Cava del Tequila favorites?

Lsyves

Grew up at Disney
I just started getting into tequila this year. What are your favorites at Cava del Tequila? Snacks available there too?

We didn't even go last trip because they keep changing the menu in ways we don't like. Way too much Ancho Reyes in everything and sneaking whiskey into margaritas. The old passionfruit margarita was my favorite, but it doesn't even resemble the same drink anymore (the wild passionfruit morphed into what is now the wild one).

Used to be they would only sell guac, salsa and chips. Not sure they are even selling those now. It hasn't been long since they started letting guests sit inside again. it is TINY, so there is likely no distancing.

I did the tequila tasting experience in April and it is fantastic! Also, BIG fan of the Rey Sol tequila, but been known to (over) order the Blood Orange Margarita.

Side note: You can sit inside again and they do serve the chips/queso/guac but that was a few weeks ago and things change so quickly these days. Who knows!

Has anyone tried the cucumber margarita? I've been eyeing that one. I tried one at a local Mexican restaurant and it was great and refreshing, especially when I was sitting outside with a friend on a hot day.

Has anyone tried the cucumber margarita? I've been eyeing that one. I tried one at a local Mexican restaurant and it was great and refreshing, especially when I was sitting outside with a friend on a hot day.
For me, the cucumber is great! They also used to have a tomato that was surprisingly amazing!

The cucumber is my favorite - very light and refreshing!

The cucumber is my go to but every once in a while I get the jalapeno one. This was one of our go to stops pre-Covid. My son and I loved to hop in there for some chips and guac and queso. Margarita for me and tequila flight for him. We will be there early Sept. and I'm hoping they are seating and serving the dips again.

The cucumber is my go to but every once in a while I get the jalapeno one. This was one of our go to stops pre-Covid. My son and I loved to hop in there for some chips and guac and queso. Margarita for me and tequila flight for him. We will be there early Sept. and I'm hoping they are seating and serving the dips again.

I'm planning a trip soon too and I know I'm still a little uncomfortable eating indoors, especially in such a tight space. If it's allowed, I may take my margarita to go over to the Cantina de San Angel (the quick service) and get chips and guac there. I assume the food wouldn't be as good but there might be a better chance to spread out, and you get a nice view of the lagoon! Plus tacos!

They are…well they were back when the mask rule was completely lifted. I haven’t seen anyone say otherwise since the indoor rule was reinstated, though.

Ooooo I was looking at the tomato as well! I assume it's similar-ish to a Bloody Mary?
No...I wouldn't say a Bloody Mary, though that's what I thought. It's this.... SO GOOOOD!

Attachments

• E4mh+Rj%QKOE8ahXaXbkAw.jpg
    E4mh+Rj%QKOE8ahXaXbkAw.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm planning a trip soon too and I know I'm still a little uncomfortable eating indoors, especially in such a tight space. If it's allowed, I may take my margarita to go over to the Cantina de San Angel (the quick service) and get chips and guac there. I assume the food wouldn't be as good but there might be a better chance to spread out, and you get a nice view of the lagoon! Plus tacos!

Or try Choza de Margarita. They have some nice food options.

I love the cucumber one and the avocado one. The jalapeño one is too spicy for me! This upcoming trip in a couple of weeks, I'd like to try the Neil Patrick Harris drink. Every time I see a photo of it I want to try it.

I love the cucumber one and the avocado one. The jalapeño one is too spicy for me! This upcoming trip in a couple of weeks, I'd like to try the Neil Patrick Harris drink. Every time I see a photo of it I want to try it.
We started out loving the avocado marg but the last couple of trips it seems to have gotten sweeter and less creamy. I'm not a huge cucumber fan but I'll give it a try when we go in September. If I don't like it I'm sure my DD who loves all things cucumber will take it off my hands.

They have a to go line too-I always get my drink to go. They don’t really have food other than chips/salsa/guacamole so I wouldn’t necessarily say the food is better than quick service. I don‘t like the drinks at choza de margarita nearly as much.

I just started getting into tequila this year. What are your favorites at Cava del Tequila? Snacks available there too?
Depends how much you want to spend. I really enjoyed the Santanera the last time I was in, which was a $30-$35 pour. It had a little bit of spicy-ness to it. They had a Guillermo del Toro that was amazing at about $70.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter