Caribe Royale

dtum

DIS Veteran
We are considering getting a villa at CR. Was wondering if they have the same free breakfast that Buena Vista Suites has or are we able to take advantage of it at BVS since they are sister suites. Also, do they have transportation to the parks like BVS? We're thinking that the two bedrooms and two bathrooms would make it a little easier for 6 people.

We have not stayed there, but I have done lots of research on these properties. BVS comes with free breakfast, but Caribe does not. Both have shuttles to the parks.

Caribe has a much better pool area if that is important to you. I have read that the villas at Caribe have their own private pool area - it is smaller, but you can still walk over to the main pool if you'd like.

Even though they are sister properties, you can only use the amenities (free breakfast or nicer pool for example) at the one hotel you are actually staying at.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I think my family is really leaning toward the villas because of the extra bathroom and bedroom.

We always stay at the Caribe Royale. We love it!! The two bedroom villa is amazing. Perfect for families who actually want to spend time together. The shared living area is so nice and every unit has a screened in balcony.

But...the best part is the bedrooms and bathrooms. The master has a vanity area so another person can get dressed there with out being crowded. The second bathroom is decent sized.

The shuttles (to both hotels) run on a pretty accessible schedule and there are no parking or resort fees.

Keep an eye on the Wednesday deals. While we don't get a free breakfast, we ended up with a $40 a day food credit which worked nicely. We usually got breakfast along the entrance road at MickeyD's or Starbuck's and used our credit to fill up our park cooler with drinks and snacks.

Let me elaborate on the busses. They use Mears. We were down there last year during this week and it seemed that they had busses running to each of the parks hourly, with extra service available around park opening and closing. Sometimes the bus would stop at a second park and pick up guests there (usually happened with DHS or AK busses). I think there was a bus to the outlets and DTD too.

We had a car too, so the busses were used for when one of us wanted to break off from the group and do their own thing.

There are a lot of restaurants and Fast food on the road to the Park. About a mile past the hotel is a huge (24hr?) Walmart, where you can buy all sorts of goodies. Park entrance was 7 minutes down the road.

Please keep up telling us about CR as I have ressies right now but also have ressies for 2 rooms at POR. Doing the math and trying to find a GREAT reason to choose CR ....we have always stayed on WDW property and this will be something new....always afraid of something new. Cost is a factor and it is difficult for me to add up all the cost so that I am comparing "apples to apples". Tell me more about CR and reasons to choose it.
OP---did you decide yet?

Let me just say upfront, I am a major "stay-on-site" kinda gal. You can see by my signature we stay on-site a lot and I have tried many of the Disney resorts.

However, during the Princess Half Marathon last year, we booked a 2 bedroom at CR, and we LOVED IT! My DH and boys, too. The pool was a big hit with the men in my family.

The rooms are not nice.... they are VERY NICE. Big rooms, full kitchen, living area and screened in porch. The master bedroom has a king size bed, and a big, jetted soaking tub. That really came in handy after the race! The second bedroom has 2 beds in it, they were either full size or queen. All I remember was that my little boys shared one bed, and there was plenty of room.

The tip about joining the Mousesaver's newsletter was good advice. That's where we found our discounted rate. The Wednesday special rates off of their website is new this year. I think if you get one of the discounts, it is definitely worth it. As a "stay-on-site" kinda gal, it is the only place we would stay off-site!:thumbsup2

Let me just say upfront, I am a major "stay-on-site" kinda gal. You can see by my signature we stay on-site a lot and I have tried many of the Disney resorts.

However, during the Princess Half Marathon last year, we booked a 2 bedroom at CR, and we LOVED IT! My DH and boys, too. The pool was a big hit with the men in my family.

The rooms are not nice.... they are VERY NICE. Big rooms, full kitchen, living area and screened in porch. The master bedroom has a king size bed, and a big, jetted soaking tub. That really came in handy after the race! The second bedroom has 2 beds in it, they were either full size or queen. All I remember was that my little boys shared one bed, and there was plenty of room.

The tip about joining the Mousesaver's newsletter was good advice. That's where we found our discounted rate. The Wednesday special rates off of their website is new this year. I think if you get one of the discounts, it is definitely worth it. As a "stay-on-site" kinda gal, it is the only place we would stay off-site!:thumbsup2

Did you drive to the parks or use their buses? I'm all for staying here for our next trip and family is looking forward to the extra space, but I'm worried about going back and forth from the parks for the afternoon breaks.

So glad I found this thread. Planning a very low budget trip in December. Sounds like a great place. A couple questions I have: is the pool open at Christmas time? Do the shuttles/buses run so you can make it to RD at the parks?

I'm afraid I cannot help you with the busses questions. We drive. Granted, you have to pay for parking. But b/c mine are small enough for a stroller, we like the control you have with driving your own car and bringing a double stroller (we have twins). That way we can leave whenever we want, both there and back, and determine our own schedule.

I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to Disney (sshhh... don't tell anyone:cool2:) and if I wanted to make it to RD, and someone else's bus made me late, that would just frustrate me. This way, it's all under my own responsibility.

Hope that helps.

I'm afraid I cannot help you with the busses questions. We drive. Granted, you have to pay for parking. But b/c mine are small enough for a stroller, we like the control you have with driving your own car and bringing a double stroller (we have twins). That way we can leave whenever we want, both there and back, and determine our own schedule.

I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to Disney (sshhh... don't tell anyone:cool2:) and if I wanted to make it to RD, and someone else's bus made me late, that would just frustrate me. This way, it's all under my own responsibility.

Hope that helps.

A control freak!?!?!? I think I've just met my sister whom I was separated from at birth! So glad to finally meet you sis! Ok. Now I know I am asking the right person because I am a total control freak. I would also be frustrated with not being able to get there when I wanted or leave when I wanted. So here's my next question(s):

What would the traffic be like driving to the park from the Caribe? I am worrying that on Christmas week I'd be sitting in traffic. Is heavy traffic a realistic possibility at RD? And then to not be dropped off but have to park the car and walk- how long would that take? Isn't there a dedicated bus lane? Is the Caribe close enough to DTD that you could walk there and hitch a ride on a Disney bus?

Last time we went (stayed at CBR) and when we wanted to go somewhere fast we hopped in a cab. I'd have no problem doing that again BUT would the cab then be stuck in traffic unlike the bus which would have the dedicated bus lane?

I know a control freak will understand my need to have the RIGHT answer to this dilemma. :confused3

Angie

Maybe others can tell you differently, but I have never had problems with traffic at Disney, including when we were leaving at night at closing or after the fireworks.

Now.... where I have had problems is outside of Disney on route 4, or something like that trying to get to a restaurant or the outlets, but never in Disney, if you get what I mean. (Now I also don't go during Christmas week... busiest week of the year).

The only time that we have had to park "way out back" in any of the parking lots, is if we showed up in the afternoon. But if we go in the morning, and it does not have to be at RD, we have often gotten so close that we just walk up to whatever park, and not even take their tram rides to the park. With a double stroller, we always hope for a pretty close parking spot. But the Disney trams are fantastic if you need them, if you are way back in the lot. They are always running and get you to where you need to go.

The drive to/from the Caribe is fast, short and direct. Easy-peasy! The least of your worries, really. If you are going to be there the week of Christmas, imagine how busy the on-site hotels will be, and thus, how busy and full their buses will be. Some of the on-site resorts have more efficient bus services than others, particularly during the peak periods. If you are driving in, then you are not waiting for a bus and can drive back to your resort when you want to, without waiting.

I'm still an on-site kind of gal, but the Caribe Royale really does have alot going for it.

How about the internet service in the 2 bedroom Villas? Wifi or wired? How's the speed and so forth?

(Yes, I'm one of those poor souls that have to work on vacation...:upsidedow)

This is what Mousesavers says about the wireless internet service:

"All guest rooms have wireless high-speed Internet access and there is wireless Internet access in the reception building, pool area and parts of the convention center ($9.99/day)."

Thanks for the responses. They probably do have reliable internet service since they have a convention center, but I always like to get a report or two from customers when I can. This place is definitely in the running for the next trip! :thumbsup2

I am also looking at staying at the Caribe the week of Xmas. I have looked REALLY hard to find just the right place and this seems to be it! I did read on their QandA part of the site that they keep their pools between 80-84 degrees year round. Hopefully this is true because the pool is a big selling feature for us! I am hoping with all the deals onsite at Disney that the roads will be somewhat uncrowded. Maybe we will see you there!
:santa::cool1::littleangel::upsidedow::woohoo::love::banana::yay::dance3::cheer2::grouphug::flower3:

This thread is awesome,helped me to make a plan for the trip.i wasn't planning because of my budget but this thread solved my problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter