Cast members need your respect

I couldn’t agree more. Just be nice!!!

This has nothing to do with Disney but my husband and disabled daugher (Down syndrome) recently went to a movie. My husband got irritated at the ticketing process, having to pick a seat, etc. and I’m sure he raised his voice because if his frustration because all he wanted to do was buy a ticket. A manager came over to him and said , you’re being rude sir. Which of course he probably was. Anyway they got in the movie and about halfway thru he turned to our daughter and said…I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have acted like that. Her response…tell them. Which he did after the movie.
Wise words from my Angel.

I used to travel a lot for business. I always told my husband to be nice to gate agents if you have trouble with a flight. They can make it far worse. He was traveling alone with an cancelled flight and was kind to the gate agent while others were yelling. Guess who got a seat on the next flight?

And finally,we were going to Johannesburg last year. I had us on the upgrade list but we were kind of far down. I smiled at the gate agent, asked how she thought we would do, she said we will see. I smiled again and walked away. A man behind me started arguing and raising his voice about his potential upgrade. Again…guess who got the upgrade? And as she handed me the revised tickets, she winked at me.

I agree with you , it's not the fault of the person in front of you for disney's issues, but I'm a bit tired of when something happens, oh we're sorry, just take your issue , go wait in that line for an hour to fix it and have a magical day. If something happened that is clearly disney's fault , tons of people may be taking extra time out of their vacation that they paid tons of money for and it doesn't hurt disney at all. If people have to wait in line to fix a disney problem, disney should be handing out bottles of water, mickey bars, something.

angry people, screaming, red in their faces and the worst attitudes I ever saw.

This describes many CMS I have encountered daily on just about every visit for 15+ years. Passive aggressively shouting commands. I get it, they have their reasons and that may be there style but I will always treat people with respect who treat me with respect. But, you cannot be disrespectful and expect me to return respect to you. I won't necessarily respond with anger or in the same manner I encountered but I am not ready to paint really anyone at WDW with that broad of a brush.

Not all guests, not all front line CMs, not all Management, etc.

Those who treat people with respect, understanding and empathy deserve it in return.
Those who do not, do not.

It may not be specific to the instances you experienced but I can say from first hand experience that it happens, at attractions and at Guest Relations.

Hospitality is a hard business....you're working when everyone else is playing and almost all of the feedback you hear is negative.

Can say once in the 30 years we have been going did we encounter a not so nice CM and it was on Big thunder mountain where my wife asked if we could have 2 rows with my son that was maybe 4 or 5 at the time and she said no get in the one row.. very uncomfortable ride BTW. We just make fun of her every time we ride.
I have seen guests being rude on many occasions. We are DVC for 20 years and there is one resort we refuse to stay at just because of encounters we have had with some that stay at the resort from when it was the original Mears transportation to ME to visiting the resort. On the other hand I can understand why some get upset -not saying it is the right way to go about things - but Disney does set high standards so they say and prices to match. I will say approaching an issue (we have had them) correctly at Disney in the right way has always resulted in a more then satisfactory resolution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter