Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can post your pictures here and over on the CBR picture thread. Really looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I am going to do a split stay next February with the Poly and thinking of staying in a pirate room at CBR instead of Pop. I was just looking at the CBR map, and I was wondering what happens after you check in at the Customs House? It is so far away from Trinidad South! :scared1: How do you get to your room, and does it take an awfully long time? And when you check out, does someone come out to your room to help you bring your luggage? (or if I'm switching over to the Poly, does someone come get my luggage and take it away to be delivered to the Poly?). The more I look at CBR, the more excited I am about doing a split stay. I have my DD sold on the pirate room...but she still wants to go back to the Poly to "hop on the monorail" back to our room! :laughing:

After you check in at the Custom House Bell Services will take you & your luggage to your room in a van. Very quick and easy. Same with check out, just call the night before to set up a pick up.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

When we checked in because we did Magical Express we were told to get on an internal bus to get wherever, room, OPR, etc. we wanted to go. Then when we were going to check out we had a really early flight and I called to find out what to do- internal bus was not running and they won't allow luggage on it- so at first was told I would have to take a taxi- I said but I am checking out- and then was told to call bell services to schedule the van. Got the van in the morning no problem. I would assume this is what they would do when you switch resorts as well- the van- not the bus. But as an FYI- you would not want to walk to the customs house from TS as my husband tried when we were attempting to get our backpack and it is really far away! :) You would use the internal bus if you wanted to go there for some odd reason- you may have to when you change resorts I don't know.

After you check in at the Custom House Bell Services will take you & your luggage to your room in a van. Very quick and easy. Same with check out, just call the night before to set up a pick up.

Thanks for that info as I was wondering the same thing. We're so close!

I sure do envy those who are close to their trips to the CBR. I am soooo going to miss our favorite resort this coming August. I am sure we will drive over there "for old times sake".

Quick question: With the exception of the pirate themed rooms, have ALL the rooms been changed into the Nemo theme or are there still some old rooms left?

Thanks!

They have all been done in the Nemo theme except for Trinidad South. No old rooms available unless there are a few left in Trinidad South.

When we checked in because we did Magical Express we were told to get on an internal bus to get wherever, room, OPR, etc. we wanted to go. Then when we were going to check out we had a really early flight and I called to find out what to do- internal bus was not running and they won't allow luggage on it- so at first was told I would have to take a taxi- I said but I am checking out- and then was told to call bell services to schedule the van. Got the van in the morning no problem. I would assume this is what they would do when you switch resorts as well- the van- not the bus. But as an FYI- you would not want to walk to the customs house from TS as my husband tried when we were attempting to get our backpack and it is really far away! :) You would use the internal bus if you wanted to go there for some odd reason- you may have to when you change resorts I don't know.

Thank you both for your response! I was hoping they had golf carts or something to take you to your room :) I think I'll call the resort ahead of time to ask what they do for a split stay, because we would definitely check out of CBR early to head over to the Poly before MK opened...I want to make sure if I need to get to Customs House, that I'll have a ride! :thumbsup2

Disneydreamin247, have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

Has anyone had one of those in room celebrations here at CBR? My family and I will be coming Nov 29th - Dec 5th and celebrating DD's 9th birthday. We are so excited about the new pirate rooms. Thanks in advance for the help.

We're going to try the Caribbean Beach for our next trip in November. I stayed at the Caribbean once before in 1994, so I'm ready to go back. We got the Goofy deal where adults pay kid prices, so staying at a moderate makes the most of that deal. I'm looking forward to my stay. :goodvibes I'm glad that the resort has been refurbished. I'll be hanging out on this thread to learn as much as possible about CBR. :thumbsup2

Right now, I'm just booked standard. I'm really thinking of calling back and requesting Martinique or Trinidad North as a preferred area. I know it's extra, but it might be worth it. What buildings in Martinique are considered preferred?

Quick question. Where do you go if you want to get a taxi? Does Bells services call one for you or do they usually have taxis hanging around?Thanks!:)

K, i set up a photo bucket acct, but it won't let me copy and paste here???? Help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter