Cargo shorts!

Rebecca12345

<font color=blue>Dear Rebecca, Yes there IS a Tag
Hi Moms
How many of us have been envious of the longer shorts our sons & husbands wear, you know the kind that have all kinds of pockets for stuff?

I just got a couple of pr of khaki cargo shorts..for ME
One pr has abt 21 'low profile' pockets on them! Plus they are loaded with zippers & velcro closures for security.

Thought I'd share a good way to 'haul' all those smaller things we need to tote around the parks.

I'll just have to take a detailed list of my pockets though to recall where everything is stashed :D

Oh Yeah I forgot to mention, I went to the young men's section in the clothing store. On sale & will be good for hikes, camping later.

My favorite shorts for vacation are my Columbia cargo shorts, which are normal shorts length but have a bunch of pockets that are velcroed or zipped, plus two deep pockets on each side. And they're supplex, so they dry in a jiffy. There's plenty of room for cash, cards, lip balm, keys, notes, even my small camera. No need for a fanny pack when I wear these!

K9pal, I second your choice they hold a lot and dry fast! I first tried them a couple of years ago and it was sooooo nice to be hands free at Disney!!!

OMG--what a grand idea :)

I'm really not a fannybag kinda lady--but cargo shorts are a great idea!!!!! Cool--so, how much do they normally go for? Where can you get a Columbia one? And what's the name of the one with the tons of pockets?

Thanks!

Most sports stores carry Columbia - basically any store that carries hiking gear should have them.

Good luck in your search!

You might find Columbia brand at regular department stores too - Kohl's carries them (www.kohls.com) as well as Galiyans Sporting Goods. Kohl's has some on sale for $19.99 right now, I think I paid $24 for mine. Regular price is about $25-30. Well worth the cost!

ooooh!!!!
Thanks for the heads-up! I really like your idea of supplex too, K9pal. We're going to be there for eight days with the FTP (happy ferret dance), but if it dries so quickly I can just wash it in the sink every night then and it'll be ready the next day. Is there a name for the style with all the nifty pockets?

WoW:sunny: What a great idea! I hate carrying a fanny pack. Cargo shorts sound like just the thing!
We just got back from WDW a few weeks ago. Wish I would have read this then....I could have avoided all of the "bag check" lines then!!:D
Look out WDW! Next time, I am going CARGO!!!!!:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Mouselander
WoW:sunny: What a great idea! I hate carrying a fanny pack. Cargo shorts sound like just the thing!
We just got back from WDW a few weeks ago. Wish I would have read this then....I could have avoided all of the "bag check" lines then!!:D
Look out WDW! Next time, I am going CARGO!!!!!:Pinkbounc
Are fanny packs searched also? For some reason I thought it was only backpacks and bags of that nature.

do you think security will be searching my many pockets too ??
:eek: Yikes :eek:

Originally posted by Rebecca12345
do you think security will be searching my many pockets too ??
:eek: Yikes :eek:

LOL, in that case, let's hope for drop dead gorgeous security guards. Maybe we can convince them turnaround is fair play if they search our pockets?

Originally posted by cpl100
Are fanny packs searched also? For some reason I thought it was only backpacks and bags of that nature.

YES, They are searched too! As well as....strollers w/bags, coolers, purses, camara bags, backpacks ETC!!!! :) Once even had to open up my eyeglass hard-case to show what was inside.

LOL :jester: Pocket search??? hummm? LOL Ya'll have me laughing out loud!

:earseek: :teeth: :jester: :tongue: :earsgirl:

LOL was the intention. Glad it worked. Some days and about some things you just have to laugh or cry, so why not laugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter