Caribbean vs Cornando Springs

I have been to cbr but not csr, cbr is my favorite resort after the yacht club , been to the Poly this past Jan. and I prefer cbr even over that resort!It is so beautiful there, the pool area is awesome, food court is very good and Ive never had a problem with the bus service from there on any of my past stays. Housekeeping was always good as well.I will be back at the cbr this September for the food and wine festival, although after reading other trip reports about the csr I must say I would like to try it out on some future stay. It sounds just as nice! Didnt like so much of the theme at csr when I first started to take trips to Disney and that is why I had always gone with the cbr when I stay at the moderates but Ive kinda changed my mind on it now and will try it out at some point. Really Im sure either one will be great I just know for sure that the cbr is!Also if you are travelling with little ones I would think cbr is the way to go, more themed to them as far as pool area and the rooms! Have fun planning! I find it hard deceiding where to stay each time I go so far Ive stayed at the yacht club3 times cbr 5 times and the poly once. will be number 6 in September for the cbr! Hope that helps!:thumbsup2

That does help, we stayed at POR Riverside last year and we loved it, but we wanted to try a different moderate resort. I am glad you told me it is good for little ones, because we wanted a cool pool theme, and it sounds like CBR is the one for us. Thanks again!!!!

I think you are making a right choice with cbr if you are travelling with kids! Glad to help in any way possible, cbr is a great resort!:thumbsup2

We have stayed at both...I have to say with the recent pool remodel and with kids I would definitely choose CBR...We did love Coronado springs, but now that CBR has a zero entry pool - and all the cool themed rooms (pirates/nemo) that would be my choice. It just seems more family friendly to me...

CSR is bigger...but I dont really see that as a CON...I liked the space...and don't mind walking.

A BIG PRO for CSR would be the twisty slide the kids loved however.....We were last at CBR before the pool remodel so Ill have a hard time comparing this item.

A CON for me at Coronado spring was it was hard to properly supervise the children when they were constantly running to go on the twisty slide out of my purview, which made me very nervous.

Another con at CSR was the pool never seemed to have enough lounge chairs - near the SLIDE where I spent the majority of my time.

A PRO for CBR would be the food court...like the way its organized and the choices. I really disliked CSRs food court...Very disorganized and confusing.:confused:

A PRO for CBR was the colorful buildings....very cheery.I also likeD the staff at CBR very helpful and cheery.

A con for CSR is its a convention resort....so you may see business folks there. It really didnt bother me too much but it did a little

Thank you for your help too. I think you both have helped me make up mind. Altough its a year away before we go back to disney we can't wait.

I was comparing them in my Birnbaum's book because I was deciding between the two.

Coranado Springs has queen beds and CBR has full (unless you book a room with one bed and that would be a king)

Huge plus for me (there's 4 of us) is that CBR has double sinks. We have this at home and I know with all of us getting ready to leave at the same time, we'll be glad for the two sinks. Coranado has a single sink w/vanity.

When it came down to it, I asked my kids to look at the pool and pick which one they liked better and they picked CBR. Can't wait to see it in person!

:dance3:

We're planning our first Disney trip for Feb 2012. We really like the look of CBR, but I do have a question....would we be able to use/enjoy the poll and beach area in Feb or will it be too cold?

We're planning our first Disney trip for Feb 2012. We really like the look of CBR, but I do have a question....would we be able to use/enjoy the poll and beach area in Feb or will it be too cold?

Howdy Aggiemommy, I am an Aggie Mom as well. Gig'em

As far as swimming in February, the weather could be hit or miss but all the pools are heated. It is just getting from the pool to your room that might be an issue.

my DH and i are going in Feb 2012, we will be taking our 16 mnth old DS, ofthe two CBR/ CSR do you thin he would like as far as the pools.. as he LOVES water... and my DH loves food... of the FC , the better of the two:confused:

Howdy Aggiemommy, I am an Aggie Mom as well. Gig'em

As far as swimming in February, the weather could be hit or miss but all the pools are heated. It is just getting from the pool to your room that might be an issue.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking...now to book our trip!! :)

Hi,

We stayed at CBR in 09. We loved the resort, it was beautiful!:) We did find it to be spread out, due to our DD being in a wheelchair. We enjoyed the pool! The bus stop and quiet pool were just outside our door. We never had a problem with the bus. It was too far from the food court for our DD in her chair but we made due. Since then we have stayed at POP, WL and FW cabins. By far my family talks about the CBR being their favorite! We were debating between CSR and CBR. After much thought we decided to return to CBR!:lovestruc We did decide to pay for a perfered room, hope its better for DD! However my DH said its quiet there and he likes that!:thumbsup2

The bed size would be the deal breaker for me, for others its a double sink.:confused3

Here is a picture of one of the slides at the main pool at Caribbean Beach ...
pool.jpg

Here is another shot of the main pool ...
pool_2.jpg

Last year we finally stayed at CBR after putting off trying it there for years!!! Turns out, it was GREAT (in a preferred room, though)!!!! Pool is great for kids!

For CBR the gift shop is one that kids will love (there's lots of pirate things in it). There is also an island that you can explore and with an area of some cannons facing the water. I think you are making the right choice.

We just got back from CBR. In all honesty DH and I did not like it. The service was terrible (our front hotel door would not lock:scared1: and no one at the front desk thought it was a big deal:sad2:believe it or not that wasn't even our biggest problem).

BUT, I have to add, our DD loved the pool. The pool and really fun pool staff were the only reason we didn't change resorts after the first night. I don't know if we would ever go back after our experience (sometimes luck just isn't on your side as far as service and rooms go, I'm willing to chuck it up to that and move on) but if everything went smoothly I can see why others love this resort. It is beautiful and the pool is awesome!

We stayed at CSR last February and loved it. I found the room decor to be the most attractive of the mods and of course the queen beds were great. I liked that the theming was more subdued, i.e. not in-your-face Disney everywhere. DD loved the water slide, we used the pool/spa every single day, we got lucky with 85 degree weather for a whole week in February! Although we would still swim every day even if it wasn't warm. I suspect there tend to be fewer young children at CSR than at CBR, but we did not feel out of place and our DD made friends in the pool pretty much every day. The only thing I didn't love was the food situation; I just didn't love the Pepper Market, I thought it was weird that they included a gratuity when they don't do anything and you are still eating cafeteria style. We loved CSR and would not hesitate to stay there again (preferably with a code/pin!).

That said, we are considering CBR for our next stay. I stayed there as a teen several times and have such fond memories. But I prefer the more sophisticated room decor and larger beds at CSR. I think DD would like the CBR pool, but I'm worried she won't go on the closed water slide (the open water slide at CSR was pretty much the highlight of her trip!). I also worry that CBR will be crazy with tons of kids everywhere. CSR pool was reasonably peaceful, even thought it was a busy week. I think I would prefer the CBR food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter