Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder??? Get the fog outta here!

Day 6 Part 2

Hmmm, it appears that I did not take a photo of today's Navigator, that's so unlike me! :scratchin

While Rob and Kira were up on deck 9, I showered. Rob brought this back but I don't like their pizza. :crazy2:

416.jpg

Today was the one showing of Dr. Strange that we could make it to so after swimming, Kira showered and got ready and I took her to the Club to see Captain America Origins while Rob showered. We were going to meet in the theatre when the movie started.

We got there early and Kira met up with a little girl who she had met previously in the Club. Kira is so motherly, always has been and just loves taking care of the little ones. She always watched out for her and she went out of her way during the cruise to go say hello to her if she spotted her. She called her "my little buddy", it was adorable. After we got back, I found out her name via our FB group page and her Mom said that Kira was very helpful with her daughter in the Clubs. :goodvibes

I told Kira that when she grows up, she could apply for a job on a Disney cruise, maybe work with the kids since it comes so naturally to her and that speaking French might actually help her get the job. She goes to French school and although she struggles a little bit, she can read and speak and understand another language, she doesn't know how wonderful that is! She's always complaining how she's learning all of this for nothing :rolleyes2

Kids! :p

Here they are playing together...

417.jpg

The Captain America thing seemed to be running late so I took some pics of the rest of the Club while Kira played with her little buddy :-)

418.jpg

419.jpg

421.jpg

422.jpg

Still playing...

423.jpg

Finally the show started!

Looks like this little dude is posing for me :teeth:

424.jpg

Kira got to be part of the show.

425.jpg

The movie was about to start but because she was actually part of the Cpt American show, she couldn't leave. But I didn't want Rob to be left hanging, I told her to just meet us there when her show was over.

I found Rob, who had already gotten popcorn and drinks and then the movie started. I knew Kira would never find us in the dark so I watched the movie from the back, at the exit door where I could watch for her.

She was about 10-15 minutes late into the movie but once she arrived, we went to our seats and watched. It was really good, we all very much enjoyed it, we're huge Marvel fans. I am looking forward to watching it again at home when it comes out on blu-ray so I can enjoy it without all of the distractions you find in a movie theatre onboard :rolleyes:

Back to the room where we found this...

426.jpg

We grabbed our mugs and headed for Pluto's ...umm scratch that...Pete's :rolleyes1

Kira's lunch...with some chicken strips for Rob...

427.jpg

And for moi... :lovestruc

428.jpg

And of course, our Walt Disney World cups that we bought on the Disney CRUISE :duck:

429.jpg

I took some pics at Daisy's, this is where Rob got his daily fruit fix, I never ventured over there because I only had eyes for Pete this cruise :love:

430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg

434.jpg

Back to the room to chill for a bit.

435.jpg

Tonight was Pirate Night
swordfightsmiles.gif

436.jpg

I got that dress for Kira at Walmart the day after Halloween. It was labeled "French Maid" and "Ladies, Size L"

Someone needs new glasses
glassesf.gif

:rolleyes1

We watched from the verandah as we sailed away from Nassau..

437.jpg

438.jpg

Then it was time for the Par-tay!! :jumping3:

439.jpg

Hard to see but my shirt says Haunted Mansion on it (my fave!) and had a Mickey heart, which is SOOOOOO me, plus it matched Kira's outfit...PERFECT!!!
flirtysmile3.gif

Last edited:
The kids club looks like a fun place, so cute that she found a little friend. Glad you were able to catch the movie.

The pics from Daisy's looked like there were some good choices.

Love the pirate night outfits! Yes I would say someone needed glasses when they labeled her dress. Love your top with the Mickey Heart.

Nice to see the Kids Clubs! Can't wait to have my 4-year-old playing there next month! Very sweet of Kira to befriend the little girl and look out for her.

Well that is quite the French maid costume! hahahaha! Perfect for pirate night too and your shirt matches so well!

Daisy's looks delicious! Where is it located? We're on the Wonder in November and I HAVE to get some of that!

Day 6 Part 3

We headed up to deck 9 for the Pirate Party. There were quite a few people there already in the swing of things but we found a great spot right in front of the port side hot tub, on the stairs. This allowed Kira to get a great view.

440.jpg

443.jpg

Honestly, if it wasn't for Kira, I would totally skip this party. It's great for kids but after so many Pirate Parties, I find it rather boring :scared:

I've seen it on every ship and it's pretty much the same thing. I wish they would change it up a bit.

Kira enjoyed dancing in her little spot though so it was worth it :teeth:

442.jpg

And then, of course, the best part...

441.jpg

It was now time to head down to Animator's Palate again :woohoo:

444.jpg

445.jpg

It was a little weird that we didn't have a pirate night menu but I am totally okay with that :rolleyes:

My pirates :lovestruc

446.jpg

And the old switcheroo again...

473.jpg

Notice Kyle & Mistie Knight, in the background pixiedust:

Can anyone guess what Kira had for dinner???

No????

You need to go back and re-read this report then :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

447.jpg

She devoured her salad, once again and abandoned us for the Club. :goodvibes

448.jpg

I should mention here that after our first dinner, while I was distracted or talking to Kira (cus I never heard him!) he had asked Maria to bring me extra ice every night. What a babe, he is!!! :love1:

I'm an ice girl, in case you haven't read any of my previous trip reports :p

And every night, she brought me this...

449.jpg

:cloud9:

Rob's soup...

450.jpg

And mine...

453.jpg

I always look forward to my baked potato soup, I often ask for a second bowl but this was just mediocre. :scared:

I also ordered the Purseittes, which, in the past, I have found rather disgusting, despite everyone and their freakin' dogs loving these things :sad2:

I first had them on the Dream, ick :scared:

Then I had them on the Fantasy :crazy2:

Last year on the Magic, I think the entire table ordered them o_O

Just before I left, my friend Nancy had texted me something like "Make sure you order the Purseittes!" to which I replied...

tongue_smiley20.gif

And yet, there I was, in AP and found myself ordering them again. I figured that Rob could try them, he likes way more food than I do ::yes::

451.jpg

So I took a small bite and...

Hmmmm...not bad, actually! :scratchin

I gave one to Rob and after he tried it he did this...

:crazy2:

:laughing:

So I ended up finishing them! I even got proof, so that Nancy could see! ::yes::

452.jpg

Rob got a salad next and here is Aaron pouring his dressing for him...

454.jpg

455.jpg

I got this...with a side of the mashed tatoes

456.jpg

459.jpg

And Rob got this...

458.jpg

And Aaron accidentally brought us this but we didn't eat it...

457.jpg

I am going to end this chapter here because there is a story I would like to tell but I just don't have the time right now. :cool:

Stay tuned for...

"What are you having for dessert babe?"

"Ooohhh, I am way too full!!"

Last edited:
Day 6 Part 4

By the end of the meal, before the dessert menu even appeared, Rob was talking about how full he was. Now normally, this guy can pack it away, like you wouldn't believe but this past Spring, he got invisalign braces because his teeth are too crowded. Because of the braces, he eats a LOT less, mostly just because it's such a pain due to the braces. He's even lost about a dozen pounds since he got them!

So, while his brain still thinks he can eat like crazy on a cruise ship, his body was telling him otherwise. :rolleyes1

The funny thing though was that before the dessert menu appeared, he was telling me that he couldn't possibly have dessert! He told Aaron that I was going to have to roll him back to our room. :rolleyes:

So while I was perusing the dessert menu, I was trying to pick something that we could possibly share so that he could enjoy a little dessert but not overindulge.

460.jpg

Before I had even brought up that option to him, Aaron showed up to take our dessert order and before I could even get a word out, Rob said to him "I will take the Pudding, the Sundae and the Pie!"

:scared1:

I was like, ummm, what happened to me rolling you out of the restaurant??? :rolleyes:

I ordered the cheesecake as it was one of my favourite desserts on my previous two cruises.

Right after we ordered, we received a message on the app saying that Kira had checked out of the Club and was headed back to the room. Since we had just ordered, I figured I would ask Kira if she wanted to join us for dessert.

I ran upstairs to our room to find these...

461.jpg

462.jpg

Kira didn't feel like joining us back in Animator's. I told her that she could stay in the room by herself as long as she didn't go near the verandah or leave the room. She agreed and I returned to the restaurant.

It was the first but not last time we let her stay all alone in the room. :p

I snapped this pic, which is sadly, the only photo I took of AP, other than the ones I took from our table during our dinners there.

463.jpg

Just as I had arrived, so did these...

464.jpg

466.jpg

467.jpg

And my brownie cheesecake...

465.jpg

Sadly, my dessert was not good at all :crazy2:

And I was really looking forward to that one too :sad: I ate two small bites and pushed it away.

Rob seemed quite happy with his choices :rolleyes1

I asked Aaron if he had any chocolate chip cookies that I could bring back to the room for Kira and not only did he return with some cookies, he also brought some milk! :worship:

468.jpg

So, although I didn't physically have to roll him out of the restaurant, Rob was extremely full!

Like 4 month food baby full :scared:

Kira was VERY happy with her little surprise dessert! :love:

469.jpg

Oh and she did not eat all of those cookies LOL! We put three of them away in a ziploc for the next day as they were not easy to find this cruise!

She also enjoyed a second note from Louise.

471.jpg

472.jpg

Kira had wanted to go swimming again so she got dressed and we went up to deck 9 to find the family pool closed. It still had the cover over it from the Pirate celebrations :sad1:

470.jpg

Really, DCL?

So, zero chance of any swim for her tonight, no matter how early we got there :(

I was really looking forward to another swim with my girl, a good pirate movie on the big screen and another pretzel. :worried:

Back to the room where Kira went to bed and I poured over the Navigator for the next day.

Poor Rob was really not feeling well now, clearly regretting those three desserts o_O

Last edited:
Day 6 Part 2

Hmmm, it appears that I did not take a photo of today's Navigator, that's so unlike me! :scratchin

While Rob and Kira were up on deck 9, I showered. Rob brought this back but I don't like their pizza. :crazy2:

416.jpg

Today was the one showing of Dr. Strange that we could make it to so after swimming, Kira showered and got ready and I took her to the Club to see Captain America Origins while Rob showered. We were going to meet in the theatre when the movie started.

We got there early and Kira met up with a little girl who she had met previously in the Club. Kira is so motherly, always has been and just loves taking care of the little ones. She always watched out for her and she went out of her way during the cruise to go say hello to her if she spotted her. She called her "my little buddy", it was adorable. After we got back, I found out her name via our FB group page and her Mom said that Kira was very helpful with her daughter in the Clubs. :goodvibes

I told Kira that when she grows up, she could apply for a job on a Disney cruise, maybe work with the kids since it comes so naturally to her and that speaking French might actually help her get the job. She goes to French school and although she struggles a little bit, she can read and speak and understand another language, she doesn't know how wonderful that is! She's always complaining how she's learning all of this for nothing :rolleyes2

Kids! :p

Here they are playing together...

417.jpg

The Captain America thing seemed to be running late so I took some pics of the rest of the Club while Kira played with her little buddy :-)

418.jpg

419.jpg

421.jpg

422.jpg

Still playing...

423.jpg

Finally the show started!

Looks like this little dude is posing for me :teeth:

424.jpg

Kira got to be part of the show.

425.jpg

The movie was about to start but because she was actually part of the Cpt American show, she couldn't leave. But I didn't want Rob to be left hanging, I told her to just meet us there when her show was over.

I found Rob, who had already gotten popcorn and drinks and then movie started. I knew Kira would never find us in the dark so I watched the movie from the back, at the exit door where I could watch for her.

She was about 10-15 minutes late into the movie but once she arrived, we went to our seats and watched. It was really good, we all very much enjoyed it, we're huge Marvel fans. I am looking forward to watching it again at home when it comes out on blu-ray so I can enjoy without all of the distractions you find in a movie theatre onboard :rolleyes:

Back to the room where we found this...

426.jpg

We grabbed our mugs and headed for Pluto's ...umm scratch that...Pete's :rolleyes1

Kira's lunch...with some chicken strips for Rob...

427.jpg

And for moi... :lovestruc

428.jpg

And of course, our Walt Disney World cups that we bought on the Disney CRUISE :duck:

429.jpg

I took some pics at Daisy's, this is where Rob got his daily fruit fix, I never ventured over there because I only had eyes for Pete this cruise :love:

430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg
434.jpg

Back to the room to chill for a bit.

435.jpg

Tonight was Pirate Night
swordfightsmiles.gif

436.jpg

I got that dress for Kira at Walmart the day after Halloween. It was labeled "French Maid" and "Ladies, Size L"

Someone needs new glasses
glassesf.gif

We watched from the verandah as we sailed away from Nassau..

437.jpg

438.jpg

Then it was time for the Par-tay!! :jumping3:

439.jpg

Hard to see but my shirt says Haunted Mansion on it (my fave!) and had a Mickey heart, which is SOOOOOO me, plus it matched Kira's outfit...PERFECT!!!
flirtysmile3.gif
How cool is Kira, looking out for a little one in the kid's club? Awesome! I love your piratety outfit I need that t-shirt lol! Your TR is the bombdotcom.

we bought the halloween bucket and a generic bucket. I loved that the refills were so cheap and we love popcorn. Claire has to have it for every movie we ever see...well I like to as well. LOL. But she realized on our last cruise together they had popcorn and Skip bought the expensive little cup each night. We brought these to almost every show and filled them both and they hit the spot! We only got the generic one first, but then saw later they were selling the Halloween one and we had to have that one as they were sold out at the party before we boarded.

Rob and Kira are just like you and Claire, they need popcorn for every single movie :p I'm actually shocked he didn't buy the Chewbacca mug :rolleyes:

Great new installments! Kiras picture with the sunset (?) is gorgeous! And I love your blue/purple-ish shirt!

I hate sauna and can't stand the wet heat - not even for 5 minutes. But this Frozen sauna I would love to join in. It's all about the guests...:lmao:

Thanks! I did love that pic of her too :love::love:

Hahaha, his family was in that other door :rotfl2:

What a wonderful Christmas! You'll be able to look back on those memories for a long time.

For sure!!! I will forever remember that Christmas, one of the best :goodvibes

Sounds like a really lovely and super relaxing Christmas day. So sweet to see her so happy that night.

It totally was a fun and relaxing Christmas with the very best ending :cloud9:

It is so great to read about how you were actually able to enjoy Christmas day again! I was so sad when I read your introduction about how how Christmas has become such a difficult day for you since losing your own mother. It is so wonderful that for once you were able to be just happy with your family!

Awww, thank you sooo much :hug:

I had to catch up today - but what a fun read!! So many thoughts. :)

I totally forgot about your embarkation hullabaloo until I read about it in the report; WOW WOW WOW. What a MESS. It was so sweet of you to bring candy and treats for the cast members; I bet they had a stressful day. And how odd to do all the Sailaway Party and all that at the "right" time, even though people still weren't onboard...interesting!
Your FE gift is SO CUTE! I have to think of a FE for my cruise in March. I have a few ideas, but I've gotten lost in the deep, dark hole of Etsy and Pinterest. I just need to pick something. :rotfl2:

Christmas day looked SO FUN! And I totally think it's good that you sent Christmas 2017 vibes into the Universe....you never know! :) In fact, just after I read that in your TR, I went and looked at the cruises around Thanksgiving. It's honestly not that bad, if I stay in an Inside room. Hmmmm.....might have to do that this year!

Thanks for posting information too about the religious services on Christmas Day...I was always curious about that so thanks for the info!

Kira is just precious - so sweet. I love all her adorable animal friends. I will have to keep my eyes open for fun Stitch toys. :)

I bet Kira felt like a real grownup lady, being able to check herself out of the kids clubs! How fun!

As always, loving your TR...I love seeing all the fun times you guys had!

Hahahah, I love your thoughts :goodvibes

I'm sure you will come up with something great for your March cruise :thumbsup2

I will be STALKING the benefit page come October, I tell ya :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

They also had the Midnight Mass Christmas Eve. Rob and Kira attended that one because they didn't want to have to get up early that morning :rolleyes:

Man, did she LOVE the check-in/out thing! She did feel very grown-up and it got even better as the cruise went on. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting :hug:

Wow, that doesn't really encourage me to explore Nassau. We've done one other Disney cruise (4 night Dream) and stayed on the ship for the Nassau day. We've been debating if we do the same next month or if we go to like the Pirate Museum or something. At least it's our last day, so we'll know by then if we want more time on the ship vs. getting off at Nassau.

I think if it hadn't been Boxing Day, we would have done the Pirate Museum and possibly walked over to the Queen's staircase. Definitely worth exploring at least once. ::yes::

:wave: Found this TR yesterday and caught up today. Really enjoying reading all about your cruise!

I can understand how you feel about Christmas, I lost my mom the day before my 29th Birthday, so Birthdays are hard for me sometimes. Holidays are hard too but I just try to focus on good memories to get through them.

Crazy with all the birds in Galveston, but it looks like a nice place. I definitely consider cruising from there in the future. That was a nice beach across from your hotel, too bad it was so gray and yucky while you were there (that part would make me feel right at home, LOL, we rarely get any sun here in Western NY in the winter.

Sorry it was such a bad day getting on the ship but it sounds like it has been better since then.

I had been to Nassau a couple times and I really have not much desire to go back there, if I was on a cruise there, most likely I would either do a beach day at one of the resorts or just stay on the ship.

Funny that you are docked next to the NCL Gem, we were on that ship back in 2013.

Awwww, that's even tougher being so close to your birthday :sad1: :hug:

I love gray and yucky so sounds funny but it was PERFECT for me! It was warmer than it looked in the pics too :goodvibes

Yup, I concur with Nassau! One day I will get to Atlantis though :rolleyes:

It was weird because when we looked out onto Nassau from deck 4, there was no other ship. Then we got dressed, put sunscreen on and disembarked and there she was :p

Absolutely not! :rotfl::thumbsup2 We are actually booked on that cruise, :hyper: so we have been reading your review with great interest. We have done two Disney cruises (Halloween and regular), but not a Christmas cruise, so your review has been great so far for finding out what happens on board, what extras go on and little hints and tips that we have already squirreled away for later this year!

Bring on the next trip report update! :goodvibes

Nice! I am a little (read a lot) jelly!! :tilt: I hope we join you :rolleyes1 :cool1:

Glad the report is helping you :goodvibes

Hi Cass!

I just found your report! I am loving it so far!!

I have to say after 3 visits, I am just not impressed with Nassau at all. We were there last October and it just felt dirty and nasty. We did a little bit of wandering, but because it was a Sunday, so many things were closed. Then we ended up in a part of town that just didn't feel safe at all, so we went and grabbed a drink at Senor Frogs and went back to the ship. We went to Amber Cove and Grand Turk after that, and after experiencing better ports, I realized even more how gross Nassau is!

Oh, and that Welcome to The Bahamas sign makes me so sad. The first time we went, there were only a handful of stickers on it, but now it is so covered and it just looks so junky now! I still get pictures of it, but it makes me sad how junked up it looks.

Hi TLC371:wave2:

Yeah, that welcome sign is interesting :scratchin

This visit was way better than my last visit in February! We were the only ship in port and I went to the Straw Market solo and there was almost no one else on that entire street! I didn't even feel safe enough to walk into the HRC store!!! :sad2:

Thinking about your mom and realized we have that in common. We lost my dad on 12/12/2012 so the holidays are tough on us as well. I think this is a really good idea for a future Christmas break! Now I just need to convince my mom, wife, and kids :)

We have been to Atlantis a couple of times but won't go back. I didn't find it as nice as most Disney hotels and it was really expensive. We no longer even get off the ship when going to Nassau.

Awww sorry to hear that :sad1:

I lost my dad in January 11 years after I lost my mom, it's so tough :(

Definitely try to convince them, it was nice to be distracted with fun ;) :goodvibes

Somehow I didn't get alerts and got behind, finally caught up and waiting for more :hyper:
Glad you had a good Christmas! My grandmother passed away this year just before my mom's birthday and Thanksgiving. My mom was definitely not herself for Christmas... Hope that Fantasy 2017 cruise works out for you!

My husband says the same thing, he rarely gets alerts :scratchin

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother :sad1: :hug:

I hope so too :woohoo:

We were in Nassau on our 2010 Wonder cruise and did a sightseeing bus trip with a visit to Fort Fincastle. That was okay, but I wouldn't do it again. I took a lot of pics and after the vacation I really wondered why the heck I took a ton of pictures at this bus trip but much less of the beautiful Wonder itself (herself?) and being onboard. That really bummed me out.
We also did a glass bottom boat tour in Nassau. But that was pretty good.:fish:

HAHA, too funny about the pics! :rotfl2:

I think an excursion is definitely the way to go at this port :thumbsup2

Just found your trip report, we were on the Wonder for NYE just after you departed. I had the same experience with my 9 year old and the check in/out of the kids club. When we first boarded it was like "NO WAY" but by the end of the trip we wished we had done it because he knew the ship better than we did. We started letting him go back and forth from our cabin to his cousin down three decks below and he did great every time. I love seeing all the holiday decorations because they were GONE completely by the time we boarded the ship! I'm sorry you guys got delayed boarding, but the bright side is at least you guys got out that evening - I have a friend on board this week and they boarded even later, and did not depart until the next morning! The fog will definitely make me hesitate to book out of Galveston again. Thanks for a great trip report!

LOL, too funny with your 9-year old! :cool1:

Yup, they were being removed before we even left the ship :eek:

Yes, I heard about that cruise, they didn't leave until 7:30 I think? We left about 6:30 ish. At least they all got an OBC :thumbsup2

I would still leave from Galveston, I loved it! BUT if we were delayed again, I would pay the extra cost to valet the car, I will never go through that hassle again!!! :crazy2:

Only a Billion in Canadian $....Bargain!!!!

That really is super gross. So was the parade ending then when you got there? People are pigs, but the grossest thing to me is that you were smelling urine on top of all that! ICK!!!!!

Yup, by the time we left, they were just ending it. Yup, it was so gross, Jen! The smoke plus the urine plus the garbage everywhere :sick:

LOVE it so far! I like the ticket present too- so hilarious

Thanks! Yeah, that was a good moment. My eyes were swelling up :rolleyes::lovestruc

Great trip report! We will be on the wonder in 2 weeks (our 1st cruise)! I am so excited!

I noticed that there was closed captioning on the funnelvision movie. Are all movies on board closed captioning?

Thanks!

Wow! First cruise!!! I am excited for you!!!party:

Have a great time!

All the ones they played on the Funnel Vision screen were CC, which I have never personally seen before.

The kids club looks like a fun place, so cute that she found a little friend. Glad you were able to catch the movie.

The pics from Daisy's looked like there were some good choices.

Love the pirate night outfits! Yes I would say someone needed glasses when they labeled her dress. Love your top with the Mickey Heart.

Yes, some very good choices there at Daisy's. I never made those good choices but they were there :laughing:

Thanks, I think it's my fave top now ::yes::

Nice to see the Kids Clubs! Can't wait to have my 4-year-old playing there next month! Very sweet of Kira to befriend the little girl and look out for her.

Awww, 4 is a great age, they will love it!!!

Yeah, she's a good, sweet kid...97% of the time :rolleyes1

Does the Magic has the build your own bowl? Anyone knows?

I was on the Magic last February and I didn't see it but that was almost a year ago now so they could have added it :thumbsup2

Well that is quite the French maid costume! hahahaha! Perfect for pirate night too and your shirt matches so well!

Isn't it??? :rotfl2:

I liked that we matched :goodvibes

Daisy's looks delicious! Where is it located? We're on the Wonder in November and I HAVE to get some of that!

Right at the kids pool, close to AFT elevators :thumbsup2

Deck 9 near Cabanas

Thanks, I was very late to this party to answer :rolleyes: :laughing:

Well, I guess everyone is allowed their own opinion. :rotfl:

I'll take your pasta.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH! Hey, I did enjoy it this time :flower:

Great trip report! How fun to spend Christmas on board.

How cool is Kira, looking out for a little one in the kid's club? Awesome! I love your piratety outfit I need that t-shirt lol! Your TR is the bombdotcom.

Yeah, I love how motherly she can be...although she also likes to tell people what to do, so maybe too motherly :rolleyes2 :laughing:

Thank you!!! :blush: :hug:

So did the fireworks go off early..before dinner? Was that because of it being a Christmas cruise or is that how the Wonder does it?
I totally am cracking up over Rob's dessert.

Just got caught up - great pictures and updates! I am completely with you on the pool closing times and definitely think people would use them if they stayed open later!

Ahhhhh, that picture of Rob sitting on the verandah reminds me of one my favorite things to do on a cruise. Usually, our last sea day is spent out there…..all day!

Pretzels!! They had the pretzels! Yes, I jumped the gun but those things are worth jumping for. Was there any dipping cheese for those? I can’t remember if I had that or mustard on mine, but yes, those things were awesome!

Love the pic of Kira in Nassau in front of the Wonder with her arms outstretched. She looks like a little movie star with those sun glasses. LOL

Ooooooh, Black Truffle Pursiettes! My favorite from our cruise besides the Sea Bass! I think I got a lot more than you did though. Maybe because I ordered them as my dinner instead?? Will you order them again in the future?

Day 7 Part 1

Once again I did not make it to watch the sun rise :guilty:

People walking/talking in the halls until the wee hours of the morning and then waking up at 5am with a terrible headache was the ritual almost every day this cruise :scared:

I have stayed right AT the elevator on several cruises and I've never heard half the noises I heard on this cruise!

Here's today's Nav before I forget!

477-2.jpg

We did wake up to this...

474.jpg

which makes everything better :cloud9:

The last time I was here, in February last year, it was so windy that everything was closed! No beaches, no water, no excursions, all closed! It was soooo weird!

Took awhile to drag my kid out of bed but once she heard me say "Oh look, Castaway Cay!" she jumped out of bed and onto the verandah with me. :p

475.jpg

I was still kind of full from the night before so I didn't feel like eating this morning.

I woke up Rob and he wasn't looking too good. :sick:

I sent him and Kira to grab a quick breakfast at Cabanas while I slathered on the sunscreen and got our beach bag ready.

Let me just say that while I LOVE Castaway Cay, I would be okay if we skipped it. It's always so hot and of course the activities are out in the sun...two things that not only can I barely tolerate but also that can make me very ill. Before Kira it was easier, we would hit up Serenity Bay, lay in a hammock in the shade and every once in awhile, go for a quick swim to cool down.

The last few times we've spent the day at the very crowded family beach. Normally Kira plays in the sand and ocean for a few hours and then we head back to the ship early. I try to stay in the shade as much as possible but I also enjoy spending time with my kid doing fun things.

This would be the first time she can use Pelican Plunge. Well, she could have done it last time but she chose not to.

Rob and Kira came back from breakfast and Rob looked like Death Incarnate. He said he barely ate and was feeling horrible.

When I asked him if he would like to stay in bed and meet us at the beach later, he looked hugely relieved. He felt bad for not joining us but I knew it was the best thing for him.

Now, the original plan was to head towards a shaded chair close to Pelican Plunge and I told him not to bother to bring his phone because he didn't need it. I had mine for pics and Kira wouldn't be leaving us.

Remember that detail for later :rolleyes1

I told him that we were going to hit the slides first then we will be in the ocean/sand for a couple of hours, so he could just find us there, close to Pelican Plunge.

I slathered Kira in sunblock and we headed off the ship.

476.jpg

Look who we found :yay:

477-1.jpg

477.jpg

478.jpg

479.jpg

Found some chairs under an umbrella very close to PP, dropped our stuff and headed out towards Pelican Plunge before the lines got long.

Right after we got off the ship, Kira had noticed the sign that warns you of all the stuff like sharks and other sea life. It basically covers Disney's butt if something ever happened.

Yeah, well she noticed it RIGHT away :rolleyes:

She asked me about the sharks and barracudas but then she asked me what sea lice were. I told her she had nothing to worry about but she pressed me about the sea lice. I said "Don't worry about it, I don't even think it's the right season for sea lice."

She pressed futher "Okay, but if there WERE sea lice, what do they do?"

"Sometimes nothing! Sometimes, it feels like a little pinch on your skin. But seriously, don't worry about it!"

We got into the water, which was cold at first but we both easily adapted to it and three seconds into the water she says "I think I got just bit. Yup, three times already, on my leg!"

o_O

:rolleyes2

I told her that it was all in her head but my poor little worry-wart was freaking out a little. She was walking really slowly, looking down, trying to see in the water. :worried:

We finally made it to the platform and we did the open slide first, which she actually loved but then she was not happy about it being in salt water.

I asked her if we could go back and do the other one, the enclosed one. At first she said no, she doesn't like enclosed slides but I told her that we came ALL the way here and I didn't want her to regret not doing the other one. She agreed and we went back to the platform.

She did not like it but at least she didn't freak out like I thought she would! :tiptoe:

I told her that I was done but if she wanted to go again that I would wait for her. She did the open one and got some salt water up her nose and said she was done!

On the way out of the water, we spotted a couple little fish, which I think she liked but it also reminded her that there could be other things in there :rolleyes2

I asked her if she wanted to go play in the sand/ocean and she said yes. I started to swim out into the deeper water and she didn't want me to go. I asked her to come with me but every step toward me, she freaked out a little bit more. She said she had stepped on something, which I assured her was just a shell or some coral but it frightened her. :sad1:

I asked her if she would come with me if I carried her and she said yes!

I scooped her up and assured her there was nothing down there, the water is so clear you can see right down to the sand.

She said "I know but my brain is making me think that there is something all over my body and I really don't like it!"

I rocked her in my arms, tried to calm her fears for her but it wasn't working. We went back to shore and she asked to play in the sand. I told her that I needed to find some shade pronto so she would have to play alone.

I grabbed my phone and took a couple of pics before heading back to our chairs in the shade.

480.jpg

481.jpg

There were kids around, I had hoped she would make some friends and enjoy the beach for a couple of hours before Rob could join us.

This was my view...

482.jpg

I barely laid down and she joined me!

483.jpg

Poor kiddo wasn't having much fun. :sad1:

We sat there, chatting for a bit and then she asked me if she could check out Scuttle's Cove, because of that note that Louise had left her and also could we check out the stores.

In my 8 times at Castaway Cay, I had never even ventured over to Scuttle's Cove, never needed to!

I didn't want to leave because we hadn't even been there an hour yet and I told Rob that we would be here! Although originally, I told him not to bring his phone, I thought for sure, since our plans had changed that he would bring his phone, or at least check it before he left the ship.

I texted Rob, updated him with the new plans and then updated him every time we changed locations.

We looked at the one store and then walked over to the first beach where Scuttle's Cove was.

She enjoyed Castaway Cay and said "Now THIS is how you make an island!"

Out of the mouth of babes :p

484.jpg

485.jpg

Then we hit the other store...

486.jpg

She spotted some stuffies and begged and pleaded with me to get her the turtle. :rolleyes1

I told her to go check out Scuttle's Cove, eat and then we will talk about the turtle :rolleyes:

Found Goofy!

487.jpg

488.jpg

489.jpg

It was only 20 minutes until lunch and we were both hungry so I told her I would be back in 20 to get her.

I found the covered area that overlooked Scuttle's and watched for Rob. I hadn't heard back from any of my texts. :(

490.jpg

Grabbed her at 11:30 and headed for Cookie's BBQ.

491.jpg

492.jpg

493.jpg

My hot dog was terrible and she didn't care for her lunch either. Not even the cookie tasted as good as the ones on the ship. It was huge, but not nearly as good!

I asked her if she wanted to go back to the beach or something else and she said "No, I just want to go to the pool and the slides on the ship, where there's no salt in the water!"

Back to the store first, where I got a t-shirt, her a t-shirt and her turtle.

I know...SUCKER!!! :rolleyes1

:lmao:

We passed by this and I told her that Daddy was going to be sad he missed out on pineapple ice cream! She asked if we could bring him some back LOL!

Ummm, no :laughing:

Sweet kid though :goodvibes

494.jpg

Mt. Rustmore...more like Mt. RustNOmore now!
495.jpg

Oh look, proof that I was actually here, Kira insisted! :rotfl2:

496.jpg

497.jpg

498.jpg

499.jpg

500.jpg

We headed back onto the ship, back to our room crossing our fingers that Rob was still in bed!

Last edited:
Finally catching up with your report as we just got back from our Fantasy cruise on Saturday.

Stitch is my absolute favourite too - we watched the movie twice on Funnel Vision on this cruise and I bought a Stitch stuffie for myself :rotfl2: Your daughter has good taste ;-)

But mom.....how could you NOT LOVE truffle pursiettes?! Oh. My. GAWD. ALL the yum. :jumping1: teehee

Christmas looked lovely, what a way to spend it! Heavenly :)

So all that garbage in the streets in Nassau was from the parade? Or does it always look like that? :confused3:confused::cool:

Well I hope Rob was ok on CC day, guess we shall see....

Happy to catch up with your report, we just got off the Wonder on Friday and got to experience the fog delay for ourselves, but we still had a great time and reading your report is helping to relive our trip!

Day 7 Part 2

We walked into our stateroom and.......

No Daddy :sad1:

Hmmm, maybe he's just getting something to eat :scratchin

So I tell Kira to look for his phone.

If we don't find it, that means he has it and probably checked his chat messages. So we're looking all over the place...no phone!

So, there's a little hope that he's still on the ship ::yes::

I was starving and Kira wanted pool time so I went to grab my wallet from the safe so I could put my photo ID back and there was Rob's phone :worried:

CRAP!!!

sigh.gif

This means that he is, indeed, on the island somewhere, looking for us. :sad2:

I felt so bad because I'm the one who told him to leave his phone here (although in my defense, that was before he decided to stay in bed :rolleyes:) but also because I knew he wasn't feeling very good and I felt so much guilt thinking about him wandering the island looking for us, where we told him we would be. :sad1:

Kira got a little worried and started asking me questions like "Is he going to be okay? Are they going to leave Daddy behind? Is he going to get lost?"

My little worry-wart :(

I told her that Daddy will be just fine, he will eventually come back on the ship when he can't find us and the very worst thing that will happen is that he will be Mr. Grumpypants when he finally finds us :rolleyes:

I left him a note on the bed saying we would be at the family pool area.

I told Kira that I needed to eat something and that she was free to do slides/pool while I ate at a table and then I would join her in a chair near the pool so I could watch her. I know she's 10 and a good swimmer and there's lifeguards at the pool but I still always worry and prefer to be where I can check on her every few minutes.

I grabbed this and didn't have to wait in a single line, just walked right up!!! :love:

501.jpg

I say that because almost every other time I have gone to Pete's there has been a small to huge line! I was livid one day (can't remember which day?) when I was about 10 people back in line and then the line just grew to another dozen or more, it wrapped around all the way to where the Twist & Spout Slide exit was and people in front of me kept yelling back to family members who were behind me in the line, asking them what they wanted!! No wonder this line was taking so long!! This one guy had already ordered his food and was waiting for it and kept ordering more and more as his family arrived and shouted their orders!! :mad:

HOW RUDE!!!! >:(

I would never even think of doing that!!! I would tell them to wait in the line like everyone else!!!

The lady behind me, wanting just one single hot dog wiener for her little kid also thought it was tremendously rude. Some people just have zero respect and thoughtfulness for anyone but themselves!

My lunch was a million times better than what I found on the island :worship:

I quickly found Kira over at the pool, all by herself, watching one of my favourite Disney movies, The Incredibles.

When she was much younger (and I brainwashed her with Disney movies) she would latch onto one movie at a time and watch it over and over and over and over.

Thankfully, The Incredibles was one of those movies :p

So she swam while we both watched it for the 743rd time :rolleyes:

502.jpg

When we first got there, there was no one else there! She LOVED that!!:love: :cloud9:

She went back and forth from pool to hot tub...

503.jpg

Not too long after we arrived, a few other kids had joined her in the pool. I had noticed that she seemed to be chatting with one of them! Kira doesn't make friends too easily. She finds most kids too mean for her so she usually only befriends really kind, sweet kids.

She ended up making friends with (let's call her) E and this friendship would last the rest of the cruise :lovestruc

E was a little younger than her but just as sweet! And I was so glad she found a buddy! And she was from Hawaii, which was ironic because I was wearing my Maui shirt :p

It was right about then when I saw my hubby! Apparently, he had made it to Pelican Plunge beach and watched/waited for us for like 90 minutes o_O

And he still wasn't feeling good :worried:

He wasn't grumpy at all and he felt bad that he missed Castaway Cay with us.

We talked about how he was feeling and what he was describing sounded like gas to me. I get horrible gas pains sometimes, like bent over in agony kind of pain :(

I told him that I would grab him some Gas-X from our little medical kit that I always bring with us. He grabbed a snack for himself and headed back to the room to take the meds and get some more rest.

504.jpg

I think I went and got Kira an ice cream too..look no one there!

505.jpg

And then back to the pool. I had to switch sides when the sun moved too far over. We must have been there for 2-3 hours! It was lovely though, I was in the shade, it wasn't too hot and my kid was having a blast with her new friend.

Looky looky who I found :lovestruc
506.jpg

I think Kira and E asked if they could go to the Club together. We found E's dad and he said it was okay but they needed to grab some lunch first.

We headed down to the aft elevators and noticed that E was following us too. We all went down to deck 6 and then we went starboard and they went port....

but they were going the wrong way, so once they realized this, they followed us. Then Kira said "That's us, those lights" and E's dad said to me "You guys are the lights? We're neighbours then!"

:P

So Kira finally meets a friend and it turns out they are next door to us??!!!

HAHAHA! Too funny! :D

It's too bad they didn't meet 4 days ago :rolleyes1

Kira and I took turns in the shower and then she puts on her new t-shirt from CC, a Stitch tee :lovestruc

She asks me if she can go get a cookie by herself and she returns with this :rotfl2:

507.jpg

E is now ready and we get a knock on the door and they go to the Club together. I believe E also had check-in/out privileges but we made sure they got in the Club okay.

The meds had started working and Rob was feeling better. He asked me if this is what I went through every time I told him that I had gas and I said yup! He had a new appreciation for what I go through now :rolleyes1

I had wanted to try some Shawarma so Rob joined me.

508.jpg

I had some on the Magic last year and it was pretty darn good. Not as good as the place I go to here at home but quite good but sadly the one I got was terrible!!! :crazy2:

509.jpg

Rob ended up eating it and I went and had me some of these...

510.jpg

:lovestruc

Much better! I just wish they had the Ken's honey mustard sauce back instead of that horrid Heinz stuff!

While the girls played in the Club, Rob and I just chilled on deck 4 mostly.

512.jpg

513.jpg

514.jpg

511.jpg

One of my favourite things to do is to watch us sail away from each port. We watched as the last stragglers got back to the ship and then we said good-bye to Castaway Cay. :wave2:

Watched the sun set and chilled in the room until Kira came back.

515.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter