Cars suite for 5 adults one child

mejo

Mouseketeer
I'm a little concerned from reading another thread so I thought I would ask opinions.
There were 9 of us going and we were in 2 rooms at POFQ, we were all excited. On friday, 3 of the people backed out, they called and cancelled one room. That left 2 people with no room. Since I am paying for the 2 people so they could have a magical vacation, I had to come up with something else. There are of course no rooms available for free dining left at POFQ.

There are now 6 of us 5 adults and 1 2 yr old. We considered fW trailer homes but I have stayed there and don't feel it will be magical for the 2 new folks. I priced a ton of ways to do this and the suites are quite a bit more expensive but not near as high as any other way to do it.

Anyway we are now booked at Cars Suites, we will be there 11 days, what do you all think.

Welcome to the world of AoA!

First off, let me say the 2 year old will LOVE it. That being said, the kids are not the only ones to get amazed by the resort. The adults will be in awe as well! This is a great resort for people who truly want the 'Disney experience' for their first trip.
The resort is a spectacle and you will not be disappointed...very magical indeed!

Enjoy your trip!

I won't sugarcoat it and say that you won't feel cramped, because you will. Five adults and a toddler is a lot of people in a room that's just about the size of 2 standard rooms put together.

Parents and toddler should take the master bedroom with the remaining 3 adults taking the sleeper sofa and Inovabed. Are 2 of the 3 a couple? If so, sofa bed for them. The Inovabed can fit 2 but 1 is more comfortable.

Is it possible to switch to 2 value rooms? I myself would feel a bit smushed sharing an AoA suite with 5 other people, but of course that's just my opinion! :goodvibes

We loved AoA!! But I agree with the person who said you will probably feel cramped. But if that doesn't bother you then you will love it!!

I'm a little concerned from reading another thread so I thought I would ask opinions.
There were 9 of us going and we were in 2 rooms at POFQ, we were all excited. On friday, 3 of the people backed out, they called and cancelled one room. That left 2 people with no room. Since I am paying for the 2 people so they could have a magical vacation, I had to come up with something else. There are of course no rooms available for free dining left at POFQ.

There are now 6 of us 5 adults and 1 2 yr old. We considered fW trailer homes but I have stayed there and don't feel it will be magical for the 2 new folks. I priced a ton of ways to do this and the suites are quite a bit more expensive but not near as high as any other way to do it.

Anyway we are now booked at Cars Suites, we will be there 11 days, what do you all think.

Were there any other mods available with free dining? I'd switch to two mod rooms before going to the suite. Or consider two value rooms - at least you get one extra bed.

The suites at AoA are actually larger than two value rooms. They are 565 sq. feet vs. 270 for a value. They are laid out to make the most of the space. I agree with putting the parents and the 2 year old in the master bedroom. The other two beds are double sized, no smaller than any other double bed. If you think adults won't want to share, you can always bring a twin sized inflatable mattress. There is room for that in the suite as well.

For me it would depend on the closeness of your relationship. Parent and close adult children may be ok depending on the relationship but I can't think of anyone I would be ok being that tight of quarters with for a week. Me, DH and our 2 kids 11 & 8 are more than enough.

Thanks everybody, I think we will be ok, there were not Mods left except top of the line views. I hate paying for a view. We did consider two values and it would have been cheaper but I am thinking this will be less good too and I have never stayed in a one of the suites. I might break down and buy DVC points after this though. :rotfl2:

Its Me(53), DD(24, DD(27), Brother (35) and a life long friend of DD(24) and her 2 yr Old. I think I will put DD(24) her friend and 2 year old in Bedroom my brother on a blow up mattress and me and my other daughter on the couch and table. I think we will be fine. Not sure how much we will be in the room anyway plus We also have stayed at LM and loved the resort

This could possibly work. Although I can't imagine where you would put a blow up mattress to be honest. Can you and your daughter share the sofa and give brother the table bed?

We went with 4 adults and 2 children. I took the master with the two kids. My in laws took the sofa and my husband slept on the table bed.

We weren't in the room a ton. When we were there we were sleeping or showering so it wasn't a big deal.

I don't know, but it may be more comfy in 2 value rooms that will give you 4 regular double beds, rather then pull outs. But having never stayed in AOA or the suites, it's just my speculation.

I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't do it. I think that is going to be just too tight for 11 days. We stayed in a Cars suite 2 weeks ago, we are a family of 6. It was really fun, the theming was amazing, and the layout of the suite is really cool. The table that turns into a bed was one of my sons favorite things!

But, I will say I still felt like we were on top of each other. You had to get rid of the beds if you wanted a place to sit or eat, but then clear the table of everything to open the bed. Plus with all the stuff 6 people need, I felt like I was always stepping over things or around people. Can't imagine adding a blowup to that!

We were only there a couple of nights before moving to a condo (first time trying offsite) for a week. We did this just to experience the new resort and as a special treat for my almost 3 yr old who is a cars fanatic. We definitely enjoyed the resort and experience but think we would have become uncomfortable if we had stayed there the whole 10 nights. Little too much family togetherness! ;) Plus, honestly I was surprised how expensive it was, considering its in the value category. Of course, free dining wasn't available during our stay so that is a huge factor too.

I think i would keep checking and see if any moderates open up, or even 2 rooms at a value. Having 4 real beds would be much better and the 2 year old would love the theming at POP, Movies, or Sports. My kids loved all of those. You could still visit and explore AoA. Good luck!

I can't imagine staying with that combo of people in one room. I camped as a kid and the hassle of switching between beds and couch or table all the time quickly becomes a huge pain. I haven't stayed at AOA but last year we did 2 connecting rooms at ASMo and it was great (4 adults and a 4 year old). Whatever you decide I hope you have a magical trip!

Have you considered renting points for a two-bedroom villa? We stayed last year at Kidani; it was wonderful! We are a family of four, and my parents came with us. It was about the cost of two moderate rooms rack rate.

It really didn't feel like my parents were even with us much. We had a lock-out. My DH and toddler slept with me in the king in the master bedroom. My teen slept on the pullout couch in the living area. My parents had the studio part to themselves. They really only came "over" for breakfast or to leave with us for the parks. We had 3 bathrooms, so getting ready was nice.

It's just a thought. We used the DVC Rental Store, and we're using them again for our June 2014 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter