Caring for Giants

mamasuttles

Earning My Ears
thinking about doing the Caring for Giants tour at AK - is it worth the time and money? It will be myself, DH and two 10 yr old DDs.

I haven't done it - yet.

But I plan to book it for November after reading a lot of positive feedback about the tour on these boards. In fact, I don't think I've come across anything remotely negative.

My DD25 is obsessed with elephants so I think this will be a nice little surprise for her.

thinking about doing the Caring for Giants tour at AK - is it worth the time and money? It will be myself, DH and two 10 yr old DDs.

We did the tour in June and really enjoyed it. There isn't a lot to it -- they take you backstage and then via van to an area behind the elephant habitat, where first an elephant expert than an African ambassador speak to you about elephants. The best part for us was being so close to them as they're incredible animals. My 8-year old loved it.

We did it in June and absolutely loved it! We all agreed how it good it was and thought it was great value for money in our opinion.

Both our guides (Dan & Millie) were very knowledgeable about the Elephants and various conservation projects for Elephants and they made sure everyone had plenty of time looking at the Elephants and we never felt rushed to move on. It was amazing seeing Baby Stella up close. She's so cute!

We did the 10:30am tour so it wouldn't be as hot and so there was less chance of it being rained off. I think there was about 15 of us on the tour in total. Mostly adults with one family that had a girl around 9/10, I'd say, and everyone was very considerate to make sure she was able to see so I think your kids would love it too. Definitely recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter