cast member discounts?

Wow! Thank you all so much for the wonderful information! You have all been so helpful! I've still got some research to do, but I am on my way! :thumbsup2

Fairy_Tale_Bride said:
I am also curious if anyone has gone on an audition and was is involved with a character audition?

My best friend used to be a cast member at Disney. He did audition for a character and ended up taking the role of several for about 5 years. He was Tigger :tigger: , Eeyore :eeyore: , Tweedle-Dee (? or Dum), and was also the Carmen Miranda Fish in one of the parades with the Little Mermaid. I think he once told me he had to audition twice, I could always ask him the details of what was involved if you need some info. I know he had a great time working there. :teeth:

If you are an AP holder.. and then get a job at Disney.. I **think** they can "freeze" your AP. So if you have 8 months left on your AP, they can hold those 8 months for when you are no longer a cm. I have a friend who did this because he started as part time as a second job and wasn't sure how long he could manage 2 jobs.. he jumped through some hoops to get it done, he's now been a cm for 2+ years and converted to full time, so I don't know how long they actually hold it for.

Also, if you are on property, you can try going over the casting building. It's across from Downtown Disney. You can ask them about what regular in park positions are open and schedule interviews.

--h

Do the cast members get a discount for annual passes for family members?

This turned into an interesting thread!

Hopefully someone can help me with this. How hard is it to get a job at WDW?

Also if you have a degree does that make a difference at all, or more likely come into play once you have your foot in the door??

We are planning on moving from NW FL to Orlando in 4 years. By then my husband will be prior military and wants to work at WDW. I know they are running a program now hiring veterans but who knows if that will still be around then. He also has an associates and should have his bachelors by then. I hope to get a job too but his pedigree is a lot better than mine lol.

This is a VERY old thread. It's from 6 years ago.

Do the cast members get a discount for annual passes for family members?

There is a tiny discount. It's not much.

This turned into an interesting thread!

Hopefully someone can help me with this. How hard is it to get a job at WDW?

Also if you have a degree does that make a difference at all, or more likely come into play once you have your foot in the door??

We are planning on moving from NW FL to Orlando in 4 years. By then my husband will be prior military and wants to work at WDW. I know they are running a program now hiring veterans but who knows if that will still be around then. He also has an associates and should have his bachelors by then. I hope to get a job too but his pedigree is a lot better than mine lol.

If you don't care where you work or what you are doing....They are always hiring entry level cast members.

My brother works for Disney and we got a discount off of our DP and off the two restaurants we booked for our Welcome dinner and our Rehearsal dinner. He may have also gotten us a small discount for Minnie and Mickey. I dont remember how much of a discount he got though.

You should know that my DP and the characters were booked through Disney Event Planning, not DFTW. My restaurants were just booked as ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter