Cause Disembarking is so hard to do.

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
If someone had told me in 2007 after my first and/sea cruise how hard it was to get off the ship without crying and fight the blues weeks after getting home I would have told you the person who does that obviously has no life!

BOY WAS I A DOPE:thumbsup2

I swear it's like a breakup when you leave The World and the Wonder. The only saving grace is the booking we make on the ship and then the plan of attack to pay it off helps to build the anticipation until the following year!

Anyone else feel like this???:confused3

We go again in Dec 09! The most wonderful time of the year to go to the World!:cool1:

totally know what you mean!

we cruised 15 nts last time - I felt like it was home!!!!! I definately was fighting the tears as we made our way off the ship...and that was with a day at WDW ahead of us!!!!:wizard:

Every time I have left Disneyland or WDW, I have had plans to return. Those plans make it a lot easier because they give me something to look forward to.

On my cruise this August I will book a dummy reservation with the intention of rebooking to the panama canal repo in 2011. So as much as it will hurt, I will already be looking forward to something when I get off.

I know what you mean....

My 11 yr old grandson really cried on the last day, because he didn’t want the cruise to end! He asked if we ‘accidentally’ lost our passports, could we stay on?

plans to return always help but.......:sad2:yes - after our first cruise I felt very sad and almost depressed after we got home! Kinda like the old phrase "feels like I lost my best friend":grouphug:

It's even worse when they kick you off the ship the last day and it's your b'day. :sad1: :eek: That's a really horrible feeling.

I've not actually experienced that but I've been thinking about it a lot. Especially since I spend a good amount of time on here reading about cruises and learning as much as I can. I feel like I've been preparing far longer than I will actually be on the ship.
I'm trying to combat the post-cruise blues by planning something in Orlando afterwards (either Universal or Typhoon Lagoon).

t's even worse when they kick you off the ship the last day and it's your b'day. That's a really horrible feeling.

LOL!! What were they thinking! I am the one who unpack the suitcases and get the laundry done and put away when we get home. So when we came home in 2007 I was in this state of total denial and would not touch the suitcases!

About 5 days later my husband finally looked at me and was like "I need underwear sweatheart so will you please unpack":laundy: I reluctantly agreed:lmao:

We leave for 3 nights on Monday but just for the World! I love Disney at Xmas and doing a few days in the park then the cruise is awesome and I look so forward to it!:cool1:

Yep...very depressing indeed! Last week at this time I was on the Magic...I was fighting back the tears the last night and as we got off the ship. I felt so silly, just couldn't explain why I felt that way. I think I just had such an amazing time and it was truly "magical", that it was hard to think about going back to reality. Oh...A Royal Caribbean cruise line commercial was just on...makes me miss it even more! And I do not have another booked! I am sure if I did I would feel better!

LOL!! What were they thinking! I am the one who unpack the suitcases and get the laundry done and put away when we get home. So when we came home in 2007 I was in this state of total denial and would not touch the suitcases!

About 5 days later my husband finally looked at me and was like "I need underwear sweatheart so will you please unpack":laundy: I reluctantly agreed:lmao:

We leave for 3 nights on Monday but just for the World! I love Disney at Xmas and doing a few days in the park then the cruise is awesome and I look so forward to it!:cool1:

Exactly....what were they thinking?!? It was horrible.
That's very funny about not unpacking and being in denial. Maybe that's why I don't like to unpack when I get home and I just didn't know why.

We have a 4 day cruise that leaves on Father's Day and then we are doing a 12 day Baltics cruise next summer. I won't feel quite as bad getting off the ship this time. In fact, I'm even thinking of rebooking a dummy date while onboard so we can transfer the ressie to 2011 so that will make me feel even better.

We know exactly what your saying!! I never thought twice about it really until...that dreaded day arrives...you wake up and you hear the noise from outside, your back in Port Canaveral. We always choose the late dinner seating so that we don't have to go to breakfast so early and that gives us a little more time. As the saying goes...a picture is worth a thousand words...

My DD and her new best friend she met on ship...
IMG_0272.jpg

Me trying to console DD...
IMG_0274.jpg

:sad:
We know exactly what your saying!! I never thought twice about it really until...that dreaded day arrives...you wake up and you hear the noise from outside, your back in Port Canaveral. We always choose the late dinner seating so that we don't have to go to breakfast so early and that gives us a little more time. As the saying goes...a picture is worth a thousand words...

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

OMG, that is so sad!!! I am crying :sad:

I cried like a baby when I got off our first cruise. I cried when I got on our 2nd cruise, LOL!
I don't know what I will do on this one, probably cry when I get on and off. Flying home afterwards will be so hard. The only good thing is that we do live on water and we have a boat called My Two Princeses. So we could at least pretend. I need a Disney horn for our boat.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Ohhh...that is so sad!! You've got me tearing up all over again!! On our last night I overheard the woman at the dinner table next to us telling our server that her son was just crying and crying because the cruise was over...he didn't want to leave!!

On both cruises ( so far ) my DD cried and cried when she had to leave - which of course got me crying and crying. DH just rolled his eyes. I cry when I get ON the Magic too!! I am such a Disney SAP!!

On both cruises ( so far ) my DD cried and cried when she had to leave - which of course got me crying and crying. DH just rolled his eyes. I cry when I get ON the Magic too!! I am such a Disney SAP!!

I wonder if on other cruise lines people cry when they get on and off? I think not, since it is not as fun as Disney :rotfl:!

I cried when we got on the ship. We were on a four day celebrating our first anniversary. The last day, which was our day at sea, we were walking through a part of the ship, and heard the song here's to goodbye. I started bawling about how I didn't want our vacation to get over. The next morning, I cried as we walked out of the ship after breakfast. I cant wait to go again.

I felt like crying when we had to get back on the Magic after spending the day at Castaway Cay. It was such a bitter sweet day, our favorite day, but knowing you had to get off the ship the next morning was brutal. I thought they were going to have to drag DH out of the ocean and back onto the boat.....My kids cried when we got off the boat in the morning!:sad1:

So glad to know I am not alone. We did 21 days last year (6 days at WDW and a B2B) and next year we have 14 days planned with a B2B. This year we have only 10 days at WDW planned I am really going to miss the ship. I cry every time I think about not going and at the end of each vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter