Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mu daughter is wanting us to switch resorts for CBR and we like the look of Jamaica. Were you happy with the resort and did you have long waits for the bus? What order did the bus run when entering the resort (right or left) and was the bus full when it got to your bus stop? TIA!

I was very happy with the resort and thought jamaica was great, bout a 5 min walk to old port royale. Most of the time when we got there, we wait less then 5 mins, maybe little longer going back because it seem like all of us r coming back the same time lol. If i remember correctly, they first pick u up at jamaica, then going on from the left side of the map, not entirely sure, lol, we were always pick up first and drop off first when we were stayin at jamaica(i think one of the first ppl pick up..lol)

The quietness of the resort was one of my favorite things. Last time we stayed at the Wilderness and we could hear everyone walking by in the hallway, it was a connecting room and we could hear our neighbors clear as a bell, and it was pool view so the pool noise/music was loud during the day.

Our room at CBR was a connecting room but we never heard the neighbors at all. The resort just seemed so much more quiet and peaceful.

O yaaa definitely felt at peace at night, fell alsleep within 5 mins of laying down, hehee

If any one did get some pictures of the alligator a CBR last week, I would like to see them. Thanks.

We're booked!!! We're booked!!!
Can't wait to see CBR in person!! All of these pictures are fantastic!!

If any one did get some pictures of the alligator a CBR last week, I would like to see them. Thanks.

I have some....they are kinda dark and you can really only see his nose and eyes peeking out of the water, but I will do my best to get them on here. :) I am not the best with putting pics up on here.

Its makes check in so much easier don't you think....we've done it twice and we were completely checked in and on our way to the room with in 5 minutes. The On-line check in line had no one in it when we got there, and the regular check in line had at least 10 people waiting to check in. I was so glad to be done so fast!!!!!!!

I agree 100%. We did it for our trip in Feb and it was fast...although we drove and we didn't get to the customs house at a time that ME was dropping off so there wasn't a line for either check-in.

RE: the alligator pics...I'd love to see them too.

I also recently heard about an announcement Disney made saying that they are going to stop heavy discounting by October and that if they have to endure lower attendance until people get used to paying full price again that they were willing to. Somehow I don't believe them and think that they will need to keep discounting until the "new" fantasyland opens. Any other thoughts?

I agree 100%. We did it for our trip in Feb and it was fast...although we drove and we didn't get to the customs house at a time that ME was dropping off so there wasn't a line for either check-in.

RE: the alligator pics...I'd love to see them too.

I also recently heard about an announcement Disney made saying that they are going to stop heavy discounting by October and that if they have to endure lower attendance until people get used to paying full price again that they were willing to. Somehow I don't believe them and think that they will need to keep discounting until the "new" fantasyland opens. Any other thoughts?

We didn't do online check in last time (POR) and we were the only ones in the regular check in line, while the online check in line had 3-4 families is it. So we definitely got checked in faster. I think it can go either way. . .

I heard that a few months ago about Disney wanting to stop with all the deep discounts sometime this year. . . I can see their point that they want people to get used to paying full price again, but at the same time I don't think the economy is exactly fully recovered and I think it may be a mistake to do it quite yet. I sure hope they don't stop anytime soon!! 40% off is what keeps me coming back every year!

We didn't do online check in last time (POR) and we were the only ones in the regular check in line, while the online check in line had 3-4 families is it. So we definitely got checked in faster. I think it can go either way. . .

I heard that a few months ago about Disney wanting to stop with all the deep discounts sometime this year. . . I can see their point that they want people to get used to paying full price again, but at the same time I don't think the economy is exactly fully recovered and I think it may be a mistake to do it quite yet. I sure hope they don't stop anytime soon!! 40% off is what keeps me coming back every year!

same here, the reason we went twice in 08 then again 14 months later was the discounts. Without the discount we probably would have skipped the trip in the middle.

same here, the reason we went twice in 08 then again 14 months later was the discounts. Without the discount we probably would have skipped the trip in the middle.

Exactly. We would have never gone in January 2009, after just going in May 2008, if it weren't for the Buy 4 Get 3 deal. And then again in November 2009 because of free dining. And now 40% off for November 2011. It would be hard to pay full price. We would probably have to go to every other year then. :scared1:

Plus it's so much easier to plead my case to DH with a great offer in front of me!! :rotfl:

Exactly. We would have never gone in January 2009, after just going in May 2008, if it weren't for the Buy 4 Get 3 deal. And then again in November 2009 because of free dining. And now 40% off for November 2011. It would be hard to pay full price. We would probably have to go to every other year then. :scared1:

Plus it's so much easier to plead my case to DH with a great offer in front of me!! :rotfl:

We haven't been as frequently as you, but the discounts are the reason we are thinking of going again May 2011 instead of May 2012. Keeping fingers crossed. My guess is Disney is saying that to get everyone to book thinking if they don't they will "miss" an opportunity. They are a business after all.

Same here, went in 2007, 2009 and again in 2010. Without the deep discount, we would have waited another year or so. We go when they "make me a deal I can't refuse....":thumbsup2

funny that you mention that you use it to plead your case. With my DW I just kind of throw it out there like I did this past Nov for Feb. "hey, did you know if we booked now for 4 nights we get 3 nights free, but I think the deal is only for a short time" and hope for a response similar to the past one of "wow, we might want to think about going while the deal is so good" :smooth:

I agree with everyone about the deals they're doing, we usually just go over for a day, and that's it, but with the deals, we can actually STAY there. I hope they keep it going for a little while longer!!

I have some....they are kinda dark and you can really only see his nose and eyes peeking out of the water, but I will do my best to get them on here. :) I am not the best with putting pics up on here.

What day was it on? When the alligators are spotted do the resort do any thing about it? We were there last week also.

I agree with everyone about the deals they're doing, we usually just go over for a day, and that's it, but with the deals, we can actually STAY there. I hope they keep it going for a little while longer!!

Well we've gone the last three trips because of Free Dining. It saves my family over $160 per day for the DDP, so as long as they offer it as a bounceback offer, I'll keep coming back year after year and stay at CBR!! Its a deal that I just can't pass up!!!

What day was it on? When the alligators are spotted do the resort do any thing about it? We were there last week also.
I believe it was on Saturday night May 8th. Our last two days are kinda of a blurr we were so busy and having so much fun. As for what the resort did about it, we did see them out with a couple special little trucks one day and they def knew it was there, but they didn't seem too concerned. It is florida after all, right? :)
Please send some photos to my email at gmccowan@yahoo.com. Thanks

I will get to those photos tomorrow and try to put them on here and send to the above email....i hope you can see it. I bet there are other people with them too b/c there were a few other people with even beefier cameras snapping shots.

here are some pics of the alligator from last week...it was Thursday night about 11pm when we saw him...there was a CM standing there with a flashlight on the gator...it appeared to be about 5 to 6 feet long....the next day the patrol boats spent the entire day searching for him but I don't think they had any luck...

DSC03413.jpg

I just checked my "notes" and we had heard about him Friday and saw him Saturday so they had not caught him as of Sunday am. Your pics are better than mine. Excellent job! Thanks!

I have more, but for some reason they aren't showing up as being resized so I took them off...as soon as I figure it out I will post

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter