loved it! It's now our favorite resort, and we're looking forward to taking our two little girls in October 2004 for their first trip!

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip! I'm sure your wife and kids will love it too! :D

As you can see from my signature, we love CBR - and you will too! It's a great moderate resort from which you can watch (over the tree tops) part of Illuminations every night :-)

CBR is a wonderful resort! I have several pages of pictures and info from our stays there in 2001 and 2002. Click on my "family vacations" link below to see pictures and comments from both years. There are separate links off the main page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter