Case of Water for 3 ppl- 5 Days- Worth getting it?

imktdqt810

Mouseketeer
We arrive on a Sunday afternoon and depart on Friday morning early. I've been reading about all the different grocery locations to get things delivered to the hotel. We are staying at BWV- so will have a full kitchen but I'm not planning on cooking =-) But DH and DS drink water like crazy. Can you bring unopened water into the park if I buy a case? DH & I drink coffee, so I can always use it for that also if it looks like we will have bottled left over....but how hard is it to get the free cup of water in parks? Thanks for any info!

It's very easy to get free cups of water in the parks. The issue we have is that the water at WDW tastes pretty gross to us. So we buy bottled water and bring it in. We have to use bottled water for coffee too.

When we stay at BWV we walk out front to the Speedway and get a case of water. Yes you can take open or unopened water/ pop, coffee
as well as food into the park as long as it is not in a glass container

It's very easy to get free cups of water in the parks. The issue we have is that the water at WDW tastes pretty gross to us. So we buy bottled water and bring it in. We have to use bottled water for coffee too.
This.
Yes, get a case of water. You will have no problem going through a case in five days with three people, and you will be happy :)
I’m not familiar with the boardwalk, but some resorts in pre-Covid time had cases of water in the resort gift shop so you don’t have to pay to have it delivered if that is the only thing you need and concerned about cost. Price was higher than a grocery store, but not as high as buying it @ $5 per bottle. And I think the bottles were a little bigger. Maybe 20oz versus the 16 oz ones.

A case of water break down...I am counting arrival and departure days..

If you get a 24 pack... For 6 days... is only 4 bottles of water at day... so one bottle per person, and you would have to split the bottle number 4..

If you get a 32 pack = 5.3 bottles a day

If you get a 36 pack - would be 6 bottles per day... so 2 bottles per person per day... this is what I would do... you can take a bottle with you into the parks and refill during the day... then this leaves you one bottle each for the room, poolside, plus something the drink in the middle of the night...

AS hot and humid as it gets here in Florida( local)... I would add in some Gatorade to replenish your electrolyte's...

So for us when our DD, her DH and our sweet grandson (6 yr), along with the two of us --- so 5 of us.. do a family trip for 5 nights ... ... Here's is what I bring drink wise for all of us.
2- 24 packs of bottled water / 3- 8 packs of Gatorade / a box of capri suns/ a couple 12 packs of soda/ which seems like alot, and normally the cooler is empty, and we all have something to drink in hand when heading to the car...

Completely worth it - you'll faint at the current price of bottled water in parks (I believe skipping 1 bottle will pay for a normal case - now, if it's the only thing delivered, it may take 2 bottles to come out ahead)...

Thanks everyone and I looked at BWV and Speedway on the map.....yeah I think it will be worth the walk to buy it...just hope DH doesn't kill me for us having to carry it back to the hotel. LOL But I think DS is bringing a backpack so I think we can put some in that and make it less of a load for one person!

LOVE the idea to freeze a bottle...never thought of that!

Thanks again!

Have you thought about getting reusable filtered water bottles like Britas? Then you can refill them at anywhere. I even have a kids size one that fits in a small purse.

Personally I wouldn't want to carry a case of water even from the lobby to my room.
I think we have something like that stashed away from when we went in 2016 but have not clue where they might be! Maybe that WOULD be the best way to go....guess it's good that we will have a rainy long weekend....more time to pack and look for all these last Minute things!

We arrive on a Sunday afternoon and depart on Friday morning early. I've been reading about all the different grocery locations to get things delivered to the hotel. We are staying at BWV- so will have a full kitchen but I'm not planning on cooking =-) But DH and DS drink water like crazy. Can you bring unopened water into the park if I buy a case? DH & I drink coffee, so I can always use it for that also if it looks like we will have bottled left over....but how hard is it to get the free cup of water in parks? Thanks for any info!
You should be able to purchase a case of water at the marketplace at BWV. A 12-pack should cost less than the price of two bottles. I'm not sure the speedway would be any less expensive.

When we went at Spring Break, we flew Southwest, so we had lots of luggage room. I packed a 12 pack of water in my suitcase.
It’s not your question but freeze the bottle of water than wrap it in a paper towel.

We have done both of these many times. I prefer packing it to go home when it's shrink wrapped tightly as a 6-pack. Then I feel it's less likely to get tossed around and break. Even if one did crack, there's plenty of dirty laundry to soak it up.
The frozen bottles are a must in summer months. Our backpacks have a padded section that would be ideal for a laptop but it's even more ideal for keeping water cold. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Have you thought about getting reusable filtered water bottles like Britas? Then you can refill them at anywhere. I even have a kids size one that fits in a small purse.

Personally I wouldn't want to carry a case of water even from the lobby to my room.
This is what we do. we get free ice water from counter service and fill with ice before leaving the room each day.

A few things to keep in mind about bottled water at Disney World:

a) I think when most people think of buying a case of water, they think that they will be getting 24 bottles, and each bottle will be 16.9 ounces

b) I believe if you buy a bottle of water in a Disney park, you will get a 16.9 ounce bottle and the cost will be $3.50

c) According to the DVC member website, the gift shop on the Boardwalk sells an 8-pack of 12 ounce bottles for $4.79

I just wanted to mention that because when people talk about buying a case of water in the gift shop, they might think they will be getting a case of 24 bottles rather than an 8-pack. And they might think that they will be getting 16.9 ounce bottles rather than 12 ounce bottles.

I don't know what's sold at the Speedway gas station near the BoardWalk.

^^ And with any of these you are paying a lot of money for what is basically filtered tap water. I guess if don't like the taste of Disney water, then perhaps it is worth the money. If that doesn't matter I would just get free water at the park.

I'd either get at the Speedway, or order. We drive, so not hard to bring, but we always have either 1 or 2 cases. My son and I don't mind drinking out of the water fountains, or getting cups of water in the parks, but hubby and daughter dont' like that, especially hubby. I do start off each day with at least 1 bottle for each of us., in my backpack. I also bring my own coffee, and fixings for it. Plus we bring tons of snacks, goldfish, snack bars, etc. Hubby did a trip in March, and was the first time he used grocery delivery, and it was easy, and reasonable. Enjoy the trip!!

If I was going to buy bottled water, I would buy way more than one case for 3 people over 5 days. That's like...no water at all unless you supplement with park/hotel water. If I'm supplementing, I just wouldn't buy a case at all. On a normal day, I drink at least 2 liters of water (4 bottles) by myself. In the parks when it's hot? More than that. I only mention this because I really don't think it's worth going out of your way for a single case of water if you'll be supplementing and they go through water like crazy.

If you are taking a rolling carry on bag your hubby to take that over to the speedway and then put the bottled water in it so he does not have to carry it back to the room. We also use the Coleman cooler backpack in the parks. It keeps our frozen water cold. Then I use the backpack as my personal bag on the flight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter