Cars broken into

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of years back we actually saw someone breaking into a car at DTD as the owner approached, saw the man and called the police. Within minutes security was there and the guy was apprehended. This was before all of the construction. I guess it can happen anywhere but I would say the people would have to ballsy to do it at an onsite hotel because of how difficult it is to flea the scene if something went wrong. They would be caught before getting off property.

I'm actually surprised that with cars these days having alarm systems that others around the cars once broken into didn't at least get a look at the thieves. With my car (a 2006 model), the darn alarm goes off if I open the drivers' side door, push down on the lock button, leave the door open for more than a minute to get out groceries, and then close it. I'm sure the look on my face when that first happened was hilarious but my neighbors sure didn't think so.
Does anyone pay attention to car alarms?

Its not just cars either, our family home resort is OKW, 9 years ago when my parents, aunt & uncle went out to the pool for an hour there 2nd story room was broken into via the sliding balcony door. The burglar hit the room below, my aunt's & uncle's room, my parent's and was seen trying to get into the room next to theirs when my family returned and scared them off. They stole everything, cell phones, cash, travelers checks, credit cards....local sheriff was called and case was filed. It happens everywhere, even Disney, even at your DVC home resort on the 2nd floor.

Cars get broken into the Disney theme parks just like anywherr else. Tourists leave all kinds of valuables inside. Now a days with newer cars locks can be opened with external remote and you dont realize it till later.

Its not just cars either, our family home resort is OKW, 9 years ago when my parents, aunt & uncle went out to the pool for an hour there 2nd story room was broken into via the sliding balcony door. The burglar hit the room below, my aunt's & uncle's room, my parent's and was seen trying to get into the room next to theirs when my family returned and scared them off. They stole everything, cell phones, cash, travelers checks, credit cards....local sheriff was called and case was filed. It happens everywhere, even Disney, even at your DVC home resort on the 2nd floor.
They don't have sliding balcony doors at OKW. They are all regular swinging doors with dead bolts.

Hear about the new gun invention? It has a six digit code. Thief pulls the trigger and.....boom.

They don't have sliding balcony doors at OKW. They are all regular swinging doors with dead bolts.

My bad, my aunt and uncle were JUST over for Super Bowl and we were talking about it cuz I mentioned that I posted it here. They in fact,jimmy or busted the locks.

ETA: Windowsill were cracked at several different places on both units as they tried multiple ways to get inside before finally just busting off the locks and handle. Mom can't remember if there were screens for the actual back door at the time.

Last edited:

We have friends staying in Orlando and cars at several resorts have been broken into recently (their car included). This happened at both Disney and non-Disney Resorts.

Fortunately the thieves did not seem be to after electronics, a GPS was taken out of the glove-box but left inside the car. The rumor floating around is that the thieves were most likely looking for cash, gift cards and guns - things that don't need fenced and may be commonly left in a car.

Just a reminder to not keep valuables in your car.
I don't bring a car to Disney nor do I own a gun, but I would certainly never leave cash or gift cards in the car.

Wow thats not a good thing Im sure Disney will take some sort of measures to deal with this.... not good for business

Firearms are forbidden to be brought onto WDW property by guests. Only law enforcement are allowed to be in possession of firearms, including at the resorts. It's a strict policy and it doesn't matter if it's in your bag, your room, or your car. If it is in your car and it gets stolen, when you report the theft you may end up banned from WDW for life for having a gun on property in the first place.

Last edited:
Firearms are forbidden to be brought onto WDW property by guests. Only law enforcement are allowed to be in possession of firearms, including at the resorts. It's a strict policy and it doesn't matter if it's in your bag, your room, or your car. If it is in your car and it gets stolen, when you report the theft you may end up banned from WDW for life for having a gun on property in the first place.

This is incorrect. Disney bans you from carrying them, but you are welcome to lock them up at the Security office of each park, or in a safe deposit box at the front desk of your resort.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/walt-disney-world-resorts-concealed-carry-policies/

That's old info. The security office at each park will no longer take them.

I did some Googling and can't find where Disney says you will be banned if you even have one in your car. Do you have a link I could look at? My DH is in law enforcement and he doesn't travel without a firearm, so I just want to make sure what we are setting ourselves up for if we get "caught" with one in our car. I just e-mailed Disney and asked them - hopefully I will get a quick reply from Disney.

I did some Googling and can't find where Disney says you will be banned if you even have one in your car. Do you have a link I could look at? My DH is in law enforcement and he doesn't travel without a firearm, so I just want to make sure what we are setting ourselves up for if we get "caught" with one in our car. I just e-mailed Disney and asked them - hopefully I will get a quick reply from Disney.

You're asking the wrong person about the "no firearm allowed in your vehicle" part. I was simply addressing the part about leaving it with security at the parks.

If having one in your vehicle is also banned, I'll just have to take my chances.

Guns? Commonly left in cars? Good grief if that's true am I naive to be shocked by that?

Not allowed in the parks. So if you have one on you instead of leaving it at home before going to the parks, you will need to leave it in the car. Some people have been caught trying to get them into the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter