Caribbean Beach

KathyFP

<font color=green>You mean there is more to the so
Staying at Caribbean Beach - without spending additional money - what would be your preferred location?

It is just my daughter and I on a special trip.

Our favorites in order of preference:

Jamaica 45 - ~5 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool, love the bright yellow color of the buildings which is why it's higher than Aruba 51

Aruba 51 also ~5 minute stroll across the bridge

Martinique 22 is about the same distance as the above two locations. However, there's no walk across the bridge and therefore our DS can't stop at the playground on Caribbean Cay and play while I continue to OPR and grab our breakfasts to bring back to the room.:thumbsup2

Martinique 23 and 21 still really close to OPR and Main Pool but just a little bit farther than the above

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

We stayed in Jamaica 43 and it was great! Bus stop right out front and 5 min walk across bridge to main pool and OPR.

I wouldn't stay at CBR again unless I paid for a preferred room location, or had my own car. Otherwise it is too much of a hike to the food court and main pool.

During my stay we were in Jamaica 44. It was very close to a bus stop, so that is a positive, but rather inconvenient to walk up front to get our mugs refilled or to just look around.

I wouldn't stay at CBR again unless I paid for a preferred room location, or had my own car. Otherwise it is too much of a hike to the food court and main pool.

During my stay we were in Jamaica 44. It was very close to a bus stop, so that is a positive, but rather inconvenient to walk up front to get our mugs refilled or to just look around.

I was in Aruba 54 in October -- it wasn't close enough either to just run over and grab a drink with my refillable mug -- it was about 6 minute walk -- however, the grounds were so pretty to enjoy on the walk that I didn't mind it for breakfast every day nor running over to pick something up in the gift shop. Yes, I ended up "wasting" some money by purchasing beverages to keep in my room -- however, I WILL definitely stay here again.

Tom

We were in Barbados 13, when we stayed there, and I didn't mind the walk at all. Being on the ground floor was more important to me, because we were traveling with a 3 month old.

I actually hated staying at POFQ where everything was so close together.

I have never stayed at CBR so can't chime in with a recommendation. Just wanted to say YAY for a special mother/daughter trip!!!:cool1: My daughter and I are doing the same in February but staying at POR. I can't wait! What better place to have some special one on one time than at WDW???!!! I hope you have a magical vacation!!pixiedust:

We were in Barbados and loved it. Like the pp, we didn't mind the walk at all as we took our time and enjoyed the beautiful surroundings.

We stayed in Jamaica 45. It was nice b/c you could walk across the bridge and be at the main pool/OPR in about 5 min and also depending on which park you came home from, you could get off at either the Aruba bus stop and walk OR the Jamaica one. J45 is about right in the middle of both stops.

We were in Barbados 13, when we stayed there, and I didn't mind the walk at all. Being on the ground floor was more important to me, because we were traveling with a 3 month old.

I actually hated staying at POFQ where everything was so close together.

I am glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who didn't like the smallness of POFQ. I know that the small size appeals to some but I missed a bigger resort. We went out to explore the resort and were done in no time.

Original poster, we have stayed in all of the villages with the exception of the two Trinidad villages. Even when we stayed in one of the furthest buildings from Old Port Royale (Barbados 11), the walk was no longer than 7 minutes at a very leisurely pace. Most other walks were under 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter